forum

QCUP $700 Prizepool - Winner NerO

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kynan
Nomod tie-breaker too OP :(
Blueson
We've a new schedule for next week now! Make sure you check it out https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =207248613

Make sure you contact Dellel in time if you want it changed also if you require any help converting your timezones just ask me Rosatoppar or Jojajim2.

The new map pool is also out, you can find it on the frontpage here.
Slizzer
Are you allowed to use mods in the tiebreaker? (Freemod)
Topic Starter
Jojajim
Uppdate!

The tiebreakers will now be played with freemod on, however you do not have to pick a mod.
MiruHong
Since it's group stages still I won't complain about the current pool but there needs to be a MASSIVE jump in difficulty for the RoX since majority of the players who are still in this are sub 1k and a large percentage being top 100. I would say that by the time finals are about the star difficulty be pushed to 6.2ish stars average.

No one likes an acc tournament especially when 90% of maps are easily SS'able.

Also no more TV sizes please
Kynan
And AR9 DT maps pls ;w;
TYVM FOR THE FREEMOD TIEBREAKER <3
Te Amo
DT is a sin. Please remove the DT section for the sake of all of us <3. Mappool seems fine to me anyways, it'll come down to who can best handle the situation ... No?
Kotayo

MiruHong wrote:

Since it's group stages still I won't complain about the current pool but there needs to be a MASSIVE jump in difficulty for the RoX since majority of the players who are still in this are sub 1k and a large percentage being top 100. I would say that by the time finals are about the star difficulty be pushed to 6.2ish stars average.

No one likes an acc tournament especially when 90% of maps are easily SS'able.

Also no more TV sizes please
hi mappool maker here

there's no reason to worry about the difficulty being too low for the finals
the initial draft for it has landed at an average star rating around 6.15 stars, and that's with some of the maps suffering from "fake star ratings"
so the actual average imo would probably be something like 6.4 stars atm

also can't promise anything about TV Size but we'll try to keep them to a minimum from now on
Musty
Is there any links to see results of the second group phase?
Blueson

Musty wrote:

Is there any links to see results of the second group phase?

We've been having some issues with Binarybeast, we'll be setting up something after the tournament is done today. Sorry for that.
AmaiHachimitsu
Would love to see some standings :)
Blueson

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Would love to see some standings :)

Currently updating them over here http://binarybeast.com/x15042624 Sorry for the delay.
AmaiHachimitsu
RIP WWW
DroidBass
yesssssssssss I'm still alive!!

3rd round here we go. Also I'm a way too impatient to see the new group of stages.
Yarissa
My referee and opponent are both not online for my scheduled tourney (23:00 UTC)

Match was supposed to start 5 minutes ago
buny
in regards of my matches, I'm going to have to drop out because my studies are catching up to me and i simply can't spare any time for osu right now

sorry for the inconvenience
AmaiHachimitsu
The tournament requires us to have "time at hand", but there's one problem.

I can't see any GENERAL schedule so I can't really make future plans regarding participation.
I mean, is there a week-long break now or not?
Is next stage a group or KO?
I'd like to see enumerated dates of matches and their stages.
Musty
Are brackets visible on http://binarybeast.com/x15042624#brackets definitive?
It seems weird to play against the 2nd of my group while it's not the case for almost every other matches.
+ Is it simple elimination?
Slizzer
Wow, poor players who got matched up against people they already lost too ;w;7
Blueson

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

The tournament requires us to have "time at hand", but there's one problem.

I can't see any GENERAL schedule so I can't really make future plans regarding participation.
I mean, is there a week-long break now or not?
Is next stage a group or KO?
I'd like to see enumerated dates of matches and their stages.

There'll be a week-long break now yes, the next stage is the elimination stage so it'll be a KO, the current bracket that you can see on the former link is currently a draft and not confirmed finalized, currently it's seeded based on pp-rankings.

