forum

Does anyone know what the interface is made with?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
damipereira
Hi, I've just started playing and was impressed about the interface (main menu mostly). I do some programming and love nice interfaces, does anyone know what it's made with? is there a .net library for 3d smooth interfaces like this? or is it mostly custom graphics and effects very carefully polished?

Thanks for any information.
leepdesu
I'm no expert but you should read up skinning on the osu!wiki and skinning forums.
Tom94

damipereira wrote:

Hi, I've just started playing and was impressed about the interface (main menu mostly). I do some programming and love nice interfaces, does anyone know what it's made with? is there a .net library for 3d smooth interfaces like this? or is it mostly custom graphics and effects very carefully polished?

Thanks for any information.
There is no 3rd party library involved in the interface. Movement is nicely encapsulated which allows us to easily add all sorts of easing with next to no code overhead. "Elastic" is for instance used for the buttons in the main menu.

Things like the parallax effect, the visualization, flashes, bouncing with the BPM, high detail sprites and so on are all manually crafted on top.