posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Xiao_old

peppy wrote:

I don't have much to say...except

YUM!

There are a few elements I see you haven't skinned (like tabs), so do tell us when/if this is finished and its going straight up on the official updater!
Hahaha, that would be sweet. I skinned every image I found in the skin template though, so knowing what I'm missing/should be skinned would be nice. And by "tabs", do you mean selection-tab.png or something else? I wouldn't know to be honest, this is my first skin and I'm not very active around the community.

I also adjusted a few things. Further comments/nitpicks/pointers are appreciated.

XiStyle v1.13
- Changed score-comma and score-dot dimensions to be thinner.
- Made reversearrow.png an actual boomerang arrow.
- Fixed the graphical error during countdown. (Stroke cut off)
- Track ball is now blue and cyan to fit in with the spinner.
- Added the missing Taiko mod button. (It defaulted to the osu! button)
- Enhanced mod buttons so they don't look as plain.
- Increased volume of countdown considerably.

Download: XiStylev1.13.zip
YoshiKart
I'm sure peppy's referring to selection-tab.png.

*runs from peppy's whip in case I'm wrong*
RemmyX25
This is amazing. Welcome to osu! and great work on the skin.

If I may throw my $0.02 in...

"Initiate" seems to be too long imo. It fits the skin, but it doesnt sound right. "Begin" might be a better choice, but its no big deal.

Otherwise keep up the great work!
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
Hmm, upon listening to it a few more times in-game, you're right. I'll snip it down to "begin" upon next revision.
xerxes_oli
very niiice
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
XiStyle v1.20
- Changed go.png from "INITIATE" to "BEGIN".
- Changed gos.wav to reflect above.
- Added sectionpass, sectionfail and menuclick WAVs.
- Angled opposite side of menu-button-background.png, instead of it being straight.
- Brightened sliderfollowcircle.png slightly.

I feel the skin is almost 100% complete, but I'll likely add a few more touchups before I do consider it so. If anybody finds anything missing or that could be improved, I would love to hear it.

Download: XiStylev1.20.zip
hunnykilla
Very nice! ill be using this for osu now.
RemmyX25
"Begin" does sound better, great job.

I had an idea to replace applause.wav-- "Analysis Complete"

What do you think?

Just thought you'd like an added $0.02
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
XiStyle v1.29
- Destroyed the old count3s, count2s, count1s, readys, gos WAVs. Microsoft Sam was just a placeholder.
- Replaced them with robotic vocoded voices, and added an applause .wav utilizing RemmyX25's idea.

Thanks for the ideas, Remmy. They're working out beautifully. Also, yes, I know I'm updating this extremely frequently, but as I keep working along, there always seems to be something that can be improved on. I think I'm reaching the point though, where I'm almost completely satisfied with everything.

Almost there.

Also added updated screenshots to the first post.

Download: XiStylev1.29.zip
RemmyX25

Xiaounlimited wrote:

Thanks for the ideas, Remmy. They're working out beautifully. Also, yes, I know I'm updating this extremely frequently, but as I keep working along, there always seems to be something that can be improved on. I think I'm reaching the point though, where I'm almost completely satisfied with everything.

Almost there.

Also added updated screenshots to the first post.
Anytime. I gave you ideas over IRC as well, did you get all of the messages?
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
I got the messages about the applause.wav and the text on the pause menu buttons. I'll work on those.

Download: mai kuraki - key to my heart (gowww) [Muya's Normal].osu
Nharox
Haha, I see my name. :) Great job with the SS and with the skin. I really like the "Sci-Fi" look. :P
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: XiStylev1.39.zip
James
I really love this skin, i think im not pro default anymore :D
good job on it btw.
Axel
Wow best theme i seen so far! :D
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
My life is complete. ;___;

Ahaha, but I don't know. I think it's pretty final, I can't find anything else I really want to change. I worked out all the kinks that really bothered me, and anything that remains would be so insignificant you wouldn't notice it during regular gameplay.

