forum

Destarring maps with kudosu. [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Jarby
20:37 <Larto> : I'd actually like a "Shit on this map!" checkbox when you mod a map.
20:37 <JarJarJacob> : I'd like to spend my kudosu destarring shit maps
20:37 <Larto> : That's genius
20:38 <JarJarJacob> : And a little brown poo icon instead of a pink star

So yeah, some maps at high priorities are quite bad and simply don't deserve to be up there. I would like to control this situation with my kudosu.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/shit-6.png Is a great icon for this.
Larto
Note that I was only joking in that chatlog =[
While quite a few high priority maps are just plain bad, I don't think you need to be able to remove the stars as that would only result in hostility between users. What would really help is that people start to only star maps they really like. Right now, people star everything.
Gabi
Aren't high priority star maps supposed to get attention from mods/BATs so they can get help to make their map better?
Topic Starter
Jarby

Gabi wrote:

Aren't high priority star maps supposed to get attention from mods/BATs so they can get help to make their map better?
Mods make maps better, then they star them when they are good. Good maps get looked at by BATs and ranked. If high priority maps are simply bad, the BAT's time is wasted and no maps are ranked. Let's prevent this from happening.
Gabi

JarJarJacob wrote:

Gabi wrote:

Mods make maps better, then they star them when they are good. Good maps get looked at by BATs and ranked. If high priority maps are simply bad, the BAT's time is wasted and no maps are ranked. Let's prevent this from happening.
I wouldn't say their time is "wasted" i mean imo they are not strictly here to just rank maps, but also to help people out.

I think what you want is a different way to star maps to avoid shit maps getting a high amount of stars. (EDIT: other than destarring a map)
anonymous_old
If you star every other map, this has the same effect.
0_o
Stars should be weighted based on position/mapping experience. Here's what I suggested in a MAT thread discussing this:
I think the value of the priority stars should be proportional to the experience of the user starring it. The star value would be something like (1 + number of ranked maps) / 2, rounding up, capping at 5 or so. MAT stars would be worth 10, BAT worth 15 or 20. Now with this system, this would require counting the individual stars and not star value for the minimum ranking value (currently +8)
EDIT: look I made a thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29997
GladiOol
'O, I hate this mapper, let's destar it!'

^ I bet this will happen alot.
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

Stars should be weighted based on position/mapping experience. Here's what I suggested in a MAT thread discussing this:
I think the value of the priority stars should be proportional to the experience of the user starring it. The star value would be something like (1 + number of ranked maps) / 2, rounding up, capping at 5 or so. MAT stars would be worth 10, BAT worth 15 or 20. Now with this system, this would require counting the individual stars and not star value for the minimum ranking value (currently +8)
Modding skill has little to do with mapping skill.

And even then, getting maps ranked has little to do with mapping skill.

=]
0_o

strager wrote:

Modding skill has little to do with mapping skill.

And even then, getting maps ranked has little to do with mapping skill.

=]
That's why MAT and BAT stars would be worth the most - modding skill as opposed to mapping skill. Not that MATs and BATs can't map of course, but you don't really need mapping skill to become one.
For the regular user stars though, another option could be to have it based on kudosu instead (and now that I think about it that would probably be more effective). Maybe the star values could go up 1 every 20 kudosu (with a reasonable cap)?
Derekku
I'm still in favor of having different weights, whatever they may be. Normal users spamming stars to every map they look at isn't giving a good representation of the priority system...
RemmyX25
I can see this being abused much worse than the star system is now.
Beuchi

RemmyX25 wrote:

Unfortunately, I think the same :/
So... sorry, but I don't support this :(
Mashley
No one would waste their kudosu to do this except trolls.
anonymous_old

Agent Spin Here wrote:

No one would waste their kudosu to do this except trolls.
^
Sakura

RemmyX25 wrote:

^
No support
ignorethis
/me ROFL
Shohei Ohtani

Gladi wrote:

'O, A DJPop/CDFA map, let's destar it!'

^ I bet this will happen alot.
Fixed~.
awp

RemmyX25 wrote:

I thought that at first, but then I thought: people are selfish. They will not waste kd on maps without a damn good reason. Simply decreasing one map's priority to put your map of choice ahead of it is horribly inefficient. This can be abused, but I think due to the whole bare-minimum mindset that is usually adopted, I wouldn't be too worried about malicious people.

But it should be a requirement that "this map is shit" costs kd, always.
Shohei Ohtani
Most people that would probably abuse the system would be people who don't mod much, kind of like how stars work now (mostly)
awp

CDFA wrote:

Most people that would probably abuse the system would be people who don't mod much, kind of like how stars work now (mostly)
how can you use kd if you don't mod?
Shohei Ohtani

awp wrote:

CDFA wrote:

how can you use kd if you don't mod?
Exactly.

With the kudosu limit, the people that WOULD have destarred to troll via no kudosu neccesary would not be able to, so the system of destarring maps wouldn't be abused unless you're modding a map by CDFA.