forum

Should I quit playing at 1920x1080 and go to 1366x768?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
autoteleology
I've heard it's easier because, regardless of the difference between speed and control, it's easier to see everything. Anyone switched from full screen to low res before? Opinions? Is it worth screwing up my muscle memory?
bigfeh
It's not easier to see anything unless the window size is smaller and shit resolution is not the only way to do that

also you can calculate your effective CPI since you play the mouse and lower it accordingly if you really decide to do it
ZenithPhantasm
im stupid
cheezstik
I'd stay at 1080p, don't see why you wouldn't if that's what's comfortable for you.
deletemyaccount
If you play mouse, I really don't see any benefit of using a windowed resolution; I do believe you get input lag reductions in fullscreen and speed/control would be more easily changed with DPI.

I used to play fullscreen with tablet and smaller area and would again but my computer is a toaster and I couldn't get over 120fps, so I switched to full area + 1366x768. I actually prefer fullscreen, it feels like i'm playing a flash game in 2000 when I use windowed :s
cheezstik
I believe the advantages seem to be more from the circles being visually closer to each other, so cross map noscopes jumps might be easier to hit as they can be read without having to move eyes as much.

I still prefer fullscreen though, I have no trouble with big jumps (albeit my aim is shit but you get the point) at 23.5" 1080p fullscreen.
Fleuret
You should probably stay at the resolution you're already comfortable at. If you just want to see more then, as already stated, just sit farther away from the monitor.
bigfeh

Philantropist wrote:

If you play mouse, I really don't see any benefit of using a windowed resolution; I do believe you get input lag reductions in fullscreen and speed/control would be more easily changed with DPI.

I used to play fullscreen with tablet and smaller area and would again but my computer is a toaster and I couldn't get over 120fps, so I switched to full area + 1366x768. I actually prefer fullscreen, it feels like i'm playing a flash game in 2000 when I use windowed :s
have you tried decreasing the fullscreen resolution? Fullscreen should actually increase your FPS (because it bypasses the desktop render, thus decreasing the load - that might actualy be why there's less input lag)
-sev
If you can't sit further away from your monitor, then go for it.
ZenithPhantasm

Philantropist wrote:

Yet your profile says you have a 144hz monitor. What kind of logic is this.
DahplA
Lol, I literally cannot switch off of fullscreen, or my mouse goes derpy and laggy.

Anyways I think 1920x1080 is better because it's a bigger screen, therefore bigger hit area.
bigfeh

DahplA wrote:

Lol, I literally cannot switch off of fullscreen, or my mouse goes derpy and laggy.

Anyways I think 1920x1080 is better because it's a bigger screen, therefore bigger hit area.
no no no no no no no no no no no
please no
the hit area is the same across all resolutions
(unless you're counting in pixels, which doesn't make sense at all)

edit: just making myself clear here, YES OBVIOUSLY THE SAME CIRCLE WILL HAVE MORE PIXELS but it doesn't matter if you have the same effective CPI on the mouse or absolute area on tablet
cheezstik

bigfeh wrote:

DahplA wrote:

please no

edit: just making myself clear here, YES OBVIOUSLY THE SAME CIRCLE WILL HAVE MORE PIXELS but it doesn't matter if you have the same effective CPI on the mouse or absolute area on tablet
This makes me think, what if you could play osu at 1x1 fullscreen resolution, since your cursor also has to be at least a pixel, wouldn't you always be touching every circle, so you only have to click, essentially making it relax?
bigfeh

cheezstik wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

please no

This makes me think, what if you could play osu at 1x1 fullscreen resolution, since your cursor also has to be at least a pixel, wouldn't you always be touching every circle, so you only have to click, essentially making it relax?
you can't play osu! on 1x1 res

but if you really wanna play that game, what if osu! were actually a potato, would we be farmers
Topic Starter
autoteleology

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Or you can put your monitor further back Mr.FaZeMLGqU1CkSc0p3
You remind me of this guy I used to play with who had the most active playing time of anyone on the server, but all he did was run around and troll by spraying RPGs.

My group of elite MLG noscopers friends eventually concluded he must have a serious mental illness if he spent all his free time trying to irritate people instead of playing the damn game.
ZenithPhantasm

Philosofikal wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

You remind me of this guy I used to play with who had the most active playing time of anyone on the server, but all he did was run around and troll by spraying RPGs.

My group of friends elite MLG noscopers eventually concluded he must have a serious mental illness if he spent all his free time trying to irritate people instead of playing the damn game.
How did you know it was I? Jk I don't play CoD.
bigfeh

Philosofikal wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

My group of elite MLG noscopers friends eventually concluded he must have a serious mental illness if he spent all his free time trying to irritate people instead of playing the damn game.
guys can anyone find my shit?

because i just lost it so hard my sides are in space
cheezstik

Philosofikal wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

You thought he had a mental illness just cos he used RPGs instead of the mlg quickscope ways of the intervention / whatever 420 sik sniper is used for quickscoping these days? Kinda harsh m8
ZenithPhantasm
sorry i dont know if you should
bigfeh
well guys if we're to be fair here, playing cod is probably an indicator for mental illness (though there are exceptions obviously)
ZenithPhantasm

bigfeh wrote:

well guys if we're to be fair here, playing cod is probably an indicator for mental illness
there are no exceptions.
sekaiwave
http://i.imgur.com/4C6Pel5.png

i'm trying t get this background to work but i dont know what to name or put it in my skins folder, please help me niggas
bigfeh

sekaiwave wrote:

i'm trying t get this background to work but i dont know what to name or put it in my skins folder, please help me niggas
jesus dude how did you even get here

post a thread on tech support or something, I don't really know where that goes. Also try the wiki
leepdesu

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

@OP you should probably quit the game and go back to CoD :)
thank me later
cheezstik

sekaiwave wrote:

If you want just a black background while playing, try turning on background dim in the settings to 100%. If you however wanted a custom background though, you have to go into the map folder that you want to apply it to and replace the background image, so if you want that for every map, it's basically not worth it.
ZenithPhantasm

-LeeP- wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

@OP you should probably quit the game and go back to CoD :)
thank me later
Thanks mom
sekaiwave

cheezstik wrote:

sekaiwave wrote:

If you want just a black background while playing, try turning on background dim in the settings to 100%. If you however wanted a custom background though, you have to go into the map folder that you want to apply it to and replace the background image, so if you want that for every map, it's basically not worth it.
this one isn't black, it should look like this http://puu.sh/aiprt/e4e5b66270.jpg so you know where the edge is
ZenithPhantasm
You have to replace the scoreboard.png :^)
Lagel
y so much h8
Topic Starter
autoteleology
ITT: shitpost.jpg

drum drum the stage is yours
Bauxe
I use fullscreen because this game looks nicer in fullscreen
deadbeat
locked on request