forum

How to fix Huion 420/H420/osutablet! on Linux

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IvanDSM
So you finally were able to run osu! on Wine using Espionage724's guide, you plug in your osutablet!/Huion 420/H420 tablet and WTF?!?! Your area is only 1/5 of the screen! How are you supposed to play it??

This happens because a conflict with the built-in kernel drivers. To solve the issue, do the following:

1. Download the digimend-kernel-drivers tarball here.

2. Extract the tarball somewhere easy to type.

3. Open up a Terminal window and go to the tarball directory.

4. Make sure you have your kernel headers. I'm using Xubuntu 14.04 and they came built-in.

5. Unplug your tablet.

6. Type the following commands on the terminal window (for newbies, you shouldn't type the $, they're just here for easier understanding of the lines):
$ make
$ make install
$ rmmod hid-huion

7. Plug in your tablet. It should be working full area now. I don't know yet how to change the tablet's area yet, but as soon as i find out i will update this post immediately.

8. Have fun tapping circles!
Comkid
TN: anyone who has 3.17 (check using uname -r) installed already doesn't need to manually compile and install the drivers as they come included

https://github.com/ademan/xrestrict is a tool that I've found that lets you restrict input devices to a specific monitor for those using more than one (and potentially in future, someone could look into tablet area or mapping the whole tablet to a certain part of the screen) using the command xrestrict -I and selecting the monitor you want to restrict it to with the input device (tablet in this case)
Espionage724
- Kernels older than 3.17 need the huion-driver

- Kernels 3.17 and higher already have the driver built-in

- Restricting the tablet to a specific monitor can be done with the command xinput map-to-output ID SCREEN

ID can be found by using the first ID shown for the HUION device listed by typing xinput (by itself)
SCREEN can be found by looking after typing xrandr (by itself)

Example: xinput map-to-output 10 HDMI-0

Edit: If you see 3-5 different HUION devices like so after typing xinput:

⎡ Virtual core pointer                    	id=2	[master pointer  (3)]
⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ Areson USB Device id=8 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ Areson USB Device id=9 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ HUION Consumer Control id=11 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ HUION Pen id=14 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ HUION Mouse id=15 [slave pointer (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)]
↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Power Button id=6 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Power Button id=7 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard id=10 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ HUION Keyboard id=12 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ HUION System Control id=13 [slave keyboard (3)]

Use HUION Pen's ID (14 in the above output).
ThePooN

Espionage724 wrote:

- Kernels older than 3.17 need the huion-driver

- Kernels 3.17 and higher already have the driver built-in

- Restricting the tablet to a specific monitor can be done with the command xinput map-to-output ID SCREEN

ID can be found by using the first ID shown for the HUION device listed by typing xinput (by itself)
SCREEN can be found by looking after typing xrandr (by itself)

Example: xinput map-to-output 10 HDMI-0
Long time that I didn't use my osu!tablet on Linux but I remember that the correct one wasn't each time the first. But if you use the wrong ID with xinput, don't worry this won't do anything. Just try with another one.