forum

[resolved] Absolute scrolling speed for osu!mania

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
haha5957
what i mean by this : currently, it seems like scrolling speed depends on the song' BPM. when playing lower BPM songs, it's just way too slow, while playing big black drives me crazy. Just make it all same, meaning you won't have to adjust scrolling speed every time you try new song.

Currently we adjust our speed with ctrl +/-, but it's kinda annoying because we have to retry the map just to find the accurate scrolling speed for us. more importantly, in multiplayer, It even bothers more.I had to fail first 2% of the map just to adjust my scrolling speed everytime (in certain BPM range it's fine but when we jump to like 96 => 296.. yeah.

It's different from AR; since we are already allowed to adjust the scrolling speed.
I think it would be better if we just had some kind of "absolute" scrolling speed, and lets us adjust x1.5 x2.0 or whatever it might be, rather then current system where scrolling speed depends on song's BPM.
Rei Hakurei
is it like C500 C700 C1000 in DDR? absolute scrolling speed can't be changed even the BPM changes hmmm i support for this <3
Sakura
I'd think it would be nice if your personal scrolling speed for the map could be saved like local offsets are.
Bobbias
I would either prefer an absolute scrolling speed where you can then modify it by speed mods like 1x, 1.5x, 2x, etc. (depending on speed, options up to 6 or even 8 should be available for those of us crazy enough to use them).

The other option would be to keep the scroll speed based on BPM, but still allow modifiers like entioned above. Currently the only songs that scroll fast enough for me to play are songs in the 300+ BPM range....

Example:
Harappy
But keep in mind speed changes affects difficulty (too fast or too slow are both hard as hell)
btw mentioned by me on t/100764 but yours is obviously more complete
nrii_old
should just allow like stepmania, constant speeds or multipliers of the songs bpm
Topic Starter
haha5957
Scrolling speed wont effect the difficulty. I use speed 5 for 250 and above BPMs, but I had to use like speed 10 for bom 96 song.
Since scrolling speed is already managable it's not about difficult, I'm asking to just make the scrolling speed equal to maybe about 150BPM and let players apply their speec changes.
karma_komodo
What you are saying is that the starting bpm of the beatmap would be set as x1 speed, and when, in the middle of the beatmap, the bpm changes (for example, from 100 to 200) then multiply the speed by that factor (wich would be 2x), rigth? Then make 1x a speed set by the player BEFORE playing the beatmap. It may be also the same speed for all beatmaps, so you wouldnt have to bother about setting the right speed in every beatmap. Which is a good idea :)

I support it
crystalsuicune
Ehhh speed modifiers (HS1.0,1.5,2.0,whatever) like in IIDX or PnM would work
Preferrably with IIDX's (can modify scrolling speed while playing)
abraker
Wasn't this implemented like about year ago?
IamBaum

abraker wrote:

Yes this was implemented but i think you missed something, the last message was 3 years ago :)
abraker

IamBaum wrote:

abraker wrote:

Yes this was implemented but i think you missed something, the last message was 3 years ago :)
I actually necro'd several old requests that need to be moved to completed requests. Also, it's perfectly fine to necro a 6 year old request, for example, if you support it.