forum

Eric Prydz - Pjanoo

posted
Total Posts
show more
lepidopodus
Oh, well... I made this one anyway but seems it isn't that good with my standard... *sigh*
Music itself is pretty nice but It has repetitive and unique beat... well don't expect to much about this one
Oni lvl. 7, maybe? So it's mildly hard. But remember, Oni itself is pretty hard for the beginners.
And I think timing isn't perfect... did you tryed garven's timing? I think his timing is pretty nice.
(If you change timing, don't forget to snap all notes to 1/4 & 'snap' uninheritted timing sections...)

Download: Eric Prydz - Pjanoo (SonicArena1) [lepidon! - Taiko Oni].osu
Niva
BPM :126.002 , offset... maybe 614? I'm not sure... Fix this first, and I'll do the mod for all diffs.
Don't forget to resnap all notes (Timing -> Timing Setup -> Snap To New Timing)
Edit : After resnapping notes, don't forget to move the notes which sounds too lately (such as 01:14:541 (2) in Normal) and so on 1/4 earlier.
Edit2 : Star.... OK
Edit3 : Rather than modding, I'll just give suggestions and tips for this one.

- I found there's two timing points needed: First, BPM 126, offset 614. Second, BPM 126, offset 59061. Fix this! Wrongly timed beatmap are very frustrating to play. (only checked this on Normal though, haven't checked this timing on other diffs)
- Is Now Thats What I Call Music 71" the album name? If so, Source field is not for album name.
- Remove "Pjanoo Eric Prydz" from the tags, because they already belong to the artist and song title. Tags are for adding more strings while searching beatmaps.
- Why the combo colors are all white? Never use the same combo color all the song. Players would confuse where the new combo is if the combo colors remain the same.
- Constant change of spacing on Normal is bad. I suggest to remap your Normal, but don't turn off your Distance Snap.
- Use patterns to make your beatmap more intuitive and beautiful to see. Don't just place a circle at a random place and shape sliders abstractly.
- Dragvon's diff is much better than Normal, but unfortunately the timing is still wrong. However, this is just a tiny mod - 01:16:628 (5) and 01:17:105 (6) - I think it's better to stack with 01:16:151 (4) and before.
Topic Starter
Sonic Fumes
star pls
TheVileOne
Normal is in sore shape. This song doesn't have the greatest beat. I'm not sure I can do much just yet.

Edit:I'll make suggestions in this post.

Preview sounds good her for my easy mode.

Use BPM 126 Offset = 22,989

It works a lot better with the beat. Also that coincides with my preview point to so you know you're starting on a long white tick.

00:22:955 - Maybe you will find this place good to start the song to. I know the normal notes start around 30 seconds, but this is the point where the main beat starts becoming robust and clear.
AdRon Zh3Ro
Offset 150
BPM 126
lepidopodus
DO NOT MODIFY THE GUEST DIFF UNLESS THE MAPPER SAID YOU CAN DO THAT

Seriously, that's not good. You CAN suggest something, but you modified it without my checkings, it's just not right
And If you made it better, I think it would be OK but I don't think so, so just undo your modifications
(Even using Big notes at 1/4 stream? that's no good)

EDIT: Timing fixed with original one. PM me If you want suggest something or just exclude my diff If you don't want to do that

Download: Eric Prydz - Pjanoo (SonicArena1) [lepidon! - Taiko Oni].osu
Topic Starter
Sonic Fumes
remember, this is an ONI, not an easy taiko diff, you want t get the player mixed up.
Fight69
Ohai :)

General :

Delete "osu" and "Pjanoo" from the Tags, Pjanoo is already in the Title, and osu...is the name of the game ! xD

Offset : 30635
Set it for every diff

Set the Preview Point at the same place on every diff

~Normal~

You should call it "Easy"

You must use Distance Snap, it's boring I know, but it's very important
Replace every circle with Distance Snap On

Add timing point at 02:32:65 to stop Kiai Time

~Drag's Insane~

Cercle Size : -2

01:15:666 (3) - 1 grid right (lvl 3)
01:16:143 (4) - 1 grid right (lvl 3)
01:16:620 (5) - 1 grid left (lvl 3)

Timing points :

00:30:60 4/4 600,00 BPM N -Delete (600 ?! O.o)
00:39:18 4/4 1x BPM N -Delete
00:40:14 4/4 2x BPM N -Delete
00:41:09 4/4 1x BPM N -Delete
01:01:12 4/4 1x BPM N -Delete
01:01:12 4/4 2x BPM N -Delete
01:08:75 4/4 125,80 BPM -Change it with : 01:08:75 4/4 1x BPM N
01:14:95 4/4 1x BPM N -Delete
01:14:95 4/4 1x BPM N -Delete

