forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
try24get

Haskorion wrote:

You can't. Both modes use it.
And to other people suggesting making it like the old day "taiko" skin: This won't solve the problem in this scenario.
well, I guess I will make it transparent instead. Thanks
- Anima -
This has been probably asked before, but what are the file names for an animated back button? :?
Haskorion

- Anima - wrote:

This has been probably asked before, but what are the file names for an animated back button? :?
menu-back-n.png.
Replace the "n" with numbers, but start with "0" on the first image (menu-back-0.png, menu-back-1.png. menu-back-2.png, etc.)
OsuMe65

Haskorion wrote:

- Anima - wrote:

menu-back-n.png.
Replace the "n" with numbers, but start with "0" on the first image (menu-back-0.png, menu-back-1.png. menu-back-2.png, etc.)
You can go up to 100+ if you like lol
provided that the first number is "0"
- Anima -

Haskorion wrote:

- Anima - wrote:

menu-back-n.png.
Thanks! It's working great! My Zexion x Demyx skin project is running smoothly <3
Branford
Hello, i've got a problem with my SliderBorder. :3
Even when i change it, the color doesn't change. For example, I tried with 255 182 193 but it's still white all the time. :s
Can someone help me please ? ^^
Rio-

Branford wrote:

Even when i change it, the color doesn't change. For example, I tried with 255 182 193 but it's still white all the time. :s
SliderBorder: 255,182,193
?
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Branford wrote:

Make sure you don't have "//" in front of it.
Branford

Rio- wrote:

Branford wrote:

SliderBorder: 255,182,193
?
Oh. I've just figured out that I forgot the commas between the numbers... >///<
Thank you very much. ^^
- Flutter -
I guess I could help you with some parts in CtB, I'd be free to do that. If you want me to, just send me a pm on the website or ingame or wherever else you would like to.
Deykz
How do I get one circle on the slider? Only this the circle that has the number
Thanks
hiandbye
So the wiki says play-warningarrow.png (the arrow at the end of a break and in the pause menu) is skinnable in a beatmap
(https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning#Interface ; in the Playfield section) but I couldn't get it to work. Did I do something wrong or is the wiki incorrect?
Haskorion
The wiki is incorrect.

In this list should be the most recent stuff that works for beatmap skins and other things.
OsuMe65

Haskorion wrote:

The wiki is incorrect not updated.

In this list should be the most recent stuff that works for beatmap skins and other things.
Reyvateil
So, apparently they changed the default key overlay font color to black. Is this changeable?
mariojudah
Thank you! Really helpful
god0fcake
Hello all!

I split up a gif and made it transparent to use as a back button gif in-game and it ended up being 28 frames. When it plays in game, the speed is a bit fast for my taste. Is there a way to slow down the animation without reducing the amount of frames?

Thanks!
-god0fcake
irrlux

god0fcake wrote:

Hello all!

I split up a gif and made it transparent to use as a back button gif in-game and it ended up being 28 frames. When it plays in game, the speed is a bit fast for my taste. Is there a way to slow down the animation without reducing the amount of frames?

Thanks!
-god0fcake
Try messing around with "AnimationFramerate" in skin.ini. Keep in mind: changing the value affects other animations as well.
dws123

god0fcake wrote:

Hello all!

Thanks!
-god0fcake
well, if you want to slow it down but don't wanna reduce the number of frames,
you can always just increase the frames actually, like making the -0.png into -0 until -2.png
it slows down the speed iirc
efdu_DELETED
When I add it to osu! nothing happens. It just gets deleted. This happens with all skins I install as well.
a1l2d3r4e5d6

efdu wrote:

When I add it to osu! nothing happens. It just gets deleted. This happens with all skins I install as well.
You mean the skin?
How do you add the skin, .osk or .zip/.rar file?
Have you tried restarting the client after installing the skin?
.osk just requires you to double click the file to install into your game.
.zip/.rar requires you to extract the files and add it to the osu! folder saved in your program files.
[-Aphobias-]
Hey, so i've been trying to look around for some solutions and can't find any. But i'm having a problem with my default numbers being off centered and not being close enough together when they get into the double digits. I've tried to just move the numbers in the image over. I also tried to adjust the HitCircleOverlap in the .skin file but neither seemed to be having any effect. here's a screenshot of what i mean.
efdu_DELETED

