forum

[resolved] make the osu! symbol have dynamic positioning

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[ HDthunder ]
when you start the game the first you see is the osu! symbol
and i thought it gets in the way of my BG so I'm thinking that we
should have the ability to move is to anywhere on the screen
so we'd be more open to different types of BG's because i love to
use specific types of backgrounds but the osu! symbol gets in the way
sheela
But what will it do to when you click the osu! (it appears "Play, Edit, etc.")?
Top Bunk

sheela901 wrote:

Could also have the option to have the pop-outs appear on the left or right of the circle. So if you have it set to the right (or upper-right/lower-right, w/e), then you could have it pop-out to the left. And vise versa.
Topic Starter
[ HDthunder ]

SlasherZX wrote:

sheela901 wrote:

Could also have the option to have the pop-outs appear on the left or right of the circle. So if you have it set to the right (or upper-right/lower-right, w/e), then you could have it pop-out to the left. And vise versa.
lets just have tabs be able to come all around and position them differently
there should be an editor button to allow all this to happen
XPJ38
That sounds complicated for something that is purely cosmetic and has no relation with the game. Why not choose and design your backgrounds with the current central osu! logo positioning in mind? Like characters surrounding it. That would be clever and awesome. The best pieces of art come when there are constraints, after all.
peppy
move your background.
Topic Starter
[ HDthunder ]

peppy wrote:

move your background.
is that possible?
XPJ38

[ HDthunder ] wrote:

is that possible?
Photoshop / Gimp / Paint.NET.
Topic Starter
[ HDthunder ]
K I guess I'll learn to use these programs then...
sewe21
First of all, sry to be necroing this post.
But I wanted to ask how difficult it would be to implement features that lets you drag the osu! logo around the background and/or scale down the logo with the "play", "edit" tabs linked to it. Having an editor for the welcome menu was truthfully a bit overkill compared to the benefits(Not that changing logo positioning have any practical benefit, it's just a nice aesthetic feature) but if the options for repositioning and scaling the logo is not too much of a hassle to implement it would be a cool add-on. Imagine all them crazy backgrounds people could make, and all the supporter money rolling in for said backgrounds. ;)

Don't bother if it's too hard though, I'm satisfied by knowing that my post at least got attention!