forum

osu! Charity Tournament (CANCELLED)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JerseyJackal
As opposed to simply watching players have a friendly competition of nationalities, this tournament is all about unification. There are no restrictions on international teams, the dynamic of the tournament is different, but furthermore, this tournament will not be based on selfish accomplishment, but rather teams competing on the common goal of benefiting others around them. With this added, common responsibility, not only will the quality of the tournament improve based on the sheer principle of it being productive for others' sake, but it will additionally improve the competitiveness and game-play on a fantastic level.

HOW IS THIS GOING TO WORK EXACTLY?
There will be eight tournaments: two for each game-mode. One will be a tournament exclusive to the elite players, where the best of the best will clash with each other having their own custom teams representing their charity of choice. The other will be an open tournament, so that all players of the game will have a chance of getting their charity recognized. Each team will select a charity to sponsor, and depending on whether their team reaches first, second, third, or below in the division, a percentage of the donated pool will be sent to the team's sponsored charity.
EDIT: Money will NOT be collected by me or any of the tournament staff. If anyone asks you for money, it is a SCAM. If you would like to donate to a charity (or to the pool), please do so with your own money on your own time. The official tournament money will come from corporate sponsors, who shall be listed below.

DIVISIONS

Team Standard Elite - 5k
Team Mania Elite - 2k
Team Taiko Elite - 2k
Team CTB Elite - 2k
Team Standard - Open
Team Mania - Open
Team Taiko - Open
Team CTB - Open

DONATION RULES

-If you want to donate as an individual, please do so with your own money, on your own time. I cannot facilitate any donations without some service charge, which eliminates the purpose of this fundraiser. Additionally, I can't ask anyone to trust me with their money. If you want to participate, feel free to make the donations yourself. If you do this, I will personally attempt my hardest to ensure you receive a shoutout for your generosity.
-Each division will have its own
+Every division will have its donations divvied as follows:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%

CORPORATE DONORS
TBA

PARTICIPATION RULES

-Teams must made by the following groupings.
Standard: 4
Mania: 3
Taiko: 3
CTB: 3
-Charities MUST BE declared at time of registration.
+A team may change their charity of choice ONCE up to two weeks prior to the tournament's start.
+Declared and changed charity MUST BOTH be legitimate non-profit charity organizations.
-Though not required, a $5 donation per team member is encouraged for tournament entry.
-IF a team member is not present at the time of a match beginning, ONE substitute may be called upon for the duration of the tournament.
+The substitute must meet all prerequisite standards of the competing section.
+The substitute must not be registered with another team, nor may they substitute for more than once per division.
+If a team is incomplete / has no available substitute, they will receive a loss in the elite tournament, and a disqualification in the open bracket.
-The Elite Division tournaments will run in a double-elimination style bracket, where the open tournaments shall all be run in a single-elimination bracket.
-TEAMS MUST BE REGISTERED BY THE SPECIFIED REGISTRATION DATE(S) BELOW

SCHEDULE
To be determined. However, since the '14-'15 schedule has just been posted, will probably work around that.

MAP POOL
-TBD

PARTICIPATING TEAMS
osu! Standard Elite
  • -Ritzeh, [ Saturn ], RIP, and xElectroGH
osu! Standard Open
  • osu! Mania Elite
    [list:1337]
osu! Mania Open
  • osu! CTB Elite
osu! CTB Open
  • osu! Taiko Elite
osu! Taiko Open

CURRENT STATUS
-Map pool must be selected for each division
-Tournament start dates must be figured out
-Currently needing ideas / hands on deck for the facilitation of this. Hopefully will have volunteers shout-casting / streaming this, so donations may be more interactive. If you don't have money to donate, manpower is excellent as well.

If you are interested in learning more about this tournament, volunteering to assist, or registering to participate, either post a comment below, or send an email to: osudonationtourney@gmail.com
Topic Starter
JerseyJackal
reserved.
aquaquickscope
I Will Do Either Osu!mania Or Standard Osu
Fushu_old
Ha this looks pretty fun i will check if i can get 3 mates together for the standard one :D
Very great idea but the charity thing can be a little hard to get.
Topic Starter
JerseyJackal
Yeah. I've contacted a few companies and am waiting to hear back. I hope this works before it all falls through (though I could probably scout out local businesses for smaller amounts).
AzureRin
Looks interesting...I'll have to see about getting 3 more ppl for the standard tournament tho >.>
Interference1
This looks like a ton of fun! :) Im not the best at this game but ill try and round up 3 people to play :D
Ritzeh
Solaroid
Reserved
Topic Starter
JerseyJackal
Things fell apart with this. Tournament cancelled.
KuyaKoala
ok