I wanna know what everyone else thinks comment which one you think is better :D
Also someone suggest a good anime to watch >u<
Vaporwave
1, ofc.
leepdesu
none, cuz SAO sux

someone is gonna kill me for this
Green Platinum
There's really not enough difference between them and picking one would suggest I even acknowledge them as being some kind of success.

All the arcs feel like a middle schooler played an MMORPG and then wrote a narrative for their character in English class or w/e. This is extremely evident in the villains who are pretty much all deranged sociopaths except for the villain of SAO who didn't even have a motivation at all with the "I forgot why a long time ago" (Despite developing the technology and game for years). While the rest of the male characters are just there to be goofy.

All the female characters are typical harem love the leading man crap. While Asuna and Sinion were good initially they both lost their spark as soon as Asuna was kidnapped for ALO and Sinion began crying into Kirito's arms in GGO. The love stories people love to applaud feel disingenous and pretty much like Stockholm syndrome.

The series in general doesn't have any apparent themes either, something that distinguishes between something well written and something poorly written. No kind of ethical and technology based theme is anywhere to be found at least Log horizon is willing to ask about what are the implications of things, another critical thing that SAO fails to ask.

itzryzo wrote:

Also someone suggest a good anime to watch >u<
Go to the appropriate thread for this
Mofu kun
sao is not good

so I choose aldnoah zero season 1
Dranembo
I prefer the first season more than the second. It kind of went downhill from Season One for me.
AutoMedic
sao joke
TWO YEARS OF SEMEN CONDENSED INTO TWO SEASONS

SAO has been a dissapointing ride since the 2012. It went downhill pretty fast because of the ALO arc. Oh and lets not forget the horrors of GGO. (I gave GGO a chance last few seasons ago but I can't stand that shit anymore).

Should you watch sao?

Episodes 1- 14= Yes
The rest= DONT
Green Platinum

AutoMedic wrote:

Episodes 1- 14= Yes
The rest= DONT
The SAO arc isn't even that great either tho
[-Sneaky-]
I don't like SAO, but I had to choose, I'd choose first season, ofc.
-Nya-
If you don't like SAO then just don't post here.

I'll say the first season, definitely.
[-Sneaky-]

-Nya- wrote:

If you don't like SAO then just don't post here.
But I can, right? :)
-Nya-
@Madziaku: Well, you at least named a season. I'm talking about the people that just says it sucks or give a long explanation of how it sucks. The thread asks what season, so SAO haters is not welcome.
DeletedUser_3473174
-
Gumpy
if i was forced to watch it I would choose s1

Mofu kun wrote:

sao is not good
Flanster
First season was lightyears better. Also second season's plot and ending was awful. Won't be coming back for S3.
lemonguy
Seeing as I quit halfway through S2, S1 is better. They're both bad though.
-Annie
none
ACBlackJ0ck
Both suck but season 1 is least sucky. Stupid how they completely abandoned the Death Gun problem halfway through the second season
Renevant
I personally liked the first arc of both series a lot. The first season definitely beats the second if you're comparing the two, but they're both pretty decent seasons.

Please don't cry.
you should just change the name to: "Which SAO sucks more?" , because there are more people vocal about why they dislike the mainstream anime than there are of those who are in favor of it.
AutoMedic

Renevant wrote:

I personally liked the first arc of both series a lot. The first season definitely beats the second if you're comparing the two, but they're both pretty decent seasons.

Please don't cry.
you should just change the name to: "Which SAO sucks more?" , because there are more people vocal about why they dislike the mainstream anime than there are of those who are in favor of it.
Because everyone hates sao here, right?

You're all fucking liars. Hypocrites. Just admit that some of the people who said it sucked, believe me that when I say to them that they jizzed at this anime
leepdesu

AutoMedic wrote:

You're all fucking liars.
You got me. Season 1 was good. I was actually part of the hype until Fairy arc.
Green Platinum

AutoMedic wrote:

If you think SAO is good I'm all ears for your reasons but this kind of comment isn't helping your cause.
I put forward my reasons as to why I dislike the series (and think others should too) now justify your position.
-Nya-
Ugh! Why does everyone dislike SAO so much? Is it really that bad?
Does no-one think Kirito and Asuna are so cute together?
Come on, guys. Of course every anime has its low points, but they have their great moments as well. Don't tell me that SAO had no good points, cuz then you're plainly lying.

Renevant

AutoMedic wrote:

You're all fucking liars. Hypocrites. Just admit that some of the people who said it sucked, believe me that when I say to them that they jizzed at this anime
I guess i could've worded my post a little better, but it seems you have the same opinion as me. People are more willing to be vocal about how they dislike a popular anime than they are of liking it. Everyone just wants to jump on the bandwagon hate train involving any main stream anime, even if they feel differently about it. And those who do willing state they like the anime have to worry about the bandwagon replies that come with it. One post about liking the anime and you get an essay on why the anime sucks. Which could literally be done with any anime, anyone's favorite anime. Maybe im making too many assumptions of other people, but this is what it seems like to me. Don't take it personal if you feel any of this applies to you.

-Nya- wrote:

Ugh! Why does everyone dislike SAO so much? Is it really that bad?
Does no-one think Kirito and Asuna are so cute together?
Come on, guys. Of course every anime has its low points, but they have their great moments as well. Don't tell me that SAO had no good points, cuz then you're plainly lying.

