forum

Those Annoying Waves in Taiko

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shirijii
Hey there my fellow osu!peeps.

This is my problem: in the Taiko gamemode, most of the beatmaps have the upper part of the screen covered in a background consisting of annoying orange waves which turn purple at mistakes. This also of course makes the normal background shift down a bit.
And, for some reason, this background does not appear on certain beatmaps.

Anyways, I want to enjoy the backgrounds in their full glory (especially considering the fact that I manually replace most backgrounds with more *ahem* interesting / high quality backgrounds) and therefore get rid of this annoying orange thingy.

Soooow, I want this:

...instead of this:

Anyone got an idea as to how to fix this by e.g. changing something in the skin folder? Help is very much appreciated ヽ(^。^)丿

Shirijii (haven't gotten around to become supporter and that way upgrade my username *.*)
[Cat Power]
Topic Starter
Shirijii
Thank you!
But sadly, doing that only results in this:

So, I replaced the files with transparent versions with the same resolution.
I did already try replacing them with some duplicated empty 1x1 png files which are used elsewhere in my skin, but doing this results in a crash of the game.
Am I doing anything wrong? ( ◢д◣)
lit120
make sure that you have completed set of taiko skin elements. and then, try to make it blank for that according to the name of the element
Topic Starter
Shirijii
Meh... it still doesn't work at all (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I can make it to not getting the crash anymore, but the black area on the top of the screen still remains there.
Even doing with an altered version of the default template yields the same result.
I does stand out that this black area is about two times as small when I disasble the @2x files. For some maps.
But then again, what do I know about skinning? :V