forum

Does anyone Know in FPS boost skins?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Moses
Does anyone know any Fps boost skins, on some songs i play some songs and drop to the point when the latency is horrible
DeletedUser_4041880
Limit your framerate (F7) if you haven't already. As for skins, I'll leave that for someone else to answer.
AGRX

Moses wrote:

Does anyone know any Fps boost skins, on some songs i play some songs and drop to the point when the latency is horrible
You better send skin that is causing you fps drops, before claiming its causing skin.
Also for help you better post this on technical support.
Dont forget to specify your hardware and software information.
quaternary
skin2 claims to boost fps a little due to image compression and stuff. i don't know if it actually works though, because I don't have lag
AGRX

tuddster wrote:

skin2 claims to boost fps a little due to image compression and stuff. i don't know if it actually works though, because I don't have lag
Skins are not causing any lags.
Unless there are:
*huge scaling resolution images or transparency
*elements with fast and many animation frame images

His problems must be somewhere else. There are many skins that are not causing any lags even on low end machines
Im running osu! on my old 2009 macbook and it runs over wineskin. Still having no lags but only cursor delay.

Technical support forum there: 5
Red_Spade_old
I don't think skins can cause lag or decreased FPS unless they are made of several animation frames.

Chances are, you're PC might be doing something else in the background, like auto-update, background scanning, cloud syncing, etc.

Try to run the game with the default skin. If it lags even there, then it's most likely your PC having issues.

Or you can try to play on lower settings or resolution.
Rio-
don't use HD skin elements (every skin elements with "@2x" at the end), or try make your skin-set as simplistic as possible.

Red_Spade wrote:

Try to run the game with the default skin. If it lags even there, then it's most likely your PC having issues.

Or you can try to play on lower settings or resolution.
^
Fatal3ty
Optimized for Low-PC: t/268369

Please delete all "scorebar"-Files!

This skin of mine even ran ancient 2nd laptop from 2006 with stable + 60fps faster. Significantly faster than the default skin. Only that the skin does not look nice for me, because before I found great. Customize you must do it. The effects such as lighting.png, star2.png, combo burst, and HD slows elements from each age-old PC. Very important: Go into the options and search for Snacking Slider and disable it. It brings a lot of power even help my weak laptop enormous. :)