forum

[duplicate] Beginners World Cup

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Amuchi
I had a great idea that a beginners cup should be created.
It would be just like the normal world cup except it would have easier songs depending on all of the chosen players playing in the beginners world cup.
It wouldn't be anything too easy, even though it is a beginners cup in my view 'beginners' means people that if they work hard enough from their already quite high level of Osu!, they can achieve big and maybe one day participate in the real world cup.
There would be a beginners world cup for every game mode, just like the normal world cup.
I think that you could even add age groups, as Osu! is suitable for all ages, and everyone should get a chance to shine. Or instead of age groups, in the country team you could have one person from each age group, to mix things up a bit.
Certain people that are too 'good at Osu!' for the beginners world cup would not be able to enter the beginners world cup, but they would be able to enter the normal world cup.
Beginners world cup could be allowed to use mods, depending on how the players feel with using them.
The songs played could be of any length and could be sung in any language. I'm not sure if all played maps have to be ranked, but I suppose they should/could be.
The beginners map could have people as young as 13 playing in it, and therefore the time of the beginners world cup should be set to a time everyone can attend, for instance it could be during a school term, but it could be after school, after college ext.
All players must follow the Osu! rules, because you have to, right?
Every person that has entered/sumitted their entry for the beginners world cup and has been approved, can drop out if they wish, but they cant drop out a week before the tournament+, and their team would just have one less player if they didn't turn up on the day.
Any item can be used to play Osu!, tablet for regular Osu!, mouse, z+x, and for Osu! mania your four+ keys bindings can be changed as can z+x, but they must notify the staff about this, or people could get suspicious ext.
Mods such as no-fail,easy and half time are banned during the beginners world cup.
And finally let's throw in something funny to mix with the seriousness: All parents of entrants that still have annoying parents living with them, are not allowed to bother their kids while they play!
Now I've gone through everything, I would like to say, even if this is never approved, (the most likely scenario) and if the staff read it, (I doubt it) I would like to say thank you to everyone reading this, and everyone commenting, and also everyone considering this idea as a good one to put into the amazing world of Osu!
Karuta-_old_1
while it seems like a bright idea to encourage people to improve, don't you think beginner is too early?
and it helps if you specify what rank is involved as well as the difficulty of the beatmaps

And hosting a beginner match can be relatively boring

I forgot where the quote is but
To be able to play properly
1 star = 2 hours
2 star = 2 days
3 star = 2 weeks
4 star = 2 months
5 star = 2 years

I think there are some tournaments that allow people around 40k and below to participate in
Currently there are barely any tournament for other modes but hopefully things will change in the future

And yeah I actually tell my parents to clear the timeslot for me when I am playing a tournament
Mahogany

Karuta- wrote:

I forgot where the quote is but
The quote is
You spend a day on easies
A week on normals
A month on hards
A year on insanes

© Momiji™
Bauxe
Very few people have any interest in watching anything but the 'best' players, that's just how it is.

There are plenty of tournaments for lower ranks created by other users, but there won't ever be an official tournament for low ranks I don't believe.

(also this has been requested before)
Shohei Ohtani

you can make this you know. It doesn't have to be official to be a tournament.

Also, age bracket would be fucking stupid. CookieZi was about 14 when he was active, and the current #1 player is 17, and many of them have been sitting that high for at least a year, sometimes more.

Also, you need to have a sort of way of identifying who is a "beginner". I currently have no rank in osu! because I haven't played in forever. Am I a beginner then?
drum drum

Bauxe wrote:

(also this has been requested before)
one of the many