forum

QCUP $700 Prizepool - Winner NerO

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aka
almost `A`)b
Heinzen
There is one thing I don't get: how is this BO3 and there is a tiebreaker?

Does tiebreaker pop in when it's 1:1? That's kinda dumb, imo
Topic Starter
Jojajim
The matches will be played as BO5 instead of BO3
Heinzen
First post should be updated then :)
Death
Is there seriously an AR8 map in the hidden pool?
Kert

Death wrote:

Why not
I see no problem
Synchrostar

Death wrote:

fc first try

it's not that hard
Death
I understand that is is easily FC able, I just don't think a tournament with no ranking requirement (eg. ranks 5k-10k only, or something like that) should have an AR8 map, especially not one that is generally a DT map for the majority of players above rank 2,000. It's not really a matter of having maps that are playable by everyone in the tournament either. When I sign up for a tournament I sign up expecting difficult maps, as all players should. Difficult is a relative term of course. Don't get me wrong, I understand the map pool will get harder as time progresses, but I personally think the map pool is still too easy for a first round pool.
Kynan
And we all know what "too easy map pool" means in a tournament...
TensaiRhythm
Gunther...
Raddy
Hey.

About two weeks back I tore a ligament in my left arm. I thought I'd be good to play by the 11th but 24 hours beforehand it's still not looking great, so I will not be participating. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Blueson
Make sure you guys follow the stream! You can find it here, http://www.twitch.tv/qpad
-Visceral-
Unless I can get my matches 3 hours earlier than when I currently have them, I will be unable to attend. My nephew's birthday party op q_q

Hopefully it isn't too late to have my matches earlier.
fartownik
There's no mention how the freemod bracket works in this tournament. Can you elaborate?
Topic Starter
Jojajim

fartownik wrote:

There's no mention how the freemod bracket works in this tournament. Can you elaborate?
The freemod bracket allows you to choose whatever mods you'd like, except DoubleTime and HalfTime.
Both players does not have to choose the same mods.
Each player have to pick atleast 1 mod however you can pick more than one mod if you want.

As for map picking each player can only pick 1 map from the freemod mappool.

Sorry for not being clear enough about it, I'll update the main post.
Death
Oops... Was in the hospital for my matches... Sorry :(
Suikami
any news for next round ? (I'm afraid my internet will be down again :'( )
Topic Starter
Jojajim

ExRei wrote:

any news for next round ? (I'm afraid my internet will be down again :'( )
Information about the next round will be up on monday.
cptnXn
by the way good job staff this is the greatest schedule ever!
3 matches in a row, starting at 10am on Saturday! This is the best Tournament i have ever """played""" in *cough*
Xim

cptnXn wrote:

3 matches in a row, starting at 10am on Saturday! This is the best Tournament i have ever """played""" in *cough*
Why wait until after your matches to complain? You need to take a little responsibility sometimes zzz
Chris Jasorka
better than games at 3am to 5am :p
Te Amo
Is it possible to move my 18:00 match to an earlier time? I can play my other matches but over 18:00 isn't really doable for me
Blueson

cptnXn wrote:

Us working on the QCup schedule has not taken timezones into consideration, if the 4 of us would've taken that into consideration for 128 people you probably wouldn't have seen a tournament untill late summer. Because of this, we made sure to mention several times on both the schedule and main post about how you had time to change your match time by sending Dellel a PM, you could do this until yesterday actually and our schedule has been out for 23 days now. To make sure everyone knew what time it was in their own timezone we even linked to a website where you could easily convert the GMT times to any other timezone.

You also contacted Dellel a week ago and made sure of your match times so you should've been well aware of these times today. I'm sorry that 10 am on a weekend didn't work out for you, seeing how people keep waking up very early in the morning just to play in our tournament, and we're really grateful that people are dedicated enough to play so early in something we've setup. Also seeing how you're living in Germany your match was actually scheduled for 12 am your time, if you now were in Germany during the time of your matches.
TensaiRhythm

cptnXn wrote:

Sarcasm is a great thing right!, here we go ~ It's seems that you are kinda good at this game, but...
You took a spot in the tourney and didn't even play?
Good job!
Te Amo
mom too OP
Kynan
Nomod tie-breaker too OP :(
Blueson
We've a new schedule for next week now! Make sure you check it out https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =207248613

Make sure you contact Dellel in time if you want it changed also if you require any help converting your timezones just ask me Rosatoppar or Jojajim2.

The new map pool is also out, you can find it on the frontpage here.
Slizzer
Are you allowed to use mods in the tiebreaker? (Freemod)
Topic Starter
Jojajim
Uppdate!

The tiebreakers will now be played with freemod on, however you do not have to pick a mod.
MiruHong
Since it's group stages still I won't complain about the current pool but there needs to be a MASSIVE jump in difficulty for the RoX since majority of the players who are still in this are sub 1k and a large percentage being top 100. I would say that by the time finals are about the star difficulty be pushed to 6.2ish stars average.

No one likes an acc tournament especially when 90% of maps are easily SS'able.

Also no more TV sizes please
Kynan
And AR9 DT maps pls ;w;
TYVM FOR THE FREEMOD TIEBREAKER <3
Te Amo
DT is a sin. Please remove the DT section for the sake of all of us <3. Mappool seems fine to me anyways, it'll come down to who can best handle the situation ... No?
Kotayo

MiruHong wrote:

Since it's group stages still I won't complain about the current pool but there needs to be a MASSIVE jump in difficulty for the RoX since majority of the players who are still in this are sub 1k and a large percentage being top 100. I would say that by the time finals are about the star difficulty be pushed to 6.2ish stars average.

No one likes an acc tournament especially when 90% of maps are easily SS'able.

Also no more TV sizes please
hi mappool maker here

there's no reason to worry about the difficulty being too low for the finals
the initial draft for it has landed at an average star rating around 6.15 stars, and that's with some of the maps suffering from "fake star ratings"
so the actual average imo would probably be something like 6.4 stars atm

also can't promise anything about TV Size but we'll try to keep them to a minimum from now on
Musty
Is there any links to see results of the second group phase?
Blueson

Musty wrote:

Is there any links to see results of the second group phase?

We've been having some issues with Binarybeast, we'll be setting up something after the tournament is done today. Sorry for that.
AmaiHachimitsu
Would love to see some standings :)
Blueson

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Would love to see some standings :)

Currently updating them over here http://binarybeast.com/x15042624 Sorry for the delay.
AmaiHachimitsu
RIP WWW
DroidBass
yesssssssssss I'm still alive!!

3rd round here we go. Also I'm a way too impatient to see the new group of stages.
Yarissa
My referee and opponent are both not online for my scheduled tourney (23:00 UTC)

Match was supposed to start 5 minutes ago
show more