forum

NicoNico Chorus/ Kagamine Rin - Meltdown

posted
Total Posts
show more
Derekku

Magmabear wrote:

Why does it have to be capped at 14 million anyway? I mean, okay if Peppy made up that rule then that's fine, I can live with that. But it seems like it would be a big restriction on potential maps. But, whatever, that's fine. Won't question Peppy.
Scoring is polynomial, which means after a certain a point, the score will increase so tremendously that it HAS to be capped somewhere. Again, maps with very high scores will be switched to "Approved" status, but this map doesn't need to resort to that.

Magmabear wrote:

But it does go farther than 14 million. If you switch on the multiplier mods then it goes as far as 16 million. I'm not ever saying that anybody would be able to actually be able to accomplish something like that but, in theory, it goes farther than 14 million.
Obviously mods will increase it, but at a smaller, linear rate. Also, it's like you said; it's unlikely that a difficult map with a high score will be increased much more by mods.

Magmabear wrote:

The whistles.
Oh, alright I see that.
If that's the case... I'm not at all trying to be rude here or to sound like I'm being snobby or anything at all but... why am I talking to you? I was trying to talk to the person who made the map, SeymourLyon, and ask him politely if he could maybe change it so my ears don't bleed out everytime I play his map.
Besides the obvious fact that I have contributed to this map, I was giving you a general answer since Seymour probably won't see this for awhile. (As he's said multiple times to me, he's very lazy :P ) Plus, I believe he's said many times in the topic that he likes his hit sounds and most likely won't change them.

Magmabear wrote:

whistle rant
Did you try turning down hitsound volume in options like I suggested? >.>;

Magmabear wrote:

Again, I'm not trying to lash out against you or anything but I have yet to get a reply from SeymourLyon, which is what I came here for. k?
If you have any more inquiries, please switch to PMing Seymour or I so that we don't waste any more space in this topic. "k?" :P
Magmabear
Alright. that's fine.

I suppose that the score was capped after Marisa, huh?
Derekku

Magmabear wrote:

Alright. that's fine.

I suppose that the score was capped after Marisa, huh?
*checks Marisa's score*

alskdjfldksjf I never realized that it was so high. XD

Well, Marisa is an '07 map, but I assume that the cap was placed sometime after that. I'm too lazy right now to search the forums and try and find posts/topics about it, though.

[/offtopic]
Topic Starter
Lef

Magmabear wrote:

Again, I'm not trying to lash out against you or anything but I have yet to get a reply from SeymourLyon, which is what I came here for. k?
Im here. And I agree with Derekku_Chan.

I didnt read all the posts above (yes im lazy) but i already know what its about. I seen (hear :?) that my ingame hitsounds volume are quite quiet, dunno maybe because of my soundcard or something :| I have my ingame music volume at 1/2 and my hitsounds volume at full setting now but when I was mapping Im quite sure i was having it set at same settings so hitsounds can be quite too loud. I will change it later but i need some help with it because i dont know how loud hitsounds here should be. Also if you dont like loud hitsounds (i like them) then there is nice and slidy slider in your meaw options/audio called "Effect".

Btw. Playing 5 min map is pain for me. Also if i will make it longer it will exceed max points numer/end in a weird point if i will care about not exceeding max point number /meconfusedhimself@.@

Magmabear wrote:

Won't question Peppy.
*peppy.
Magmabear
>_>
<_<
... Can I contribute to the map and submit a difficulty?

Your reaction:

O_O
OMFGWTF NO WAY JOSE!!!
(Sends ICBMs to Mag's house and blows it up)
Topic Starter
Lef

Magmabear wrote:

Your reaction:

O_O
OMFGWTF NO WAY JOSE!!!
(Sends ICBMs to Mag's house and blows it up)
o.o We dont have any of these in our country... probably...

