forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Mania- Chat shows up if the last note(s) is a hold.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Noffy
Problem Details:

When using the chat and it is set to automatically hide during gameplay, it usually does this properly. However, at the end of a mania map, if the final note(s) is a hold note, the chat console will pop up during them as if the song is over. This is distracting and can interfere with gameplay.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Excuse my beginner mania skills but here's a video of it:

You can see how it acts normally in the beginning, hiding automatically as it should, and throughout the gameplay hiding as it should, only to show up once the final sliders are in action and there are no other note beginnings to be hit.

osu! version: b20150203.7
Nathanael
I tried on the same map, and it's the same. I'll try another map just in case.

Edit: It's not the same at other maps but I guess it's because of that pattern at the last part.
Topic Starter
Noffy
Ah, is that so? There was another map I know where this also happens, but I can't seem to find it.. (I'll keep trying)
Blaizer
It happens on maps where the last hit object, in terms of its start time, is not the hit object with the latest end time. This is only possible for mania, because it can have multiple hit objects going at the same time, unlike the other modes. Thanks for reporting, I'll fix this.
Nathanael
Then I'll confirm this to get pinned.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix chat un-auto-hiding before the end of the last note. (Blaizer)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150227.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.