forum

[added] Show followpoint in Editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
crabovan
This feature can made switchable, like a option inside Editor, or stable, for easier determine of distance between objects without object picking. I think what it's can help for mappers and modders.
deadbeat
can't you just do a test play?
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
that will be too messy._.
Stefan

deadbeat wrote:

can't you just do a test play?
Why so complicated? It doesn't sounds so hard to implement it, and with a toggle, this would be pretty nice.
+1 Support
winber1
don't really see a point in this to be honest
Topic Starter
crabovan
Pereat for the blind:
This feature can made switchable, like a option inside Editor
deadbeat
oh i saw that you think it should be a toggle. but i think its just easier to test play anyway. then you can get a better feel for how well it plays. follow points mean nothing in editor to me anyway. only useful when your playing imo
Stefan

deadbeat wrote:

but i think its just easier to test play anyway.
Not every Mapper can play, as example Insane Diffs.
deadbeat
Hello Auto
Stefan
IMO Bad way to test.
deadbeat
how is watching auto playing the map any different to seeing the follow points in the editor?
in my opinion the auto is more useful. but again, just my opinion. others might agree with this idea. others might not.
Tshemmp

crabovan wrote:

for easier determine of distance between objects without object picking
Ehm... I can just look at two objects to determine the distance between them. I don't see how this would be useful.
Topic Starter
crabovan

Tshemmp wrote:

crabovan wrote:

for easier determine of distance between objects without object picking
Ehm... I can just look at two objects to determine the distance between them. I don't see how this would be useful.
You ≠ other people
deadbeat
just remember that the same can be said to you crabovan :/
Kurokami
Just use testplay. If you are unable to test it, use auto. If you think auto is sucks, well, maybe you are right, but at least better than followpoint in the editor.
Sakura
Not support, it's easier to determine the distance with the help of the grid.
mm201
Frankly, it's weird that they're missing. I could really use this to get a better sense of how things fit together, see how they'll ultimately look without test mode, and to catch mistakes like followpoint lines overlapping slider tracks.
Test mode isn't good enough since you can't pause/rewind/slow.
Azure_Kite
Implement pause/rewind/slow?
mm201
Too much effort.
D33d
I really want this to be a feature. It makes so much sense and it's very annoying when followpoints make patterns look like crap.
Stefan
Seems to be added.