forum

Local multiplayer for 2+ monitors, big TVs or o!m and Taiko

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Alex311360
I had a idea about how local multiplayer could be implemented into osu!, with multiple methods.

1. Multi-monitor method
2 or more monitors must be hooked up to a single computer, along with 2 or more accessories to play (ex. 2 tablets and keyboards, 2 mice and keyboards, 2 touch screens, etc.).

Each player will have their own screen to play on, and not have to worry about other accessories.

2. Large TV method
Large TVs have large resolutions. This brought up this idea.

1 TV has to have a large size (5210x2880 or maybe something smaller?) for this to work. When in a multiplayer game, the screen is split. When in osu! mode, each player must move their cursor to a corner of the screen (1P moves his screen to top left, 2P moves cursor to top right, etc.), or 1 side if 2P. Gameplay works like normal but each player has their own side of the screen to play on.

3. Only certain modes method
Only a few modes can support this, and that's osu!mania and Taiko. Simply have osu!mania have multiple playfields (4K or less on smaller screens, on bigger screens, more keys depending on how large), and Taiko have the playfields lined up (like on Wii versions of the game).

This would be great to help people who prefer couch gaming, and would also be nifty in tournaments which have large projectors.

Does this seem like a good idea to anyone?

EDIT: Also thought that on large sized TVs or on 1 monitor, TAG mode could work, with different colored cursors for each combo.
Bara-
It already exists on O!M
It's the Co-Op mod
-Maus-

baraatje123 wrote:

It already exists on O!M
It's the Co-Op mod
Why don't people check if their suggestions are already implemented
Topic Starter
Alex311360

baraatje123 wrote:

It already exists on O!M
It's the Co-Op mod

Transformau5 wrote:

Why don't people check if their suggestions are already implemented
This isn't for Co-Op, it's just versus. Actual local multiplayer, like online multiplayer we have now.
abraker
I think you are trying to imagine on how to have a perfect party with osu! being the main event. I'll pass on the ridiculous requirements (large projectors, 4k TV's, etc). This is not meant to be a party game... is it?
FrzR
Most people play with one monitor only so I don't think this would make a huge impact when implemented.
-Maus-

abraker wrote:

This is not meant to be a party game... is it?
It actually would do good as one of them