forum

Taishi - goldenslaughterer(Taishi's VW2 Edit) [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
p3n

TKS wrote:

official hasnt used a space between goldenslaughterer and (Taishi's VW2 Edit).
http://www.codeztslabel.com/disco.html
http://www.codeztslabel.com/liner/l016.html

also source should be "Umineko no Naku Koro ni". dont use upper-case such as Ni.
Please fix the meta data.

Even though I know it is harsh but we need to get 2x bubble + 1x heart icon again to re-qualify it (to keep it inside the test system limitations).
OnosakiHito
I was checking the source before, but didn't notice that one space between "goldenslaughterer" "(Taishi's VW2 Edit)".
Well, since the map is overall fine, I will ask the other BATs to check it. Maybe TKS will help here?
Topic Starter
Coro

OnosakiHito wrote:

I was checking the source before, but didn't notice that one space between "goldenslaughterer" "(Taishi's VW2 Edit)".
Well, since the map is overall fine, I will ask the other BATs to check it. Maybe TKS will help here?
umm, is rebubbling not an option? I don't wish to have to bother more BATs than I need...
OnosakiHito
That's no problem. Asked already some.
For now, it would be good if you apply what TKS said.
Topic Starter
Coro
Ah, I already fixed the metadata (almost immediately, actually)
TKS
will be back here for short mod.
Yuzeyun
Didn't find big flaws and actually really liked some parts, so we're good to go to the 1st bubble!

TKS will take care of the mapset in a later date (hopefully very soon) so it's requaled again.

I'd put a WinDEU YES pic but I'll reserve that for when it's ranked again.
Veemon
congratzz !!
TKS
for the 2nd bubble.

some notes are unsnapped within 1ms yet. 04:02:087 (153) - 04:07:087 (187) - and many more i guess.
please resnap all notes on 1/12 divisor since the diff has 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/6 patterns.

patterns are fine. therefore no kds for this.
Topic Starter
Coro

TKS wrote:

for the 2nd bubble.

some notes are unsnapped within 1ms yet. 04:02:087 (153) - 04:07:087 (187) - and many more i guess.
please resnap all notes on 1/12 divisor since the diff has 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/6 patterns.

resnapped and updated
UnderminE
Rip this one https://osu.ppy.sh/s/145859

I love this song and even lovelier because it's taiko <3 gratz
TKS

CoroQuetz wrote:

TKS wrote:

for the 2nd bubble.

resnapped and updated
still unsnapped. i tried resnap all notes but i guess that is it just a bug? orz
well, they are actually within 1ms. maybe should be fine as it is.

#2 then.
kanpakyin
ok.

Approved.

(ノ・ω・)ノ
HabiHolic
Gratz~
Nwolf
YES

re-congratz!
DakeDekaane
OH MY... THIS GOT APPROVED!!!

Congratulations :D
Duh Anus
nice beat maps :D
Modem
Congraatz!!!
Kurosanyan
  1. The SV is meh. The x1,15 part, the x1,25 one, the x1,2, etc. Also the x2 for the rolls part makes it hard to do for no reason. x1,5 would be way enough. It's disturbing as hell and not in a good way.
  2. More than half of the map is made of boring and repetitive patterns where it could have been way more interesting and challenging (like 01:40:566 - until 02:06:653 - )
  3. Or made of patterns without any mapping consistency (like 02:08:392 - until 02:35:131 - )
  4. Those parts feels like they came out of a Futsuu because of how much empty it is and the fact it sticks to white and red ticks while it shouldn't :
    01:57:522 - until 02:01:435 -
    03:04:044 - until 03:31:870 -
It could have been a way better map if it followed the drums and melody correctly instead of a big mass of boring copy paste, mapping inconsistency and bad SV choices, but meh, whatever, can't reject a mapper's "style" I guess.
Topic Starter
Coro

Kurosanyan wrote:

1. The SV is meh. The x1,15 part, the x1,25 one, the x1,2, etc. Also the x2 for the rolls part makes it hard to do for no reason. x1,5 would be way enough. It's disturbing as hell and not in a good way.
  2. More than half of the map is made of boring and repetitive patterns where it could have been way more interesting and challenging (like 01:40:566 - until 02:06:653 - )
  3. Or made of patterns without any mapping consistency (like 02:08:392 - until 02:35:131 - )
  4. Those parts feels like they came out of a Futsuu because of how much empty it is and the fact it sticks to white and red ticks while it shouldn't :
    01:57:522 - until 02:01:435 -
    03:04:044 - until 03:31:870 -
It could have been a way better map if it followed the drums and melody correctly instead of a big mass of boring copy paste, mapping inconsistency and bad SV choices, but meh, whatever, can't reject a mapper's "style" I guess.
Well, you're allowed your opinion, I guess~
I put in SV changes according to how I felt the intensity of the song changed, so a more dynamic scroll speed could enhance the experience. The SV changes I ironed out with Ono so that there wouldn't be any reading issues, so that's my reason.
Due to the electronic nature of the song, I mapped it in a more freeform way to have beats that fit the song and still play in an interesting way. I'm not sure why everyone is so up-in-arms against repetition - I feel if the song repeats certain motifs, I'll follow that and repeat it as well, though if it's too repetitive I'll reconsider the viability of the map for taiko mapping.
Personally, given what I had in this song, I feel I did a good job varying the patterns enough to keep the song interesting. In all honesty, I did follow the drums in some parts and the melodies in others, so I don't really know where you're coming from. The repetitiveness of certain parts I get, but I don't think the parts that are repeated are indeed repeated that many times until they're boring (but here's an area of subjectivity, I guess). Ironically, I think that if I mapped even more strictly to the drums, it'll have been even more boring.

Why don't you try your hand at mapping this song yourself? I love seeing different mapping styles and I'm always looking to improve my maps. Seeing how you'd map this song might allow me to learn more, if you're willing~
Kurosanyan
I don't really mind the fact it's repetitive (even though it's still an issue, but it can't really be helped). It's more about the fact that lots of parts feel really empty.
Well, I'll take what you say as a challenge and try my luck at mapping it then. Not sure if I'll have the courage to go till the end of the song though.
Kurosanyan
Delis
finished ep2 yesterday, I can't really play taiko mode but nice to see a song from umineko (it's actually arrangement one but not a big deal) got ranked when I play the game, congratulations :D