forum

Slider mouse button harshness... [Answered] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
TiZ
I often find (and I found it very frequently while playing Unknown Orchestra just now) that while doing sliders, if I let the mouse button (or z, x, ctrl, space, what have you... z in my case) go even an instant before the slider finishes, my entire combo goes in the toilet. I'm sure I can adjust myself as needed, but I'm just wondering if it's really necessary to be that harsh with this. The start of the slider doesn't require such deadly accuracy... why should the end?
awp
The end always counts as a beat. I'm not sure how the sliders work in osu!, but in Ouendan, if you're feeling adventurous, you can actually untap and retap the ball while doing a slider without suffering any consequences so long as it doesn't pass over one of those little circles during the slide untouched. The end of a slider counts as one of those little circle things; if you're not holding it down it just won't register...I don't really see how it's an issue, or that it's harsh, myself. There's no harm in overkilling a hold, so there isn't even a sense of timing, really.
Kylecito
haha i play to tap z-x-control like mad over a slider to see if i can get it right
and most times i do!
eyup

awp wrote:

I'm not sure how the sliders work in osu!, but in Ouendan, if you're feeling adventurous, you can actually untap and retap the ball while doing a slider without suffering any consequences so long as it doesn't pass over one of those little circles during the slide untouched. The end of a slider counts as one of those little circle things; if you're not holding it down it just won't register...I don't really see how it's an issue, or that it's harsh, myself. There's no harm in overkilling a hold, so there isn't even a sense of timing, really.
You're pretty much spot on there - and osu! does the same thing. I've accidentally released the mouse button a few times during sliders but saved it by clicking again before reaching one of those evil little tick marks.
Topic Starter
TiZ
Mkay. I was just wondering about that. Guess I need to get better, then. Thanks for the replies.