Nice diff

~Star
Don't forget to set same Offset for every diff

And dont forget to give me a Kudosu ! :D

(Sorry for my bad english...)
Card N'FoRcE
- General:
  • Timing must be fixed as i wrote in every difficulty.
    Why "osu" in the tags? O.o
- Easy:
  • .Errors/Mistakes:
    Remove the first timing section (600BPM), then change the offset from 30635 to 160 in the other section.
    So move everything 1/8 later (Edit - Select All, then drag the first (1) to the white tick). After that Resnap all Notes, then check carefully the whole map and fix everything that doesn't match (especially from 01:45:992 (13)).
    About the map itself: the rhythm is good but beat placement is not as good. I think it's mostly playable but it's also really ugly to look at. Try placing the beats in a more "tidy" way.
- lepidon's taiko:
  • .Opinions:
    I don't really know how to mod taiko diffs, but i had a llok at auto playing it and it seemed fine ^^
- Drag's Insane:
  • .Opinions:
    Why only white as Custom Colour? O.o
    It seems you used 1/4 beat snap divisor (and it was ok) but why does the map have 1/6 as default? o.o
    Are you going to keep mapping it? You chose a weird moment to end the map.
    .Suggestions:
    00:40:143 (1,2) - readable "jump" but it doesn't fit in the map, imho
    .Errors/Mistakes:
    Why is the BG storyboarded? Just replace the other one instead of making an unstable SB :P
    Use BPM 126 and Offset 160 as Timing! You don't need any other red timing sections.
    Timing - Resnap All Notes!
    You'll have to check the map after changing the timing.
The most urgent thing to fix is the timing.
The please re-place beats in Easy and try giving them a bit of shape: that' ll make the map way more interesting and fun to play.
lepidopodus
If you don't want to change my diff to original one, just exclude that. that's not my style.

(and there are right and wrong ways to make map difficult. And as I was given 1 kudosu for my diff, I can't get any kudosu. I think BAT will deny one of my kudosu)
Topic Starter
Sonic Fumes
k, normal diff now, i guess
tvtv8666
Hola
Topic Starter
Sonic Fumes
OK, Easy has had its timin fixed.
Now i am trying to make Hard, but i am having some difficulties.
:)
lepidopodus
banvi
Hello! :)
I'm not a good modder. :P

Easy
resnap please.Notes is outside the lines.
(Please check "snap to new timing" in timing setup panel. )
There are many spacing miss in this map... :o
You should use distance snap.
Please using AIMod , this fix.
That way, you will have a stable sense of distance.
And I think , combo of the long
00:44:801 (7) new combo?
01:06:825 (6) ^
01:06:825 (6) ^
01:20:634 (6) ^

Insane
jumps and rhythm is good, but this map is also many spacing miss.
Use AIMod and distance snap please.
That way, I think thismap will be better and more beautiful.

Good luck! ;)
awp

banvi wrote:

Hello! :)
I'm not a good modder. :P
Experience shall be your teacher.

As stated, SonicArena1, you are only supposed to give kd to useful mod posts, not to everyone who posts in your thread. I've had to revoke a good half-dozen, at least. This is a nuisance.
TheVileOne
For future modders of Drag's Insane, the Distance Snap for the intro is 1.6

General

Drag's Insane is rated less than hard mode.

Drag's Insane

The dark blue notes blend into the background.

Resnap notes to 1/6th. (Check AIMod)
(Note that I will be modding in accordance to already snapped notes.)

00:37:302 (10,11,12) - This is so awkward. It was alright when you had the spaced out beats but halving those beats and reversing the pattern back to the source note just plays awkward. Maybe reduce distance to improve playability or just remove note 11. I think I figured out why. Note 11 belongs here 00:37:620 - .

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10527 This is the proper spacing for these notes. Also I managed to make a smooth configuration. However the leap into note 11 is still awkward for me. (Note: This is just a rough placement of the notes applied with distance snap. The notes after it are not distanced properly from the end of note 12.)

00:40:159 (1,2,3,4,5) - Ugh. Spacing nightmare. I don't think this plays well at all. Notes 1 and 2 need to be straightened. I don't think the spacing fits the rhythm all that well. The anti-jump is hard to recognize since it's in the same combo. Notes 4 and 5 are not spaced the same as notes 2 and 3.

00:52:540 (5) - End this slider here 00:52:779 -

01:15:189 (2,3,4,5,6) - Stack is broken here. Fix this.

Hard

Snap notes to 1/6th. All beats can fit on one beat snap.

This will create a lot of spacing issues. Recheck all notes after this.

