forum

Sup! An introduction and a question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
notywq
Hi guys!

I've been playing OSU for a while now, and although I am not as good in standard as I am in mania, It's pretty awesome.

I've decided to join in the community, mainly because I want to become a beatmapper (more songs w00t!). I love music and art, so that's where I'll usually be in lurking in the forums.

My avatar is an original character of mine, from a comic I made called "Triangle".

Here's my question by the way:
I want to abruptly change the note falling speed in the song I'm trying to beatmap, to give it extra thrill. Is there any way to do this without messing up the BPM?
My original BPM was 130. I set it to 260 later on, then after a few seconds I set it back to 130. Problem is, the song doesn't sync very well after, even after playing with the offsets.

That's it, see you guys around!
Nathan
Ay welcome to the forums~

Good luck with mapping cause I def can't do it
Topic Starter
notywq
Thanks dude, see you around. :D

My fave mode to map atm is mania. When you get the BPM just right everything just falls into place, so it's not that hard to map there at least!
Mr Capuce
welcome back Mr. notywq :oops:
Miunix
Welcome ^o^
Cerulean Veyron
Hey~ Welcome! o3o/

Well, i do know mapping but I don't map mania so... try to change the 'Slider Velocity' on the timing section. That's all i know :/
Topic Starter
notywq
Heyo fellas~

I tried slider velocity, but like it says there, it really is just for sliders. :))
Cerulean Veyron

notywq wrote:

I tried slider velocity, but like it says there, it really is just for sliders. :))
But not just sliders, it also reacts the other notes by increasing the distance spacing as well. I may be stupid on mapping mania, but just give it a try :3/
Topic Starter
notywq

Gray Veyron wrote:

notywq wrote:

But not just sliders, it also reacts the other notes by increasing the distance spacing as well. I may be stupid on mapping mania, but just give it a try :3/
Nothing changes when I max out slider velocity or put it at the lowest unfortunately. The speed is the same haha
HaruryuuSan
Welcome to the forums~
Taskmaster
Welcome to the forums~
vizzy
Welcome. Enjoy the community. :)
Tari
Welcome!

As for your question, press the f3 and f4 keys.
Raisha Millenia
welcome to the forums!
Topic Starter
notywq
Thanks, and hi peeps!

Tari wrote:

Welcome!

As for your question, press the f3 and f4 keys.
Not quite, this is during gameplay. I was wondering how to do it during beatmapping where the song would change the speed by itself :p
- Marco -
Inherited Points in Timing Setup Panel :)