We'll continuing schedule as usual the coming monday with the player schedules beeing released, as long as nothing else comes up this will continue untill we finish the tournament. We will also start taking timezones into consideration now that we can handle it better with the amount of players participating.
Slizzer

Blueson wrote:

There'll be a week-long break now yes, the next stage is the elimination stage so it'll be a KO, the current bracket that you can see on the former link is currently a draft and not confirmed finalized, currently it's seeded based on pp-rankings.

We'll continuing schedule as usual the coming monday with the player schedules beeing released, as long as nothing else comes up this will continue untill we finish the tournament. We will also start taking timezones into consideration now that we can handle it better with the amount of players participating.
So basically it didn't matter if you placed 1st or 2nd in your Group at all?..
(I know it's not finalized, just throwing it out there)
Blueson

Slizzer wrote:

Blueson wrote:

So basically it didn't matter if you placed 1st or 2nd in your Group at all?..
(I know it's not finalized, just throwing it out there)

Right now this is the case yes. I have a few arguments as to why I've decided to do this, the first one is that some players recieved free wins because of no shows during their matches. This would automatically grant them a higher spot in the former groups and if this round would be seeded by that I feel like it'd give them an unfair spot compared to those who had to play all of their matches to get the #1 spot in the group. I also believe that the overall bracket will be more balanced this way, we've individual matches who are fairly unfair right now, but if you look on the bracket as a whole it feels more balanced than it'd be if we went by 1st and 2nd in each group.

I do however believe there are arguments against this aswell, first of all there are people who get matched against their former opponent straight into the KO stage, this is probably the biggest reason why I don't want to go with this as the offical bracket just yet as it feels weird matching people up with their former opponents, it also renders a part of the group-stage useless and sadly means that those who played all their matches to get the #1 spot in their group will be left treated unfair.

I am open to take any feedback on the brackets right now though so feel free to respond or PM me, I don't think I've considered close to all the sides of this right now. Right now though I'm looking to change the matches between former opponents and for the most part leaving the bracket as it is right now.
Musty
so erm.. what's next? : )
Xilver15
pool pls ;;
Aka
heanday ♥
Topic Starter
Jojajim
Update:
Mappool, brackets and the schedule for our upcoming single elimination round "Ro32" for this weekend has been updated on the main post!

Aka wrote:

heanday ♥
Agreed <3 Top tier mapper!
Xilver15
Chris Jasorka
is it still a bestof5 or bestof7?
Topic Starter
Jojajim

xyz wrote:

is it still a bestof5 or bestof7?
It's Bo7 now.
Currently updating the main post about this
Synchrostar
i always get eliminated before the fun maps start to appear :^)
Kynan
I have a question : It's now BO7 but can we now pick 2 maps per modpool to "compensate" for the extra maps to play ? Because if we can't it means that we will HAVE to pick stuff that we don't like to play even though there are maps lefts in the modpools...
Yarissa
Both my opponent and ref are missing so far, and it's 10 minutes past my scheduled match

EDIT: This has been accounted for and marked as a no-show/ default win, ty
Topic Starter
Jojajim
Update:
Mappool, brackets and the schedule for "Ro16" has been updated!
Wilchq
Clock Strikes. Hell yeah baby.
AmaiHachimitsu
Feint - Tower Of Heaven (You Are Slaves)

I got the message, thanks

@edit gg NerO, I wanted those headphones but fuck it
Topic Starter
Jojajim
Update:
Mappool, brackets and the schedule for "Ro8" has been updated!

Also We're changing to Bo9 for Ro8 & each player are now allowed to pick up to 2 maps from each modpool.
NerO

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Feint - Tower Of Heaven (You Are Slaves)

I'll get it for you :p
Loose flag raised
fedoragoose

NerO wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Loose flag raised
NerO confirmed win trader.
AmaiHachimitsu

NerO wrote:

Loose flag raised
I'm holding you to your promise \:D/
Topic Starter
Jojajim
Update:
Mappool for Semi-Final and Final has been released!

Also make sure to checkout "News&Updates" on the main post!
show more