Use proper distance snap throughout the map. All your notes seem to lack patterns and are crammed together is formless clumps of notes. It's confusing and is really unplayable. I suggest that a majority of the map be completely remapped to follow a pattern. I wont mention a lot of the problematic combos because there are so many of them.

There are also a lot of misshapen combos that ugly the map. Make these things look nicer and more conformal.

Example: 00:30:620 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) -

00:33:001 (1,2,3,4,5) -

00:35:858 (1,2,3,4,5) - Don't stack notes like this.

00:35:874 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18) - Combos don't need to go that high. Divide the larger patterns into small ones so that combo numbers are kept down.

00:46:810 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - Spacing is off due to notes not snapped.

00:53:255 (1) - Slider is hidden by the previous note. Unrankable. The fact that it reverses is also unrankable. You can't hide the slider end of a reverser.

01:44:909 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - One of the very many confusing parts of your map. Find the rhythm and space it out how you think it should flow.

Gah this is not any better than your old normal mode.

I'm not good at modding taiko. Sorry.

I can't help you any more until everything has been remapped into a readable pattern. You got a lot of work still to do.
Topic Starter
Sonic Fumes
Please ask Dragvon to re-make his diff.
Topic Starter
Sonic Fumes
Lol
MODMODMOD
Mianki
Hard:

Agreed what TheVileOne said about your distance snapping: "Use proper distance snap throughout the map. All your notes seem to lack patterns and are crammed together is formless clumps of notes. It's confusing and is really unplayable."
You just gotta distance snap the whole map. Shouldn't be that hard right? And I dunno how to mod taiko, sry ^^'
I'll check this again and star it when you have distance snapped it again, ok?. Follow TheVileOne's direction and advices and this should be playable map ^^
Neo128740
OMG, it was only hard! X/ (i did on hard :3 )
Mianki
00:30:634 (1.2.3.4.5) These looked good. Now do that same distance snapping to the whole map :D
Topic Starter
Sonic Fumes
star?
Mianki
Alright looks playable, still some problems though. But now I can mod it ^^. BUT before you start looking at my mod, Resnap All Notes on Beat Snap Divisor 1/6.

Hard:

00:32:539 (8) New combo
00:32:777 Add a note here
00:33:915 Remove new combo
00:40:396 (7.8) Suggestion: remove these circles and replace the with a slider
00:43:968 (8) New combo
00:47:222 (3) Move this a tick forward
00:48:492 (7) Distance snap. If you wanna make a jump, do it between circle 7 and circle 1
00:49:206 (3) Distance snap
00:51:269 move this a tick forward and do the same to the following circle
00:53:015 Remove new combo and from the following slider. And distance snap.
00:53:986 New combo
00:55:873 Distance snap this and rest of the circles and slider till spinner
01:04:920 (9) New combo
01:05:793 (5.6) move these a tick forward and distance snap
01:12:301 (4.5.6) move only note 4 a tick forward and distance snap all
01:18:253 (9) New combo
01:20:386 (9) Distance snap
01:22:539 (9) New combo
01:23:730 (6) Distance snap
01:43:015 (13) New combo
01:43:412 (3) move this a tick forward
01:43:986 (1) remove new combo
01:44:365 (7) move this a tick forward and distance snap
01:47:698 (11) move this slider a tick forward
01:50:873 (12) New combo
01:51:825 (1) Remove new combo
01:53:492 (1) Remove new combo
01:53:730 (1) Remove new combo. And the circles here seems too crammed. Try spreading them out
01:56:111 (8) Move this a tick forward and distance snap
01:59:444 (1) Rewmove new combo
02:00:158 (5) Distance snap rest of the notes and remove new combo from the last circle
02:03:015 (1) Remove new combo
02:03:968 New combo
02:07:777 (9) New combo
02:09:206 (2.3.4.5) Move all these a tick forward
02:15:396 New combo
02:19:206 New combo
02:21:329 Remove this timing point here, it's not in any kind of use
02:23:471 New combo
02:24:662 Why do you have these 4 timing points here? Remove them. And when you've removed them, resnap all notes.
From this point on, you should distance snap all of the circles again, except somewhere around here 02:25.396 are the 2.3.4.5 notes.

After you've finished my mod, I'll give you the star :D.
Topic Starter
Sonic Fumes
OMFG, you are 8 years older than me :D
Mianki
OMFG, you're 8 years younger than me?!?!
Here's your star~
Doomsday
Okay then. I guess you're new to mapping, so I guess I should give you a few pointers:

First up. the timing is wrong. I got BPM: 126, Offset: 23.026. don't forget to hit "Resnap All Notes" when you do this, even though I think you will have to move some beats on the timeline manually to get them where you want them

Also, remove Eric Prydz from the Tags, since its already in the artist.

