forum

What are your (so far)favorite next-gen video games?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Savage-
Hello! I just wanted to ask you guys a quick question:
"So far, from 2014 to July of 2015, what are your favorite next-gen video games that have either been announced, or released? It can be for XBox One, PlayStation 4, PC, anything really. If you're wondering what mine are, then mine so far, are ARK: Survival Evolved(YOU CAN TAME A FUCKING DINOSAUR!), Destiny(because it's addicting, plus #TakenKingDLCHYPE), Far Cry 4(I really enjoyed this one), MKX(Because it's fun ripping out a person's heart in Mortal Kombat, ye know?), and Halo 5: Guardians(This one hasn't been released yet, but I love Halo so yeah.)(Oh and also, I forgot to add "For Honor" on the list, because that game looks cool too.)

Let the commenting COMMENCE!
LoliPantsu
Im so exited f0r minecraft omg it looks so kool and u can kill zombies omggg!!! if only my graphics card could run it :c

I was actually hyped for ARK and I just got it a few days ago, the graphics look amazing and I heard pvp servers get pretty intense.
Topic Starter
-Savage-
Yeah things do get intense when you're on a PVP server, I mean, you have to collect artifacts in order to summon the boss that's currently in the game(The dragon and the other bosses will be added in the future, but right now, we have the Broodmother, a bigass spider thing). Usually, when you get an artifact, you're like an automatic target to other players and they raid your base, take your shit, move on. Oh, and also, YOU CAN TAME FUCKING MEGALODONS AND SHIT! :D Also, you need a really good GPU to run it since the optimization for the game is kind of bad atm but I can fix that shet for you. Here's the process:

STEP 1. Find ARK: Survival Evolved in your Steam library
STEP 2. Click Properties.
STEP 3. Make sure you're on the "General" tab
STEP 4. Click "Set Launch Options"
STEP 5. Copy/Paste the three following codes: -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4 -d3d11
STEP 6. Click OK
STEP 7. Launch the game.
STEP 8. Enjoy!
Friendan
There aren't a lot of good games this generation, mostly "cinematic experiences", HD ports, and open world survival crafting zombie MMO with a focus on player interaction.
So far though, I think SSB4 and Splatoon are the best. They aren't perfect, but they're better than most games out right now.
Topic Starter
-Savage-
Yeah, I have to agree with you on that one, but do not worry! Eventually, all of the good games might start coming either late 2015 or early 2016 :P
Setsuna
Batman Arkham Knight for solo and Skyforge for MMO :)
Stefan
Pokemon Omega Ruby, console games currently looks either crap or bad or are just overrated as shit. And I mean overrated, not that it's a bad thing in general but some games such as Splatoon or Destiny are highly overrated imo.
DeletedUser_3905941
Well Splatoon is overrated to some extent but it's by far a great game (from what I've played anyway) and destiny was absolute shit.
Seems like the only company that's actually producing good quality *next-gen* titles are Nintendo.
31Gabe
I am liking GUILTY GEAR Xrd so far. I am impressed with the inclusion of the Hell Fire system and the use of cutscenes on Heavy Slash Super Combos. The cel-shaded 3D art direction was a step ahead, and several characters got cool-looking redesigns, like Ky Kiske with long hair.