It's a great anime series. Hopefully your opinion of it is never swayed by random people on osu!.

-Nya-

Renevant wrote:

AutoMedic wrote:

I guess i could've worded my post a little better, but it seems you have the same opinion as me. People are more willing to be vocal about how they dislike a popular anime than they are of liking it. Everyone just wants to jump on the bandwagon hate train involving any main stream anime, even if they feel differently about it. And those who do willing state they like the anime have to worry about the bandwagon replies that come with it. One post about liking the anime and you get an essay on why the anime sucks. Which could literally be done with any anime, anyone's favorite anime. Maybe im making too many assumptions of other people, but this is what it seems like to me. Don't take it personal if you feel any of this applies to you.
Yeah, I thought the same thing for a while now. I mean, SAO was very popular, and it was the first real anime I watched and when I watched it I thought it was absolutely great. The idea of being stuck in a virtual death game, the romance is not overrated and very cute, and the characters are likeable; I didn't have any problems with them. (Why would you? Except some of the villians of course, but they aren't supposed to be likable in any case; that's the whole point of being a villian, you have to think: "Agh, can someone please kill this guy already.") I was quite shocked when so many badmouthed it. Hehe, I don't even know what's a good or bad anime anymore. :P
Renevant

-Nya- wrote:

Yeah, I thought the same thing for a while now. I mean, SAO was very popular, and it was the first real anime I watched and when I watched it I thought it was absolutely great. The idea of being stuck in a virtual death game, the romance is not overrated and very cute, and the characters are likeable; I didn't have any problems with them. (Why would you? Except some of the villians of course, but they aren't supposed to be likable in any case; that's the whole point of being a villain, you have to think: "Agh, can someone please kill this guy already.") I was quite shocked when so many badmouthed it. Hehe, I don't even know what's a good or bad anime anymore. :P
Yup yup. The romance was very cute and rather natural, compared to other anime. It was paced, funny, and cute, which made it enjoyable to watch. The villains were villains: serious villains that left you anxious and satisfied when they were defeated.

With every anime, there are people saying its good or bad. I've found that i've agreed and liked with the majority of ratings on MAL and use that as a way of determining which anime i want to watch next.
-Nya-
What's MAL?
Renevant
http://myanimelist.net/

It's great for tracking which anime you've seen as well, especially if you've seen a lot of series and cant remember which ones.
-Nya-
Oh yeah.
Thanks~
AutoMedic

Green Platinum wrote:

AutoMedic wrote:

If you think SAO is good I'm all ears for your reasons but this kind of comment isn't helping your cause.
I put forward my reasons as to why I dislike the series (and think others should too) now justify your position.
I'm not justifying your point I'm just saying that some of the people here are too much of a hypocrite and just jumped in the hate wagon FOR NO GOOD APPARENT REASON

Did I rustled some, good sire?
AutoMedic
Also did you even read my whole post. The first sentence was aarcasm mate, no need to go all-out firing shrapnels to me again
Green Platinum

AutoMedic wrote:

I'm just saying that some of the people here are too much of a hypocrite and just jumped in the hate wagon FOR NO GOOD APPARENT REASON

Did I rustled some, good sire?
I think it's just because people really suck at saying why they like/hate things. It's not just SAO and it's extremely evident in the favourite anime threads and the anime you hate/refuse to watch threads.
A Cynical Asian
Hmph, Sword Art Online's first season was obviously much better.

The SAO, ALO, and GGO arcs actually had some sort of stakes in them, usually involving the death/rape/kidnapping/whatever of the main female character per arc. Not fantastic, but at least they were watchable. I did enjoy them.

The Mother's Rosario arc was just laughable. The series took itself way too seriously and became completely pretentious.

Eh, overall, I did like SAO (both S1 and S2, don't judge me) but it's far from being the best anime I've ever seen. Light years away.
Green Platinum
From what I've heard the point of the Mother's Rosario arc was there to establish technology.
Since Kirito ends up in a coma or something

-Nya- wrote:

Except some of the villians of course, but they aren't supposed to be likable in any case; that's the whole point of being a villain, you have to think: "Agh, can someone please kill this guy already.
Maybe in a fairytale, but really if the characters really existed I'd see SAO as propaganda. A villian should exist to demonstrate why the world is grey, not black and white. Both Deathnote and Code Geass do this very well, we can see inside their heads and relate with both points of view. With SAO however the villians resemble punching bags with faces drawn on.

Renevant wrote:

The romance was very cute and rather natural, compared to other anime.
I guess if you use other shounen and harem series as your standard.
-Nya-

Green Platinum wrote:

From what I've heard the point of the Mother's Rosario arc was there to establish technology.
Since Kirito ends up in a coma or something
It wasn't Kirito, it was Asuna. The antagonist hacked the system or something and delibaretely caused Asuna to be trapped in another game, since he was a bit sick in the brain.

Green Platinum wrote:

Renevant wrote:

The romance was very cute and rather natural, compared to other anime.
I guess if you use other shounen and harem series as your standard.
I don't see SAO as a harem . . . that's not what the series is about at all.
Tari
I don't think you'll understand SAO 2 , if you haven't seen SAO 1.
show more