forum

[invalid] Virtual Reality in Chat rooms or Multiplayer lobby

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
5mokie
Well, i don't have anything more to say, the tittle is very descriptive itself...
I've been thinking about this for months, will be nice to see someone else instead of just chat with the names besides them.
I'm not thinking about a customizable character, just an osu logo with some distinctive stuff like hats will work perfectly fine for me :)

Thats it, if you osu lovers like my idea dont be shy :)
Peace !!
Lanturn
So basically, like an avatar?

8:13 Lanturn: Hi
[-Ciel-]
I think that would be awesome
abraker
I don't think that is really needed. You can click the name to see their avatar, and adding this would make the chat a bit more messy.
brueashear
I think he meant something like the lobbies in Audition?
KokoaCrunch
I think that would be good :P
Topic Starter
5mokie

abraker wrote:

I don't think that is really needed. You can click the name to see their avatar, and adding this would make the chat a bit more messy.
Might be a bit messy, but be able to move and interact better with other people will be nice too. C nice counterpart btw
abraker

5mokie wrote:

but be able to move and interact better with other people will be nice too
Explain, how does adding that in chat will encourage players to interact more?
Topic Starter
5mokie

abraker wrote:

5mokie wrote:

but be able to move and interact better with other people will be nice too
Explain, how does adding that in chat will encourage players to interact more?
I don't say that this will be a feature in-chat. My idea was totally a new place, the name is Virtual Reality, so imagine a character, or anything that achieves the function of it; you can move, make it dance, salute, stuff like that.
Its kinda ambitious and drastic for the game, but why not to try. :)
abraker
Honestly, I don't see this happening.
Maiz94
What OP wants.
Karuta-_old_1

ishimaru94 wrote:

What OP wants.
I don't think the osu!client could ever handle that, ever (maybe something on a smaller scale like meetoto, habbo but well...)

osu! isn't your typical social game, it is a rhythm game akin to jubeats, sound voltex, beatmania, Taiko that do not have this feature

Usually people would just skype or something
Topic Starter
5mokie
I agree, but since a lot of peaople like to play multi rather than solo will be nice to find away to interact more than just text
Lanturn
oh wow... even more indepth than I was thinking.

Chat is based on IRC anyways, so there would have to be a whole new system implemented. I don't see this happening at all. It's too much effort for something that really doesn't matter on a rhythm game, to be blunt. IRC is more than enough to interact on this type of game.
-Maus-

5mokie wrote:

I agree, but since a lot of peaople like to play multi rather than solo will be nice to find away to interact more than just text
Your nick is adequate to the idea
cos you need to smoke much weed to see this happen
Jing Yuan
chat would be quite cluttered if something like this was introduced
drum drum
I don't see this happening