forum

Greetings from the land of Haggis, Whiskey, and Kilts!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zanaku
Hey there, nice to meet you all.

'Name is Zanaku, and I hail from the frigid isles of Great Britain, more specifically, Scotland.

I had seen Osu! on youtube and things before, but never really looked into playing it myself. I'm not sure if the name of the game was even mentioned in half the videos.

But then I was looking through some lists of april fools mods to websites, and happened across osu!. And I thought, hey, why the hell not. It's the start of my frikkin' easter holidays, I've got time to kill.

Somewhat foolishly I tried to start on normal songs, and quickly found that I was particularly bad at the whole hitting beats component. Ie, the game.

While I don't wish to incur the wrath of the internet for using this analogy, it reminds me of touhou. You see all these people acing insane, and think "how hard can it be?", then you sit down with the game and you cry yourself to sleep that night after barely completing easy.

So I've been working my way through the basics, getting my feet in the water, seeing how it goes. I've downloaded a couple beginner packs just to get started, and HOPEFULLY I'll be up to speed(literally) in not too long.

Maybe I'll get to play some people online, make some friends and what have you.

*looks at post*

I have far too much time on my hands. That is a beast of an intro.

TL;DR: Hi, I'm Zanaku. LET'S PLAY OSU!
Yingwu
Welcomes and hope you'll enjoy your stay :3
Guy-kun

noxie wrote:

Welcomes and hope you'll enjoy your stay :3
You SO thought tl;dr
*says default Hi message*

[edit]
reads
TL;DR: Hi, I'm Zanaku. LET'S PLAY OSU!
:3 hi~
RandomJibberish
None of those things actually originate from scotland, but welcome all the same :P
Topic Starter
Zanaku

RandomJibberish wrote:

None of those things actually originate from scotland, but welcome all the same :P
I wondered if anyone would question that. ;D

yeah, they may not originate from Scotland, but it's sure known for them anyway. XD
bmin11
Hi. A welcome from East Asia~
Ya, osu! is not a easy game to start off, but as soon as you reach the certain point, you will gain much more skills then you would imagine in a short period.
I know some people playing [Insane]s while they were only able to play [Normal]s a month before
Guy-kun
Rank 200,000 > 970 in 4months~
things increase exponentially ^.^
Faust

Guy-kun wrote:

Rank 200,000 > 970 in 4months~
things increase exponentially ^.^
Now that you mention it, you're doing pretty well.
MMzz
HI :3

I think I got good Taiko Skills pretty fast.
Noob to pro in a month.
Refering to I signed up Last day of June, FCed "Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu" mid august. But w/e
Lunah_old
heyyy welcome :D