forum

Mode like DJMax Technika

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +34
Topic Starter
agscala
In case you guys don't know about DJMax Technika, it's a rhythm game made by Pentavision. It's an arcade game, which is played on a multitouch screen.

Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxlU0vW0JbA

It's a bit different than Osu, but on the other hand it seems like Osu is the only project that would be really appropriate to implement considering the similarities between the two.

The biggest issue is that Technika requires multitouch, but multitouch on laptops is becoming the standard so it may seem more and more feasible to play as these laptops become more ubiquitous.
Archangel Tirael
Requested and invalided many times beacause technika requairs touchscreen with multi-touch support. Playing technika on mouse or tablet is impossible. Try type in beatmap search "Osuka" and disable all filters. Try it! ;)
TheVileOne
Osuka has a good chance of making it into the game actually. This game looks similar to it. I'd rather have touhousu though.
jemhuntr
yep. not for osu!. And that is why you play technika and osu! at the same time :3
I'd also prefer having touhousu. Technika was made for touchscreen devices, osu! was made for pointing devices. (even though some people use touchscreen for osu!, most people will not be able to enjoy it the way they do when they play actual technika)
oh btw, you're talking about Blythe (Osuka). There's also airwave (osuka) but I haven't tried that since I never actually finished Blythe decently.
Sakura
why not play osu!stream instead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNXvQbbohho
blissfulyoshi

Sakura wrote:

why not play osu!stream instead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNXvQbbohho
One of the biggest differences between osu!stream and technika is that technika does not support jumps of any nature. Technika's difficulty comes from amount of notes and speed of those notes, so it provides a different type of challenge than osu!stream. This allows for very fundamentally different gameplay.

However, I will not give my support to this request for a few reasons.
1) Most computers do not have multiple presses/touch support. This Severely decreases the audience that can play the technika mode. Technika is not that fun with a mouse, and to have any map more complicated than blythe, you will either need to have a ridiculous speed like D2 (for the most part, you could do the easier diffs with 1 finger right?) or have 2 notes at once (almost every other difficult technika map).
2) Technika is not fun without the large 22 inch touchscreen. The Psp version of technika has only a fraction of the enjoyment of the original with its small screen and lack of need to move your fingers really quickly from one half of the screen to the other
3) How will you convert for the various note types? There are more note types in technika than there are in osu!, so I don't feel conversion will go well

If you want to write a port for a mobile device, go right ahead, but for integration into the main computer version, I would say no.
jemhuntr

blissfulyoshi wrote:

2) Technika is not fun without the large 22 inch touchscreen.
hell yeaahhhhhhhh
das312
Bump, because Tablet PCs and touchscreens are becoming more and more common nowadays. There is someone who played a DJMaxTechnika-ish map on Youtube on a Tablet PC as osu!std (Can't give link, on my 3DS rn, sorry).

As for the nontouchscreen players, I think that there is a similarity with osu! when one and only one circle matches with the line passing through/judgment line-ish thing (A map separation system would be nice for this.).

Note conversions? Repeat notes could be short/long/both depending on the repeat note itself. Chain, Drags and Holds could be long notes, Normal notes could be the short notes. For taiko, it could have a individual value system to determine whether it is red/blue. The long ones could be the yellows. For CTB, it could be depending on whether it's placed on the upper/lower portion and have it fall on the left/right side of the screen. Mania could be similar to CTB placing, and for standard, it would probably retain, with changes like "flattening", where long notes and short notes are turned into one, with long notes being dominant over short. The longer the long note, the higher the value. On hold notes that span both screens, that is solvable through making it a repeating slider.

I think what most are after is the separate ranking system, and I believe that this will be a serious project in a few years due to technology advancing and all, but touhosu will be the one worked on before this, since it's MUCH simpler, but I'd like to see more hope for this.

We could have a Cytus-ish game if this is completed.

Anyways, bump. (^^;)