One more diffyculiteh? o.o Dunno somebody already PM'd me about that too and i said there is a lot diffs already but... I dont know. Anyways BATs / mods dont wanted to mod it even when there was less diffz and now nobody looks here anywayz (without random persons like me and you maybe). I will probably dont like too much diffs too but... i dont know o.o
Magmabear
I was just wondering.
Both of you guys said that you wouldn't want to play a 5 min beatmap, but I wanted to make one just to see if anybody who would want to play the whole song, they would have the option to.
The cap is around 13-14 right? I have it around 13,800,000. Would that pass or would it still be too high?
Again, I just wanted it to be an option. :roll:
Derekku
Mmm, the score seems fine, but another issue with the rankability of a map is the difficulty spread. There is one easy/normal diff and 4 hard/insane ones. It's really up to the BATs whether it's all okay. =x I guess go ahead and attach the diff so we can see what the difficulty is and the quality. o:
Magmabear
Ah. Well... The difficulty... well... I'd have to say that it's all over the map. On some parts it is really really easy and some parts are pretty hard. But I'll see what you think when you play it.

Um... when you play the map, you'll probably notice some changes in the speed of the sliders, spacing of the beats, etc. at different parts of the song. Well, that was kinda' intentional just to give it a little more flavor *head explodes* Well, actually because of several things.

Like I didn't exactly like the beat spacing even though I liked the speed of the sliders, so I spaced them (very carefully) myself.

Like for example:

1st verse:
Used catmull-rom curves for the sliders.
Spacing is about to where each beat is just baaaaarely touching each other, at least until the chorus where I space it out (again, very carefully) farther apart, but shorter than the distance snap's spacing.

2nd verse:
I halved the BPM so the sliders would go half the speed (please don't ask me why (^_^;) <-- heheheh...)
Used linear curves for the sliders.
The beats are spaced the same as in the 1st verse, at least until the chorus where they are spaced the same as the 1st chorus. But the sliders are still at half speed. (thought it might give some challenge or something, or do something different X\)

3rd verse:
Half speed, used nothing but sliders except for the very first note. Used bezier shaped curves.

4th verse:
starts out with no sound coming from the beats and then slowly increases volume. The spacing is now how the distance snapping suggests, which (is intended to) ups the ante/difficulty.

Other things to note:

at 04:31:177 - I wanted a silent, long beat. But I don't know if I pulled it off right because I had to have -> <- s to make it longer. maybe this can be fixed?

I didn't add any kind of whistles or claps or finishes because I think that I'm horrible at that kind of stuff. If anybody wants to add it themselves then you can.

If the half tempo thing at the middle section is indeed dumb and dumber then I suppose that can be changed. But not the beat spacing please o_o/\

If you go to Song Setup... and then to storyboarding... and if you look down to Preferred Skin and the pulldown box... please don't change it to anything other than "user's preference", I'm begging you...

huh... never noticed this but if you get 100% accuracy on the whole song you get 830 combo with 555 300's and 140 elite beats... huh... didn't plan on the numbers to be divisible by 5 and several other numbers, really.

Well, okay, I changed the BPM to half and messed around with the spacing mainly because I didn't want it to be too predictable. I kind've wanted to keep the player guessing as they played. Kind've like having different themes as the song went on, you know?

huh... it won't let me attach it because it's over 5 MB...
Just a minute...
Here
http://www.mediafire.com/?jnzomrwlenm
Derekku
Please just attach your .osu from the folder. >.>;
Magmabear
Oh wait... I screwed that up >_<
Sorry, I only had a vague idea of how to do this... =P

Download: NicoNico Chorus Kagamine Rin - Meltdown (SeymourLyon) [Magmabear's Difficulty].osu
Derekku
Not bad, but it has some issues:

*Easier than the other harder diffs, but has a much higher score.
*Unrankable sliders
*Isn't much different than the other diffs in terms of difficulty

We'll see what Seymour/BATs say =x

EDIT: @Seymour: Thanks for updating with the .osb fixes and section-pass. <3

EDIT 2: Wait, whoops, just saw something else when redownloading. You have both the yellow and black spinner approach circles in the folder. o_o; Whichever one you wanna keep, rename to spinner-approachcircle, delete the other, and full submit please. (I personally like the black better, but it doesn't matter)
Magmabear
What do you mean by unrankable sliders, exactly?