1. Distance Snap is your friend. You've used it through most of the song, but there are quite a few instances where the spacing is a bit dodgy, little bits like at 01:06:001, 00:48:898, 00:55:326 etc. They're only minor, but they can throw people off since they are focusing on the current spacing. Something like this can mess them up, me included. I would turn distance snap on, and simply move the beats. It will snap to the correct spacing and as such, should be more playable. It many not be wise to rely on it all the time, but keping it on most of the time should keep the spacing consistent.

2. Try experimenting with different patterns. Most of the map is just streams of beats, one after the other. This gets old pretty fast. Making different patterns throughout and being imaginative can make a map much more interesting, and usually, more fun to play. Losten to the song, and listen to where you could put beats/sliders down, and just experiment, and see what works well. Trust me.

Also, you should make a Normal, and maybe even an Easy. Just keep these 2 ^ in mind and you can't go far wrong.

Song is awesome btw ;)
Topic Starter
Sonic Fumes
Im asking around for a guest diff, but no-one seems to bother.
Teras
Is this song from a movie? If not. Remove the source and put it in the tags. Go.

Also, I have 3 guest diffs already that I need to get ranked. So I won't make a diff for you. Soz. :-/
Topic Starter
Sonic Fumes
This isnt a movie, this is Now 71. (music album)
Too bad you cant make diff. Other people cant.
Teras

SonicArena1 wrote:

This isnt a movie, this is Now 71. (music album)
Music albums doesn't belong to the source anymore.. Delete it and put it in the tags.
Topic Starter
Sonic Fumes
:¬D
Teras

SonicArena1 wrote:

Your signature? About the diffs?
I've already told you about that.. I can't.
Topic Starter
Sonic Fumes
SonicArena1 is bored
Agnes
I'm gonna keep calm about this. Like Doomsday said, you're probably new to mapping. I will not give you a star until you actually fix this.

[General]

I'm not good at timing, but it might be off. I'd suggest looking at the people who gave BPM/offsets for you to try in their other posts.

[Hard]

This... needs to be remapped. Use Distance Snap. It's your best friend and it'll make the map look MUCH nicer. I promise you.

[EDIT] Apparently, you may have not been paying attention to the mods that were given to you before. Make some changes. Mods are supposed to help you, not to just let them post, they star your map, and you give them kudosus. This is why I hate people.
AdRon Zh3Ro
Offset:160

Agnes said everything, remap all and make easier diffs.
Topic Starter
Sonic Fumes
I used AIMod in bakewell and everything good except it lied to me about the Distance Snapping.
Ultimate
Ok Sonic_Fumes,

I haven't read the posts before, but I think you've heard this before.
I can't mod this map, it has too many errors and it's nowhere near done. Wich means you have to rebuild a map that
qualifies for rank or approval.

First of all, you really need to change the stuff people advice you to change,, posting rest later gonna get some sleep first. I'll give you my (alpha version) beatmap tutorial for now: Download: Picture tutorial by Ultimate.pdf
Fight69
Beuchi
Uhh... let's fo this...

~All Diffs~
- First of all, I get 2 different maps when I download this, the new one with your new username and one with your old username: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/22598 + http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/22599. Also there are a lot of unused files on the folder so please delete these files and make a Full Submit when you update the map next time:
  1. Eric Prydz - Pjanoo (Sonic Fumes).osb
  2. Eric Prydz - Pjanoo (SonicArena1) [Hard].osu
  3. Eric Prydz - Pjanoo (SonicArena1) [lepidon! - Taiko Oni].osu
  4. Eric Prydz - Pjanoo (SonicArena1).osb
  5. nd8rqq.png
  6. nveame.png
  7. rsz_617465183454.png
  8. SB and Beatmap.png
  9. taikotime-banner.png
  10. white.png
- Every diff must have the same timing. Hard has a timing section at the end of the map and Fight69's diff has a different offset, I'd use lepidopodus' timing so fix this, please.
- You need an easier diff at least of 3 stars or less to get this map ranked.

~Hard~
- No offense, but I recommend you to remap this :/ The map is so so simple and plain and there are still spacing errors. Use more sliders, patterns, some little streams, take examples from other maps and be creative to use some cool patterns on your map!! :3
- By the way, the map needs a resnap, half of the notes doesn't fall on a tick.

~Fight69's Hard~
- Offset is different here, please use the same offset as lepidopodus' diff.

01:39:216 (1,2,3,4) - Stack the endpoints.

~lepidon! Taiko Oni~
- Pretty repetitive, but the song itself is so repetitive so there isn't so much for variations XD

Uhhh yeah... This still needs a lot of work :/
Good Luck~
show more