I think I'm happy to call it v1.39 FINAL.
machol30
NOW GO SKIN SPINNER-SPIN!! Once public release, of course. :oops:
James
My life is complete. ;___;
NO. Make another cool skin~ GO. <3
YoshiKart
On the S ranks, I kind of prefer "ZERO ERRORS" instead of "ZERO MISSES", that way, it sounds more like a computer rather than a computer judging a player.

Just my penny thrown it.

Still, cool skin nonetheless.
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
Zero "errors" would essentially mean NO errors; i.e. 50's and 100's. It would essentially be the "flawless" on SS.

"Misses" is more precise in that you literally did not hit a miss; because even if you break your combo on a slider, you can still achieve an S if you don't completely miss a beat.

Download: ZUN - Voyage 1969 (Sushi971) [Dagonpater's Hard].osu
YoshiKart
OK, then. Never mind. =P

Download: ONOFF - Rinne-Rondo (TV Size) (Slanox) [Easy].osu
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
This was supposed to be the final release, but with the new public beta adding spinner images, I had to add these (and a change to the spinner-osu for font consistency):

Download: XiStylev1.39.zip

Topic Starter
Xiao_old
Removing the "FINAL" label, because with so many new things coming, it's kind of useless labelling it final and having to update it.

I'm going to make some tweaks here and there, so there will be more releases.
KyokiBPM600
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
XiStyle v1.50
- Added button-left, button-middle and button-right.png.
- Added sliderpoint-10 and sliderpoint-30.png.
- Added buttons for flashlight mod and autoplay.
- Added comboburst.png.

Download: XiStylev1.50.zip
Kasada
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
Thanks for the feedback. Seems this skin is getting pretty popular, I'm seeing it around. Haha

XiStyle v1.56
- Sliderpoint10 and 30 renamed; there was a hyphen in there that shouldn't have been.
- Enlarged sliderpoint10 and 30.
- Added selection-selectoptions and selection-selectoptions-over.

I'll get some new screenshots soon.

Download: XiStylev1.56.rar
peppy
I hope you don't mind me adding this to osume last version! :).
Shirotora_old
Thanks for the quick response peppy =)
imperia_old
i love this skin. i've been using it for quiet a while and i just wanted to say thanks and good job.
xuzi56
This skin is my favorite so far out of what ive tried i think.

Really good job.
Diasios
Rinoa Angelo
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
I bet nobody here remembers me or this. :lol: In any case, I'm back for the time being so expect a massive update on this to be compatible with the latest version of Osu! I'm probably going to get back into playing since I have... pretty much nothing else to do other than gaming during the summer time.

Been playing a lot of Atlantica/Fallout 3/GTAIV/StepMania recently... I need more osu in my gaming diet
Starrodkirby86
holycrap it's you 0.0

It's already compatible enough with the latest version, but there are plenty of new items that needs to be skinned. ;) However, they're not in the templateskin (yet) and probably won't be until some Taiko doing...or whatever.

By the way, I saw your name on Danbooru or something of that nature, was that you? ;)
RemmyX25
HAI XIA!!!1
adam2046
Topic Starter
Xiao_old

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

holycrap it's you 0.0

It's already compatible enough with the latest version, but there are plenty of new items that needs to be skinned. ;) However, they're not in the templateskin (yet) and probably won't be until some Taiko doing...or whatever.

By the way, I saw your name on Danbooru or something of that nature, was that you? ;)
Yeah, looking through the game not too much has changed in terms of the original game (which I need to buttons for Spun Out and Auto Pilot). I was wondering though, will reskinning be supported soon if it isn't already for CTB?

And yes, I frequent Danbooru. 8)

[edit]
Never mind, found out. Will update what I see in a bit.
YoshiKart
Yesssss, Xiao is back. :P

Make more awesome skins. :D
show more