forum

Taiko General Discussion thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
karterfreak
Backing up what MMzz said here, though I'd like to add that positions can possibly change a bit when playing with HR as there's a faster scroll speed. For example, I look pretty close to the hit area on very low SV maps, but look very close to the right on very high SV maps (generally high BPM HR maps). That doesn't work for some people, but it works wonders for me.

On the note of disliking HD, you should actually try and play HD a lot. It helps with quick pattern recognition and will set your eyes to a good location for reading notes regardless on normal SV maps. Eventually you won't be able to tell much of a difference between playing HD or nomod when your reading becomes good enough.

@ Dolphin: To be fair, you can sightread pretty much anything with HD as well, it only gets harder with low SV / multiple SV maps.
Sinzee
Alright thanks guys, one last thing how do I remove this wavy thing at the top? I think that's what's makes it impossible for me to stay at one place
Dolphin
edit taiko-slider.png and taiko-slider-fail.png in your skin's folder to be completely blank
XK2238
MMzz
Happy Halloween
OnosakiHito
Oh, great :3
happy halloween
Luna
Whoooooo
Just got my first and only Hidden S \:D/
Yes, this is sorted by rank, I really don't have any other Hidden FCs... The other three silver S/SS are all FL scores on easy conversions I did years ago :?
Accuracy is meh because I need all my concentration to avoid missing, but I'm still happy with the result.

/E:
I'm on a roll :oops:
shitacc, but WHO CARES
XK2238
there's still ppl regarding 98.9 as shit? wow

nice HDs anyway, gratz :D/
LZD

XK2238 wrote:

there's still ppl regarding 98.9 as shit? wow

nice HDs anyway, gratz :D/
if people know that they can acurate more, they'll always complain (me too xd)
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

。゚(゚ノД`゚)゚。
Luna
This is probably gonna look really lame to most of you, but since I'm bad at high BPM this made me happy /o/
Kuro
I think you did awesome because I can't even pass that marathon. There's one song in the middle of it that's pretty fast and it has a TON of 1/6 spam... >.>
\me glares at Gezo
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
I hope you get cancer.

This map is terrible I wish it fucking never existed.
Luna
ilu Gezo <3
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
As I said on #taiko I hate that map so much I can't even bear the idea of its existence
pls do me a favor play the good hard maps (Xcore, skw300) not that piece of crap
Kuro

_Gezo_ wrote:

I hope you get cancer.
aww... how sweet, I luv you too Gezo <3
OnosakiHito

Yesterday I had some discussion with Loctav about Taiko, which also contained some editor stuff. Thanks to him and smoogipooo we got a recent change: Right now the cutting edge allows higher and lower colums in the SV multiplier. It has been risen from x0.50 / x2.00. to x0.10 / x4.00.

In this way, there are now more possibilities to work with the SV in Taiko and beeing able to compensate higher BPM changes in a single song. x0.10 is in use to be on the savety site and cover possible border cases.

Remember: This is still not an official release. This change is right now only in the cutting edge available.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
0.10-0.25 should be used with caution imo, 0.25-0.5 can be used for a last note
post-2x is pointless unless low bpm
4x isn't to think at all unless the bpm is below 75 imo
(btw, the editor does accept values such as 1.025x, just saying)
Nwolf
kill all the ninja notes

KILL THEM (Ono check REANIMATE)
Loctav
We mostly focussed on lifting technical limitations to avoid edge cases to be affected too much, which would require this advanced settings. Surely, use them with caution. The modding process prevents false usage, tho.
MMzz
Can we have a taiko aspire contest now? X4 notes every other note big yeah!
lolcubes
Hi.
Luna
praise the cubes \[T]/
DakeDekaane

Nwolf wrote:

killhail all the ninja notes
ftfy
Hanjamon

MMzz wrote:

I want o.o (?
OnosakiHito

DakeDekaane wrote:

Nwolf wrote:

killhail all the ninja notes
ftfy
You imdiatelly see who has TNT roots :D
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

MMzz wrote:

x8 is superior
Dainesl
If it's not x19 then it's not good

and this is obviously correct.

On a serious note, I'm really unsure about using anything more than 2x anyways although that's because I'm used to 2x as the normal max, I assume. The 0.1x minimum is quite nice though, and could be used for some sweet slowdowns imo
XK2238
"sweet"

inb4 for four-digit BPMs
Nyan
THE YUUGEN IS COMING
to asia
MMzz

Lol'd
Nwolf
don ka dondonka don kadon donka don ka dondonka don ka KAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
karterfreak
That just made my day MMzz
OnosakiHito
This guy feels the Don-kat.
- Yuuka Niya -

VelperK wrote:

let's see if this thread gets as succesful as the ctb one :o
though it's 2 years ago , after I read what players talk about in the ctb one these days , I feel GG.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
niya you're pillowy
black_arachnia
Wondering if any pros can give me advice...
I'm kind of stuck at a wall here with Taiko. I can S quite a few oni songs and clear a good amount of inner oni songs.

The problem comes with some inner oni songs which are ranked as 5 star but seem to be FAR MORE DIFFICULT than what they are rated.
"I love my internet friends" comes to mind here.

I am used to fast scrolling speeds on HR/DT, but for some reason the AMOUNT of dons and kats at that speed just makes my eyes go insane and my fingers start to fire off so fast that its hard to keep up.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for getting through this wall I'm kind of stuck at with these crazy inner oni songs?
Just play more I guess? I took a bit of a break too.
karterfreak
What you're experiencing isn't so much a wall, but as you said, the rating system underrating or overrating maps. My best advice is to try and find songs that are just a bit harder than what you're used to, or a bit faster, and just gradually work up. You're at the point where improvement slows down a bit as you work out the finer details and get more used to reading higher speeds so you process the information fast enough for your fingers to play it properly.
Dainesl
Taiko does take a while to get used to (as does every mode, to be fair). Like Tasha said, try to go slightly above your skill level (in any aspect, if you feel one is lacking then try to improve on that). This helps you improve more quickly due to being able to see what you're up against and the general rule of thumb for how to accomplish it.
tobuei
Does anyone know of a way to make maps loop or repeat? i want to make the pattern training maps repeat without having to hit retry all the time.
show more