forum

[resolved] Invalid characters?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Remilia]
Problem Details:
Was thinking about changing my name to one that has the character "~" in it but it says I can't because that is an invalid character. Shortly after reading this, I saw a user with those characters in their name. Is there a reason that this user was allowed to use it?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Topic Starter
[Remilia]
Also, I didn't include a picture because I'm not sure if posting another user's profile is allowed.
Trosk-
That character is not valid. The characters valid Numbers "0-9", letters "A-Z", "_", "-", "[]" and spaces. I think I didn't forget nothing.

And please, do not make double posts. Use the edit button instead.
Topic Starter
[Remilia]
So how is it that a user is able to have this? Was just curious to find out the reason.
Trosk-

MasterRiku wrote:

So how is it that a user is able to have this? Was just curious to find out the reason.
Could you link it?
Topic Starter
[Remilia]
Trosk-
Well... I think it's the first time I see this. I don't know what happened there, but it is an invalid character.
Topic Starter
[Remilia]
Well if it was a mistake then there's nothing we can do about it. I was just wondering what the reason was.
Trosk-

MasterRiku wrote:

Well if it was a mistake then there's nothing we can do about it. I was just wondering what the reason was.
Let's wait for someone to confirm this, but like I said earlier, I think it's the first time I see this. It could be probably an error.
Topic Starter
[Remilia]
Well that's disappointing. Alright well thank you. I'm sure I'll think of another name.
Bara-
He's the only one whose name starts with a ~
Press ~ and look at all appearing names, and it's the only one appearing
VeilStar
It's possible that ~ wasn't considered an invalid character when that person created his account.
Kind of like this guy having a 20-character username.
You'll have to live with the current username restrictions though.