forum

Slider Ends

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WindieStyle
How do you delete slider ends, lately having trouble seeing hidden notes under the start and ends of sliders. So i'm trying to make a skin similar to maybe cookeasy's skin. Thanks in advance~
incelost
There a two options i know for deleting sliderends. However, both of them are using invisible hitcircleoverlays, and hitcircles (Im referring to the files hitcircleoverlay.png and hitcircle.png).

Mathod 1 - using the default-number PNGs:
==================================================

This may is the more complicated version. You basically create a circle around the number (beeing still inside the numbers png of course). Its important to notice the circles size for a good result needs to be bigger than the ones you used in hitcircleovelay normally (the images do scale diffrently).
Inside of your skin.ini, you'll also need to set "HitCircleOverlap" to a value that equals you default-PNGs width in pixel (I do not know how this is used for hd-images, sry, never tried that).

Disadvantages:
- no combo-colors (atleast, they are not working as usually)
- you cant really use numbers, since they will overlap (you better use dots etc)

Advantages:
- the new circles fade out alot faster after clicked (some people like that)

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/208914 <- is a good example

Method 2 - multiple hitcircleoverlays:
==================================================

Using this method, you still have to create an invisible hitcircleoverly.png and hitcircle.png. In addition, you need to create a hitcircleoverlay-0.png, which is going to represent the normal hitcircleoverlay you are using. Only step left is setting "HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer" to 1 in your skin.ini.

Disadvantages:
- still no combo-colors

Advantages:
- you can use proper default-numbers

So, wall of text just ended :)
If you did not understood me, feel free to pm me - Im glad if i can help ya out ;)

PS: there is a skinning-support-thread. For further questions, ask me or check out the thread.
Threads like your are making mods angry ( :x <- angry mod :lol:).
Topic Starter
WindieStyle
Thanks, this helped me alot :D