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

efdu wrote:

You mean the skin?
How do you add the skin, .osk or .zip/.rar file?
Have you tried restarting the client after installing the skin?
.osk just requires you to double click the file to install into your game.
.zip/.rar requires you to extract the files and add it to the osu! folder saved in your program files.
I was using .osk but it required me to extract it anyway. I resolved the issue now so it's fine.
Fatal3ty

[-Aphobias-] wrote:

Hey, so i've been trying to look around for some solutions and can't find any. But i'm having a problem with my default numbers being off centered and not being close enough together when they get into the double digits. I've tried to just move the numbers in the image over. I also tried to adjust the HitCircleOverlap in the .skin file but neither seemed to be having any effect. here's a screenshot of what i mean.
Normally HitCircleOverlap always works. Are you sure that in skin.ini has not a typo or double entry? Your picture but looks ok. :)
xMutsurini
I maked a Skin but i don't see my Combo please help. qwq
Underforest
Nice tutorial, I will try to do one :)
dws123

xMutsurini wrote:

I maked a Skin but i don't see my Combo please help. qwq
combo as in the number at the bottom or the comboburst?
define combo please
DarshPlays
Hey guys im trying to make my skin and i want one of my pictures to light up while you spin. So because this i was under the impression i label it spinner-metre however when i do that it doesnt show but when i label it spinner-background it shows perfectly but it doesnt light up any help? Thanks!
Skrubba
So i editing my own skin. I always feel like its complete then i find a good skin and i take components of tha skin xD. Anyways in my skin, i need help with the background button thingy. The one that shows behind the songs and behind the rankings. The songs picture doesnt show up. The other skins shiws it fine but my skin never does no matter what skin i take the component from.
screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8PTac ... duWE0/view
[ Erika ]
Will continue with it :) thanks
Slumber
When I place the image I want to be the background in the beatmap editor, It makes the picture I placed in black and white and have a thin gray grid on it. How do I fix this?:(
Fatal3ty

CookieMasherz wrote:

So i editing my own skin. I always feel like its complete then i find a good skin and i take components of tha skin xD. Anyways in my skin, i need help with the background button thingy. The one that shows behind the songs and behind the rankings. The songs picture doesnt show up. The other skins shiws it fine but my skin never does no matter what skin i take the component from.
screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8PTac ... duWE0/view
Open this Skin.ini and find this Line and Change to:

Version: 2.2 or highter
diciestaking
How would I remove the approach circle changing color affect? I seems to do so based on the different strings (combos) of notes.
Louise Louisa
I will trying ..
Framzo
Hey there, i have a small issue that is rather infuriating going on with my skin, i use the same picture for the pause and fail background, with the exact same size for both (corresponding exactly to my resolution and i play fullscreen) despite that the pause menu is cut on the side while the fail background is just fine anyway why this is happening despite the both image being the exact same and corresponding to my osu res
Teufelsrose
i have a questeion: how can i make a spinner metre in my skin?
DIYDamian
I'm working on a skin right now, but some elements don't work. I've edited the 300 300k and 300g files (both normal and @2x sizes) but it just shows up as normal. Plz halp!
Deimos

DIYDamian wrote:

I'm working on a skin right now, but some elements don't work. I've edited the 300 300k and 300g files (both normal and @2x sizes) but it just shows up as normal. Plz halp!
correct file format? it needs to be .png
"ignore all beatmap skins" in the options enabled?
Olari
How can i make the numbers in my key overlay be white instead of black, I tried adding InputOverlay: 255,255,255 but nothing happened.
Deimos

Olari wrote:

How can i make the numbers in my key overlay be white instead of black, I tried adding InputOverlay: 255,255,255 but nothing happened.
InputOverlayText

not InputOverlay
show more