forum

What is considered good or bad for a Osu! player

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun
It is because two people will use the same term to mean opposite things and you can't tell which is which; like that tournament that said 25000+ players. Turns it it meant worse than 25000 not better.
-JaZe-
There are people in this thread who think I'm good

heh
SnowflakeStreet

Kheldragar wrote:

It is because two people will use the same term to mean opposite things and you can't tell which is which; like that tournament that said 25000+ players. Turns it it meant worse than 25000 not better.
Yeah maybe my wording sucked, but given the context what I was trying to say should be obvious.
under 100 unstable rate on OD10 consistently means you're the best at acc you can rek ar10 shitter plebs
now you need sp33d
then you need aim
then you need stamina
then you need pp
after you have all of that you should be at least in top 100, now get rekt by HR and DT players that got gut faster and quit
Yuudachi-kun

Faces3 wrote:

under 100 unstable rate on OD10 consistently means you're the best at acc you can rek ar10 shitter plebs
You can have a 50 UR and all your hits be 100's; iirc UR is from the std dev of the average of your hits, not a 0 ms hit error.
Bauxe

Faces3 wrote:

now you need sp33d
then you need aim
then you need stamina
then you need pp
after you have all of that you should be at least in top 100, now get rekt by HR and DT players that got gut faster and quit
100 unstable on OD10 or OD0 is literally the same.
bigfeh

Bauxe wrote:

Faces3 wrote:

now you need sp33d
then you need aim
then you need stamina
then you need pp

Bauxe wrote:

Faces3 wrote:

now you need sp33d
then you need aim
then you need stamina
then you need pp
i agree!
oh wait
E m i

GunterGaming, 19 days ago wrote:

A GUY WITH 4000 PP IS RANK #3990 IN THE WORLD
and now it's ~#4180
:(
Hamdium
Average osu! standard registered user:
6 pp dude who tried the game for some days then realized clicking circles is autistic and quit.

Average osu! "player":
The guys that actually stayed for more than 3 months. They play 3 and 4 star maps mostly.
These are the players you find on the chat or multiplayer lobbies.
(Many of them would've left before a year passed.)

Average osu! player, considering time invested:
2000 pp scrubs like me. If you haven't stayed for several months, you can't say you really "got into" osu!, you just tried it.
Of course this is completely biased. We always set ourselves as the average, so I had to do the same.

Average osu! real player:
Anyone who can set top scores in 4+ star maps even after 100,000 people play that map as well.
If you can't do this, you aren't even playing osu! yet.

Talking about real players, being good implies you can beat nearly all the top 50 scores on any song, like rrtyuiop, wubwubwub or hvick-numbers.

But I'm a shit player, so my opinion holds no value at all.
drum drum

Hamdium wrote:

Average osu! standard registered user:
6 pp dude who tried the game for some days then realized clicking circles is autistic and quit.

Average osu! "player":
The guys that actually stayed for more than 3 months. They play 3 and 4 star maps mostly.
These are the players you find on the chat or multiplayer lobbies.
(Many of them would've left before a year passed.)

Average osu! player, considering time invested:
2000 pp scrubs like me. If you haven't stayed for several months, you can't say you really "got into" osu!, you just tried it.
Of course this is completely biased. We always set ourselves as the average, so I had to do the same.

Average osu! real player:
Anyone who can set top scores in 4+ star maps even after 100,000 people play that map as well.
If you can't do this, you aren't even playing osu! yet.

Talking about real players, being good implies you can beat nearly all the top 50 scores on any song, like rrtyuiop, wubwubwub or hvick-numbers.

But I'm a shit player, so my opinion holds no value at all.
tl;dr everyone sucks
Lagel

drum drum wrote:

tl;dr everyone sucks
With that mentality you'll get no wher- No actually. Realisation is key, accepting the fact that you're bad means you're one step closer to either getting better or quitting
ithgyu

Lagel wrote:

drum drum wrote:

tl;dr everyone sucks
With that mentality you'll get no wher- No actually. Realisation is key, accepting the fact that you're bad means you're one step closer to either getting better or quitting
There is a difference between accepting you suck and complacency. As long as youre not complacent with the level you are at, aim to improve, and put the time and effort in, you will improve.
Yuudachi-kun
I got complacent once; flatlined for two weeks just to maintain rank. It sucked.
I Give Up
Bad players quit. Good players play more or died trying.
Saphirshroom
I sometimes ask myself why people don't seem to be allowed - or just don't have the confidence - to be proud of their achievements. Instead they need confirmation of others to know whether they possess an arbitrary standard declared as good.

To me that comes across the same way as duckfacing facebook girls with their "im so ugly" photo description. I don't have a facebook acc
Yuudachi-kun
Because good is relative. If we can all SS airman HDHR all the time your HR 99% fc is shit and you're bad.
Saphirshroom

Kheldragar wrote:

Because good is relative. If we can all SS airman HDHR all the time your HR 99% fc is shit and you're bad.
It's relative and subjective though and people get worked up over it.
I Give Up
Don't care about rank. Care about play more.
ZenithPhantasm
Play less 8-)
Yuudachi-kun

KukiMonster wrote:

Don't care about rank. Care about play more.
Why play without rank?
I Give Up

Kheldragar wrote:

Why play without rank?
Improve.
Yuudachi-kun

KukiMonster wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Why play without rank?
Improve.
I see my improvement in the new fcs I get that give me rank. Your point?
I Give Up
Don't need ranks to improve, you know when you improve. Don't need ranks to have fun. Hard for you to understand?
Yuudachi-kun

KukiMonster wrote:

Don't need ranks to improve, you know when you improve. Don't need ranks to have fun. Hard for you to understand?
I need ranks to have fun. We're at an impass. Is that hard for you to understand?
I Give Up

Kheldragar wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

I need ranks to have fun. We're at an impass. Is that hard for you to understand?
It seems it is hard for you to understand, I never said that you don't need ranks to have fun, I simply said don't need it. Because you can always choose, it is not a necessity for all :^)
bigfeh

KukiMonster wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

It seems it is hard for you to understand, I never said that you don't need ranks to have fun, I simply said don't need it. Because you can always choose, it is not a necessity for all :^)
r
to the
ekt
Yuudachi-kun
And it is also a necessity for some, while you advocate it like it's a necessity for none.
drum drum
can we move on now
otoed1

drum drum wrote:

can we move on now
Ontopic: An osu! player is good when they're the new Cookezi. (Just rename yourself and you're done)
KokoaCrunch
~.~
ZenithPhantasm
You are good when you SS HDHRDTFL Big Black
Barusamikosu

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

loppy is good.
ZenithPhantasm

Barusamikosu wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

loppy is good.
in loppy we trust
Picachoo2008

bigfeh wrote:

Average usually means shit, so if you're above average you're merely above shit.

And just so we're clear here: between "above shit" and "good" there is a loooong way

Average has always meant the median (middle). It's considered the central area, not 'Average usually means shit' like you have stupidly typed.
SnixWasTaken
Stop bringing up dead posts, what the heck are you doing with yourself that you found a 3 year old post... -_-;
Deva

Quickslice wrote:

I'm at rank 244k.

Damn man I wish I were as good as you :o
TheMagicGunnar
I am a casual so i do not care if you have lots of pp, if you are above 500k you are good to me :)
Picachoo2008

xnix wrote:

Stop bringing up dead posts, what the heck are you doing with yourself that you found a 3 year old post... -_-;

I was bored. I play osu! I have alot of spare time on my hands okay XD
The Gambler
Intravenous WD40 does not cure rust.