*Edit
You mean not different in difficulty as in do you want it easier?
Derekku
You have overlapping sliders that are too ambiguous to tell how to move along them.

@Difficulty: Again, it's not really my call. It's usually only recommended to have 4 diffs total, so with five already pushing it... It just depends =x
Magmabear
ohhhhhhh...
Kay. That can be easily fixed.
Topic Starter
Lef
Wooow... I really dont like this difficulity :C It looks like you made it in 3 minutes with no effort @.@ I know its probably not true but its so... so simple. I dont like it at all. I dont want to sound rude or something :? I dont like lot of things here: every slider, weird spacing (confusing), lot of useless breaks (makes map boring) and least bat not last - 5 min... :cry: Dunno what to do with it. I dont want to upload it yet.
Magmabear
Well... actually it took me two nights to make it...
*sigh*
Damn...
God I'm not cut out for this...
Derekku
I really haven't done a full mod since last summer when I was still learning how to mod, so...

[General]
*'Derekku' and 'Chan' tags should only be in my diff, sorry. D: Please remove them from the other four.
*'Zatoichi" tag should only be in his Core diff, so again, please remove from the others. orz

*I still suggest removing the countdown on the diffs. It just comes in too fast, sounds REALLY awkward, and distracts one from seeing the first notes in the harder diffs.

[Hard]
*0 spinners: Consider adding one :O
*a bit whistle spammy during the verses, but it sounds okay during the chorus. Perhaps lower volume a tiny bit for the verses?
02:17:905 (5) - Silence this like 01:06:086 (9), please.
<3 the sliders and patterns here

[Core]
*Overall difficulty is kinda low. I'd raise it one tick.
00:45:723 (11) - I suggest moving this above (10) because it's reallllly too hard to see. It kinda blends in with the background and the new combo colors make it more confusing.
00:50:814 (8) - Very hard to see the repeat, which is unrankable. Please move this somewhere else.
01:20:269 (13,14,15) - Hard to read. (14) is near-invisible. Please move this.
01:40:450 (9) - (nazi) move up and to the right so it's not off-screen in editor.
01:56:450 (9,10,11) - Hard to tell that these are sliders (probably unrankable)
02:32:269 (13,14,15) - Hard to read. (14) is near-invisible. Please move this.
03:20:632 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Very hard to read. (7) is nearly invisible.
*This diff could use some pattern fixes that are hard to read (that I didn't mention) and more hitsounds, but, eh... orz

[Insane]
*I'd shorten the audio lead-in. Perhaps 1 second instead of 3?
00:03:777 (9) - Unrankable because you can't really see the repeat under the 100/300 from the previous sliders. D:
02:43:959 (4) - the ticks sound really ugly on this. Maybe lower the volume on it? @.@
*I love the hitsounds in the no-vocal section. The claps sound coool :3

[Meltdown]
01:05:905 (5) Move a bit further from the previous slider to keep the same spacing as before that please =x
01:06:086 (6) - a bit further from (5) o:
01:06:086 (6) - Silence like in [Hard] (or lower volume) please :O
01:20:086 (6) - Sadly this is unrankable because it is hidden under the 100/300's of the previous notes. It's hard enough to see the slider let alone the repeat on it @_@
01:31:723 (6) - ^
02:32:086 (6) - ^
02:43:723 (6) - ^
02:20:450 - 02:44:086 - I would vertical (and maybe also horizontal) flip this entire section so that it's not just a repeat of the first chorus. o: Just select all the notes here, and ctrl-J :B
*Wonderful soft section with soft whistles~

Phew~

PS: Did you get rid of the duplicate spinner-approachcircle? o:

EDIT: My bad; tags should be THE SAME on all diffs. =d
ouranhshc
so whats going to happen with this map
Derekku

ouranhshc wrote:

so whats going to happen with this map
Ask Seymour :/
ouranhshc
i liked this map too
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.