forum

[added] New design on "Your beatmaps are being processed" screen

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Angelo
^ Everything is in the title ^

(I know this is not very important and it might already be planned, but I insist on it because it does not correspond at all to the new design with the new logo.)

I have done this on photoshop and I think this is perfect for the new theme !

Thanks! :D
syuru
well, what design would you suggest? how do you think the design could be improved to match the new menu screen? i think some examples would make this suggestion more concrete.

also, usually the beatmap processing screen only appears for a brief moment and it's probably not high on devs' priority to skin/redesign it.
FrzR
Can't you wait?
Topic Starter
Angelo

ankou wrote:

well, what design would you suggest?
I was thinking for example to replace the old osu! logo with the new one, change the old font to use instead "Aller" and change the shape and the color of the white background with a light blue color to fit the theme.
Sea_Food
All these oblivious people in the thread.

Now that the download limit has been removed (also before with beatmap packs) i like to import about 200beatmaps at a time. The osu client processes them MUCH slower than I download them, meaning it may take even a few minutes. Ok but the real use of this suggestion comes when i download a fewer maps and the loading only takes like 30seconds so i wont alt+tab because its not enough time to do anything else so im stuck with watching black screen.

What should it look like instead? Just learn what load screens look like in most other games.
1. Either something really flashy art (just pick something from the art contest)
2. Text that explains some tips for game client or history of the game
3. Make it skinnable.

Not exactly what OP wanted but fuck the OP
deadbeat
game UI is slowly being updated. i imagine that'll get reworked as well
IA42
uh... like this?
It's looks ugly IMO but i like the icon :D
Topic Starter
Angelo

IA42 wrote:

uh... like this?
It's looks ugly IMO but i like the icon :D
I think you misunderstood but yeah it can be cool with the new logo :)

Edit: Something like this

Angelo wrote:

I have done this on photoshop and I think this is perfect for the new theme !

Topic Starter
Angelo
Thanks for the update peppy! It's better like this :D