forum

[duplicate] A group chat system inside of osu!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
-CD
I've had this idea for a couple weeks and these Ideas will bring Joy to the whole osu! community.
My Idea was to have group chat without having to go inside of multiplayer or only talking to 4 people when you all want to chat at once.
This is a great idea because if someone is doing something in In-Game Chat that is not acceptable to the community, the Global Moderators could click a button that says add {username} to that group chat and then they could schedule a reasonable time for when he/she should get muted for. Also this could be used in case someone is live streaming osu!, wants to chat with some buddies, or needs to talk to more than one admin without having to leave the current chat that they are in. This being created would make almost every single osu! player happy and not have to worry about 30+ chats going on each. Why have 30 chats when you could have 30 people in one party or group discussions. Also, if all the Moderators and Developers wanted to talk to each other and some don't want to back out of osu!, Click Google Chrome, and go to osu.ppy.sh, then start up a chat, then invite everyone. That's way too much work. Now for my way: Click Start group chat (button) on their name and then invite everyone else that you want to invite. 2 steps or 5 steps. 2 steps sounds easier to me. and it won't take an extra program just to talk to 5 people or you can have about 20 max players in your group chat. Next, there should be a Moderator or an Owner for that chat or party. No one likes people who spam chat so if they do the owner should be able to kick them or ban them from the party. I personally love this game and wish the best for it so, putting this inside of your game would be a fantastic thing for you guys to do. If a Global Moderator or a Developer made it this far then I really appreciate it :D and make sure you spread the word because this is a great idea made by jayjayfres. Keep up the good work osu!
Also if ya have the time Devs. Could you please say this was my idea and not take it. It mean the WORLD to me honestly. - jayjayfres
Bara-
Ephemeral
this would be a logistical nightmare to oversee properly

probably not worth the effort

this was jayjayfres' idea and we did not take it
Topic Starter
-CD

jayjayfres wrote:

I've had this idea for a couple weeks and these Ideas will bring Joy to the whole osu! community.
My Idea was to have group chat without having to go inside of multiplayer or only talking to 4 people when you all want to chat at once.
This is a great idea because if someone is doing something in In-Game Chat that is not acceptable to the community, the Global Moderators could click a button that says add {username} to that group chat and then they could schedule a reasonable time for when he/she should get muted for. Also this could be used in case someone is live streaming osu!, wants to chat with some buddies, or needs to talk to more than one admin without having to leave the current chat that they are in. This being created would make almost every single osu! player happy and not have to worry about 30+ chats going on each. Why have 30 chats when you could have 30 people in one party or group discussions. Also, if all the Moderators and Developers wanted to talk to each other and some don't want to back out of osu!, Click Google Chrome, and go to osu.ppy.sh, then start up a chat, then invite everyone. That's way too much work. Now for my way: Click Start group chat (button) on their name and then invite everyone else that you want to invite. 2 steps or 5 steps. 2 steps sounds easier to me. and it won't take an extra program just to talk to 5 people or you can have about 20 max players in your group chat. Next, there should be a Moderator or an Owner for that chat or party. No one likes people who spam chat so if they do the owner should be able to kick them or ban them from the party. I personally love this game and wish the best for it so, putting this inside of your game would be a fantastic thing for you guys to do. If a Global Moderator or a Developer made it this far then I really appreciate it :D and make sure you spread the word because this is a great idea made by jayjayfres. Keep up the good work osu!
Also if ya have the time Devs. This was also an Idea by deadbeat. It mean the WORLD to me honestly. - jayjayfres
Topic Starter
-CD

jayjayfres wrote:

jayjayfres wrote:

This is a great idea because if someone is doing something in In-Game Chat that is not acceptable to the community, the Global Moderators could click a button that says add {username} to that group chat and then they could schedule a reasonable time for when he/she should get muted for. Also this could be used in case someone is live streaming osu!, wants to chat with some buddies, or needs to talk to more than one admin without having to leave the current chat that they are in. This being created would make almost every single osu! player happy and not have to worry about 30+ chats going on each. Why have 30 chats when you could have 30 people in one party or group discussions. Also, if all the Moderators and Developers wanted to talk to each other and some don't want to back out of osu!, Click Google Chrome, and go to osu.ppy.sh, then start up a chat, then invite everyone. That's way too much work. Now for my way: Click Start group chat (button) on their name and then invite everyone else that you want to invite. 2 steps or 5 steps. 2 steps sounds easier to me. and it won't take an extra program just to talk to 5 people or you can have about 20 max players in your group chat. Next, there should be a Moderator or an Owner for that chat or party. No one likes people who spam chat so if they do the owner should be able to kick them or ban them from the party. I personally love this game and wish the best for it so, putting this inside of your game would be a fantastic thing for you guys to do. If a Global Moderator or a Developer made it this far then I really appreciate it :D . Keep up the good work osu!
Also if ya have the time Devs. This was also an Idea by deadbeat. It mean the WORLD to me honestly. - jayjayfres
Bara-
Please don'g quote yourself to uselessly bump marked threads (and duble post)