forum

Re: Customising the countdown

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Edit: Just noticed that I have the first post now, and that some links post to this as a resource, so I'll just attach the official countdown template, as found in the template skin.

The sound files match the images' filenames, but with an S at the end, so:

Readys.wav
count3s.wav
count2s.wav
count1s.wav
gos.wav

Also, make sure that, when you upload your beatmap, you say no when it asks if you want to delete unused files.

eirrol
eirrol
Why is nobody looking...
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
There are only a handful of active skinners in this community, really.
devkit4384
nice LuigiHann another great sprite
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
I'm pretty sure that the submission system treats these images as "unused files" and will delete them if you let it :(
anonymous_old
This should be pretty useful , thanks
Darkuser_old
So, with this we can make our own countdowns? When I want a faster 3,2,1 go, I can do this?
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Darkuser wrote:

So, with this we can make our own countdowns? When I want a faster 3,2,1 go, I can do this?
That's not really what this is for, no. If you want it to be faster, select "double speed" for the countdown under the storyboarding tab in the song setup window.
Darkuser_old
Well, thing is, the double speed is like, to fast and the normal speed isn't even close to it

When Normal speed is like, 3-- 2-- 1-- go

and double speed is like, 3,2,1,go

I want mine to be, 3-,2-,1-,go.

Perhaps that'd be a good idea for the next version? Like with a sliderwith the speed instead of just 3 preset ones?
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
No, it's been discussed, and peppy is against it. The countdown is based on the BPM of the song, and it's important that it matches.
Ace of Trades

LuigiHann wrote:

No, it's been discussed, and peppy is against it. The countdown is based on the BPM of the song, and it's important that it matches.
This is true, but the count down should also be able to be in triplets as well as duplets. The half, double, normal count down applies only to duplet counts. Triplet set songs do exist and require a triplet count down. (This meaning that it is sitll 3,2,1 GO, but set to to the triplets of a bpm rather than the duplets of such) I only noticed this because I'm a crazy, obsessive-to-detail person, especially when it comes to music theory.

also

NECRO-POST! NECRO-POST! NECRO-POST! NECRO-POST! NECRO-POST!
(Hopefully that's not a problem...)
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Couldn't you just use a whole beat countdown on a triplet BPM? Then it wouldn't matter. In any case, situations like that are rare enough that I stand by my "suck it up and storyboard it, it's not that complicated" stance.
Ace of Trades
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
The storyboard editor isn't that hard to use, is it? I made a countdown from scratch in "Counting You Up."
Ace of Trades
I know it's not hard to use, but I want it to look like the original countdown. Cuz, for my hard/ insane, I start at a point were the normal count down works fine, but not in the medium/easy mode since I moved the starting point. If I don't make it look the the original, I will have to make it for the other 2. Which will be annoying since the preset one already works.
Justin_Aylsworth

LuigiHann wrote:

Edit: Just noticed that I have the first post now, and that some links post to this as a resource, so I'll just attach the official countdown template, as found in the template skin.

Readys.wav
count3s.wav
count2s.wav
count1s.wav
gos.wav

Also, make sure that, when you upload your beatmap, you say no when it asks if you want to delete unused files.
So..how do I get them on the beatmap..??
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
put them in the song's folder
cloud9001
Is there some special program you use to edit cretain skins? When I use paint, the images automatically turn into squares and whatever is meant to be transparent, like the combo burst, is an icon in a big black rectangle. Any advice? :?
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

cloud9001 wrote:

Is there some special program you use to edit cretain skins? When I use paint, the images automatically turn into squares and whatever is meant to be transparent, like the combo burst, is an icon in a big black rectangle. Any advice? :?
http://osu.ppy.sh/?p=faq&n=9&c=1

(You can't make a decent skin in MS Paint, sorry. You need something that can create transparent png files).
Try Paint.net or GIMP (google)
cloud9001
Oh. Thank 4 telling me! :lol: I'm new to this. :oops:
Shinde
Is there a way to set the layer order?

For example, in the attached picture, the penguin behind her foot is 'count1.' It automatically has count3 on top, then 2, 1. I wanted to set this layer ordering in reverse, since I couldn't put the 'count1' penguin any further left due to how the images are positioned automatically.

Also, the total countdown area should be 1024x767(8?) pixels in size I believe, after you subtract the transparent parts in the regular 3,2,1. Is it possible to have them stack rather than position them automatically? (Like, right now count3's left side goes on the left border of the screen, count2 goes 2/3 across the screen, and count1 goes 1/3 across the screen. You can't put anything further left than that given point for count2 and count1.) This would probably result in all 'count#' images being 1024x767 though, rather than the current 528/388/388 width for the 3,2,1 files.

Basically I'm asking if it's possible to set layer positioning and where the count# images go horizontally. (Or since I don't think it is, if it COULD be in the future/if this is a good idea.)

Maxemillian

eirrol wrote:

Here is a OUENDAN 2 theme one.
http://download.yousendit.com/87550C01103127C8
What are the odds of you making this one available again? I would love to have that countdown.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Maxemillian wrote:

eirrol wrote:

Here is a OUENDAN 2 theme one.
http://download.yousendit.com/87550C01103127C8
What are the odds of you making this one available again? I would love to have that countdown.
There's a whole Ouendan 2 skin in the updater, and a thread about it here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3993

Somebody in that thread posted a Cheer Girls countdown if you dig for it
Maxemillian
Much obliged for the quick reply. I just got the program for the fist time so I'm still getting to know it all. So far, all going well.
ogicu8abruok
what if i want a count off with more than four sounds, for example "four three two one go!" or what if i want a count off that doesn't have evenly spaced sounds, for example if i'm counting off something in 5/8? is there any way to do either of these things, even with storyboarding?
Kitsunemimi
You would have to disable the countdown and make the storyboard itself.
derFisch

Darkuser wrote:

Well, thing is, the double speed is like, to fast and the normal speed isn't even close to it

When Normal speed is like, 3-- 2-- 1-- go

and double speed is like, 3,2,1,go

I want mine to be, 3-,2-,1-,go.

Perhaps that'd be a good idea for the next version? Like with a sliderwith the speed instead of just 3 preset ones?
TOTAL necro post for this comment, but you could just set it to go off every measure and treat each beat like marks within that measure (although it could take hours to set the tempo that far).

You probably already came up with a solution for this already though, I should just keep my mouth shut. :|
Inuyashakun_old
:)

LuigiHann wrote:

Readys.wav
count3s.wav
count2s.wav
count1s.wav
gos.wav

Foxeh
Tottally gonna make an awesome skin now! :D
branxord
hey i know it's nothing related with this thing of 3 2 1 go...but i have to ask: when i put an image on the editor,and then play the map, the imge is like blurry,you can't see it very well :/ and i don't know how to do it right! please help me D: :shock:
NippoChan
Bad Horse :oops:
NippoChan
good sample
Ayesha Altugle
Please, do not bump old threads.