forum

osu! chess

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Trash Boat

Welcome partners, to the revolution of Forum Games, osu! chess! You may be familiarized with this game, or not. Either way, I'll explain it to you. This game will follow some rules of the traditional version, along with rules of my own.
Here's the explanation:

Traditional rules
The board of the game will consist in a 8 x 8 grid area. 32 pieces will be used in total(16 each). The initial position of the pieces must be the following:

The possesor of the white pieces will start first, thus granting it a little advantage. YOU CAN MOVE ONLY 1 PIECE PER TURN. It's not possible for 2 pieces to be placed in the same square, only 1 per square. You can't move a piece to a square already occupied by another piece of your own, but you can move it if that square is occupied by an enemy piece. Each piece has its own way to move through the board, and this is kept through the entire game, including the special moves, such as castling and En passant.
The ways the pieces can move through the board are the following:
Tower: The tower can move back and forth through the board in orthogonal directions, that means, along with the rows and columns. The tower may move as many squares as you like, but only in 1 direction per move.
Bishop: The bishop uses the same mechanic as the Tower, except that the bishop can only move diagonally, along with the squares of its respective colour. There's the White Square Bishop and the Black Square Bishop, neither of those can switch colours during the game.
Queen: The queen can move in any direction and as many squares as you like, but only 1 direction per move. The queen uses the same mechanics as the other pieces, except fot the horse.
King: The king can move in any direction but only 1 square per move, as long as that square is out of reach of your opponent pieces.
Horse: The horse has an unique mechanic. It can move in a "L" motion. That means, 2 squares horizontally/vertically, then 1 square vertically/horizontally and viceversa. The horse can "jump" over both your own pieces and your opponent's while it moves. The horse is the only piece capable of such thing.
Pawn: The pawn can move 1 square forward. From its initial position, you have the option to move 2 squares forward instead of 1. This applies to all pawns. The pawn can't move backwards, left or right.

Special Moves 1/2: Castling
The Castling consists in moving the King 2 squares towards 1 of your Towers, then moving that Tower to the last square the King has crossed, thus locating it next to the King. The castling is allowed under certain conditions:
-Neither the King nor the Tower must have been moved previously(This also applies when you have moved any of those pieces then returned to its original position)
-At least 1 Tower must be in its original position, along with the King.
-Both the trajectory and the end of the castling must be out of reach of your opponent's pieces when moving the King. It's ok when moving the Tower, as long as you are using a Long Castling.
-There must be no pieces between the King and the Tower, both yours of your opponent's.
-The King and the Tower must be in the same row.
-There are 2 types of Castling: Short Castling and Long Castling
-The short castling consists in moving the king towards the nearest tower you have.
-The long castling, however, consists in moving the king towards the farthest tower you have(In this case, that Tower moves 3 squares instead of 2)

Promotion
When a pawn reaches the 8th row, in the opposite side of the field, you have to change it for a Queen, Tower, Horse or Bishop of your same colour. This is not limited to the pieces of your own that has been previously "defeated".

Special rules
Instead of 2 players, this version will require 2 teams of 6 players, each player will use the piece of your choice. The player that chooses the pawn will control all pawns, the one that choose tower will control Towers, and so on. The "first come, first serve" rule will apply here, so hurry. The action in this version will consist in "mini-battles", that means, when the conditions are met, a battle will occur. In the traditional version, you proceed to "defeat" your opponent's piece by moving your own piece to that square, as long as your piece can move there legally. In this version, each piece will have a certain amount of HP(Health Ponits) and BP(Battle Points). The HP is the piece's life, when that piece's HP reaches zero, that piece is K.O. and it must be removed the board. The BP is your piece's attack power. The player whose turn is the current is the attacker, and the player whose turn is not the current is the defender. When you proceed to attack an opponent's piece, you have to move your piece to a square next to your opponent's piece, accord to the piece you are moving. If you plan to attack with a Horse, the opponent's piece must at the last square of the "L". The piece you want to attack must be in your way, it can't be in an adyacent square to your path. However, the pawn can attack a piece that's both in front of it or in a diagonal-adjacent square. When the battle occurs, calculate the amount of your piece's BP and compare it with the amount of the defender's piece HP. If the amount of BP is equal or higher than the HP, that piece is K.O. and your piece proceeds to move to that square. But if the amount of BP is lower than the HP, that piece survives and counter-attacks. The owner of the counter-attack piece must do the same procedure. The defender's piece cannot move to the attacker's piece square though. The pieces will remain in those squares until the next turn if none of them has been defeated.

Special Moves 2/2: En passant
En passant is a special pawn capture, that requires your opponent's pawn moving 2 squares forward from its initial position. If it had moved 1 square, that pawn could have the risk of being captured by your opponent's pawn. When an En passant occurs, the pawn that's adjacent to your opponent's pawn must move to the square behind that pawn. If you do, that pawn is captured. Or in this case, it counts as an instant K.O. The conditions for an en passant are the following:
-The capturing pawn must be on its fifth row
-The captured pawn must be on an adjacent file and must have just moved two squares in a single move (i.e. a double-step move)
-The capture can only be made on the move immediately after the opposing pawn makes the double-step move; otherwise the right to capture it en passant is lost.
Display of an En passant:

Win Conditions
The conditions for victory must be at least 1 of the following:
-The King must be defeated
-The last piece that your opponent has in play is the King

QuickTopic links will be created for discussion and strategy, along with additional rules that are exclusive to the teams and only to the teams.

Let the game begin!
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
Registrations are open! Sign-in now!

Team 1:
King: Louis13(UNITED KINGDOM)
Queen: beeboy123(CANADA)
Bishop: Sonatora(PHILIPPINES)
Knight: B1rd(AUSTRALIA)
Rook: Kurogamii(INDONESIA)
Pawn:

Team 2:
King:
Queen: MoF10(CANADA)
Bishop: Rio-(INDONESIA)
Knight: Trauter(POLAND)
Rook: yurunneram(SINGAPORE)
Pawn: slithien(UNITED KINGDOM)
beeboy123
I'll play as a queen for either team
slithien
Could I be a pawn for team 2? I suck at chess so If I screw up the pawn it won't matter too much >.<
Trauter
Horse in team 2 o/
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
added
AutoMedic
Bishop at White

time to screw up games
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
added, but I'll decide which team will get the White pieces
B1rd
calling knights horses really/
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
oh, Knights was it?
/facepalm(correcting)
B1rd
at least you didn't call the pawns prawns. then I will be in command the knights of team 1~
Rio-
/in

Bishop - Team 2
yurunneram
rook (tower) team 2
Jing Yuan
queen for team 2

if it is available
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
4 slots available! hurry up!
beeboy123
Can I be king on team 2 now?
Lyubey
I wanna apply :-P Could I be the king for team 1 please :-)
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
3 slots remaining! Hurry!
Kurogamii
/in
rook team 1
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
slithien
come on people, we've waited ages now :(
AutoMedic
there's alot of retarded people here in this subforum so you can't blame them