forum

Inverse of Hidden Modifier

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
Before the space above hidden is taken (I'm guessing flashlight is below hidden, as LH said Flashlight is next to hidden now.), my idea is to have an exact inverse of the hidden mod. That is: Guide.

I don't really have a great name for it (Guide is a pretty stupid mod name), but it's pretty much a mod where a cursor appears a little to the top right of a note, slowly rises to the top right, then dives bottom left, into the near center of the note. For sliders, it'll do the exact thing, except follow the middle of the slider ball. The cursor smoothly runs around the screen, as do the early songs (the first three, I think?) in Ouendan/EBA on Easy/Breezin'.

There should also be a checkbox in Storyboarding in edit mode, to turn this on in a beatmap's difficulty (ex. LH's Walkie Talkie Man authentic). It will always appear (as in, you can't turn off Guide mod if set in the actual beatmap), except when you fiddle with it in edit mode, but by then, it'll not become a ranked copy. So it's unavoidable. Can't turn it off.

I guess you can have, like what, a 10% reduction in score multiplier? I want this to be the most minor mod as possible, but still be able to fit the job of "inverse of hidden". Also, if it's set as on in the beatmap, of course there'll be no reduction in score multiplier.

For the lulz, turn this on in WiW Impossible.

Prediction: peppy says useless.

EDIT: Changed title.
LuigiHann
Yeah, I've always been in favor of the symmetry of the mod selection screen, which is one of the reasons that flashlight mod irks me.

This would be a good inverse to the hidden mod. I agree with this post. I do wonder whether it'd be possible to go back and add it to WTM, but I guess that's up to peppy and sort of a "cross that bridge when we come to it" type of deal.