forum

Rock Band 4 - hype and song requests

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TakuMii

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rock- ... announced/

...It's coming. Xbox One and PS4. All of the hype.

They're focused on improving the core experience (Guitar, Bass, [Pro] Drums, Mic) rather than adding new features that barely anyone used/cared about (that means no Pro Guitar, no Keyboard, no new instruments, etc). They're bringing backwards compatibility with old DLC, and working aggressively to bring backwards compatibility with old RB controllers. More info to be announced later.

OH AND THEY HAVE A SONG REQUEST FORM
http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/rock-band/request/
FOR THE LOVE OF HARUHI, EVERYONE REQUEST YOUR FAVOURITE J-ROCK SONGS
IF DU HAST CAN MAKE IT TO RB3, JAPANESE SONGS CAN MAKE IT TO RB4
or request english songs if that's not your thing
LET'S DO THIS
Rom
ill do it 4 u caus ur such a weebo
<3
Topic Starter
TakuMii
lol thanks bb <3
Nwolf
I want it for Wii U :C
Topic Starter
TakuMii

Nwolf wrote:

I want it for Wii U :C
I think Harmonix said it's not going to happen on Wii U unless there's a massive outcry for it to happen. There's not as many Wii Us out there compared to XB1s/PS4s, not to mention that there might be complications with bringing over old DLC to the new console due to the Wii's Nintendo WFC service shutting down.

In all honesty, I'd absolutely LOVE if they could work with Microsoft to bring it to the PC, but I feel like that's even less likely to happen than a Wii U version.
Gumpy
I would care if it was on PC as I don't have money or time to spend on a PS4/XB1.
I have rock band 2 on PS3 probably the only rhythm game before osu! for me.
Nameless
I'll buy it if it comes to PC.
Well... time to spam requests.
SirRiK
I so have to get this game .... Would equal me buying a new console, possibly new instruments although I already have 3 guitars + 2 mics from previous Guitar Heros' and Rock Bands' and the game itself ... :cry:
Topic Starter
TakuMii

pl4sticheart wrote:

I so have to get this game .... Would equal me buying a new console, possibly new instruments although I already have 3 guitars + 2 mics from previous Guitar Heros' and Rock Bands' and the game itself ... :cry:
Hey, they're trying to work with MS/Sony to get old instruments to work, so you could just buy a drum kit and another mic, and you'll have a complete set :P
SirRiK

YayMii wrote:

pl4sticheart wrote:

Hey, they're trying to work with MS/Sony to get old instruments to work, so you could just buy a drum kit and another mic, and you'll have a complete set :P
If I ever even manage to scrounge up so much money then I seriously hope so ... :o
Behon
First info and some screens are out: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/04/ ... -ign-first

Curious to see what the RPG approach to the main campaign they're hinting at.
Topic Starter
TakuMii
I'm actually really curious as to how the new Hard and Expert difficulties will work. Being rewarded for making up your own harmonies sounds like a really cool idea.
And I'm glad that they're taking out the freestyle drum fills; nobody I know is able to drum out impressive fills on-the-fly, so it should help a bit for the rest of the band. I had fills disabled in RB3 anyways, so having them pre-mapped and randomized sounds like an interesting compromise.

And I really should pick up a TB:RB or RB2 drum kit sometime... I really want to give Pro Drums a try.
Aireu
g
Ninmi
Really excited for this, even thought after playing Osu!, I kind of wish it would have some of the stuff Osu! has. Like the very tight community integration, with a built-in irc client, spectating friends or good players and an actually properly functioning leaderboard. Keeping track of scores in scorehero was a big part of what gave Guitar Hero longetivity for me.

And I really wish it was for PC.
ElliottB1
Maybe a guitar cover of a completely different genre than rock?
Topic Starter
TakuMii

ElliottB1 wrote:

Maybe a guitar cover of a completely different genre than rock?
It doesn't really need to have rock to be in a Rock Band game :P
They have plenty of non-rock songs in there already (for example: Bob Marley, Rick Astley, Carly Rae Jepsen... heck they even have Spongebob in the game lol)