forum

[invalid] High score charts for unranked maps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
Ok we all know there are tons of maps that are well mapped, and possibly well known, but not ranked because they dont fit the ranking criteria, or the creator does not bother to go trough the ranking process. So how about global high score charts for every uploaded map?

Pros:
-People like to look at high score charts. Why do we have high score charts at all?
-Would make people less bitchy about not getting their maps ranked.

Cons:
-Would strain the servers by increasing the amount of uploaded scores by maybe like 1%
-Some people could get angry when a map they had a good score, but then the map gets updated.

But ok get real scores really dont strain the servers for almost nothing anyway compared to lets say beatmap downloads. Also updating beatmaps wipe local scores anyway so its not so much worse. Also possiblity of losing score on global chart is not worse than no score chart at all.
Bara-
Do you know what unranked means?
It means that there are no rankings, and that the map is unrankable, by ranking standards
This has been requested and denied before for friend rankings cmiiw, so I'm sure this'll never happen
And... What about maps getting deleted?
Yukiteru Amano
I requested this a long time ago and got bash for it so.... I don't think it will get added xD
- Marco -
Maybe save highscores but not give any pp?
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

baraatje123 wrote:

Do you know what unranked means?
It means that there are no rankings, and that the map is unrankable, by ranking standards
This has been requested and denied before for friend rankings cmiiw, so I'm sure this'll never happen
And... What about maps getting deleted?
I do know what unranked means. It means that your rank does not increase as you play it.

For the old pp system the no high score chart made some sense (not really) because you used to get pp from getting a high score on the map in global rankings. This is not the case anymore as pp is compleatly seperated from the high score charts. So maybe the reasons why it got denied before are obsolete
Bara-
Tekklorn's post here is definitely showing why this should not happen
I'm fine with it being friend rankings, but no global rankings t/188842
deadbeat
scoreboards are for ranked and qualified maps. not everything needs a scoreboard.