forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
[-Cloud-]

silmarilen wrote:

this is not a GD thread, even if it doesnt serve it's original purpose anymore it's still a gameplay related thread
This thread is basically this or this, just for a single person.
silmarilen
and a general discussion thread about things gameplay related, people complaining are only being off-topic
[ Pustules ]
lord knows you improved a lot faster than i did...
GoldenWolf

[ Pustules ] wrote:

Lord knows he played more in 8 months than you did in two years, too.
B1rd

GoldenWolf wrote:

[ Pustules ] wrote:

Lord knows he played more in 8 months than you did in two years, too.
the amount people play is largely dependent on how good they are at the game. If you just get better than everyone else easily of course you're going to play a lot because you keep getting positive feedback.
For all the people who don't have magical talent, you're not going not going to play much when every time you do it constantly reminds you how bad you are at everything an how much of a failure you are, even at a simple video game.
RaneFire

Woobowiz wrote:

f i z i k wrote:

i think the slow progress derives from focusing one trait only instead of multiple
I haven't "Focused on one trait" since like 2 weeks ago, wat
In particular I'd like to see you play more HR, and some HD, and some of the more difficult nomod maps.

There's 3 things I don't see in your top performance list, which is currently entirely DT. Sure, HR/HD is not equitable with DT for pp, but it still means you're not good enough at these mods to compete with any of your DT scores. Well at least that's how I feel about my own scores and I think it starts to matter at around 4k pp. I've been here for ages, but then again I don't have much time either.

You were improving very fast with the no-life approach, but now that you're studying and working at the same time... RIP. See you in 3 years :D

Maybe you stopped believing in your goal, but you should still focus on becoming a well-rounded player instead of just brute-forcing pp milestones. Some maps are less rewarding or may just seem awkward, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't practice them, when they are still challenging. Just use your head when it comes to "actually bad" maps. Doing so will help you to get to where you're going later.
chainpullz
HD is heavily overrated considering you could just as easily spend the time it takes to learn the mod getting better at the game and get more pp that way.
RaneFire

chainpullz wrote:

HD is heavily overrated considering you could just as easily spend the time it takes to learn the mod getting better at the game and get more pp that way.
There is mechanically no difference between using HD and not using HD. It only increases the reading difficulty. HD compliments DT and HR, and can only give you more pp for the same score.

The problem is the people who neglected it don't know how to go about learning it. You don't sacrifice time to learn HD on easy maps that give you nothing. You start using HD on the same maps you would normally try to play without it. This is of course assuming you can actually read the map without HD.

You very likely won't get your lovely pp doing this, but if your argument is about getting better at the game, then mechanically it is not a problem because you are still playing the same shit. Eventually HD will give you even more pp. Win/win?
darkmiz
don't listen to them, keep playing DT 8-)
HD won't get you to top 100 rank, only fast fingers can do that
GoldenWolf
Top 100 =/= Being a well rounded and consistent player
RaneFire

darkmiz wrote:

don't listen to them, keep playing DT 8-)
HD won't get you to top 100 rank, only fast fingers can do that
HD+DT. HD+HR.

HD alone is useless for pp unless it's a really difficult map (airman). That was my point of playing it with what you normally would (DT or HR).
chainpullz

RaneFire wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

There is mechanically no difference between using HD and not using HD. It only increases the reading difficulty. HD compliments DT and HR, and can only give you more pp for the same score.

The problem is the people who neglected it don't know how to go about learning it. You don't sacrifice time to learn HD on easy maps that give you nothing. You start using HD on the same maps you would normally try to play without it. This is of course assuming you can actually read the map without HD.

You very likely won't get your lovely pp doing this, but if your argument is about getting better at the game, then mechanically it is not a problem because you are still playing the same shit. Eventually HD will give you even more pp. Win/win?
It will increase the time it takes you to learn hard maps because you aren't just learning the fundamental to the map, you are learning a mod as well. Take that extra time and you could just as easily have spent it on an even harder map and so on. There are a lot of players like pielak and xilver that don't play HD because it's pretty pointless. It's unnecessary to be good at this game and the reward for learning it is quite marginal compared to the potential frustration when you first try to pick it up.
[-Cloud-]
Learning HD is never pointless.
nrl

chainpullz wrote:

There are a lot of players like pielak and xilver that don't play HD because it's pretty pointless.
Xilver plays without HD because it's what he's used to, not because it's pointless.

chainpullz wrote:

It will increase the time it takes you to learn hard maps because you aren't just learning the fundamental to the map, you are learning a mod as well. Take that extra time and you could just as easily have spent it on an even harder map and so on.
You're not considering the fact that once you're accustomed to reading stacks HD makes everything cleaner to read, increasing your consistency on everything that isn't a stack. Approach circles are like training wheels.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
HD is pointless shit for pp whores. Real men go top 50 with nomod + HR plays.

Rip in peperoni mugiorino.
winber1
hd is worth
fl is worth
spun out is worth

lesson to learn from this: clicking circles is fun
nrl
winnie pls
byfar
hd is hard when notes overlap each other (idk what its called. like the note before hides the other note?)

honestly hd makes a difference when ur playing with lots of note density
nrl
Stacks.
byfar

Narrill wrote:

Stacks.
except even worse. after 3 sliders theres a stack or a note hiding at the bottom in the slider where u cant even see it
nrl
ITS THE STACKS MAN, THEYRE ERRYWHERE
chainpullz
That and notes hidden under sliders and back and forth jumps.
winber1
you can kind of guess where some of them are just based on listening to the music itself

im sometimes able to do it just because sometimes it just feels like there's a note, and i just instinctively go some place under a slider and click. sometimes i'm wrong, sometimes i'm right

sometimes

sometimes
RaneFire
Then there's that note which you know isn't there after the first time, and doesn't actually exist because it's not anywhere, and you keep trying to hit it in the same place every time.
Blanky

RaneFire wrote:

Then there's that note which you know isn't there after the first time, and doesn't actually exist because it's not anywhere, and you keep trying to hit it in the same place every time.
So much this
Vuelo Eluko
[-Cloud-]
I had so much hope.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
What is even going on?
Nothing really new going on, I already explained what is happening for me; I can't play as often as I used to because of school and work.
I'll be back on track for long breaks like Winter, Spring, and Summer break.
chainpullz
I feel you. Though if I didn't raid 12 hours a week in WoW, I'd actually have the time for osu... (easy solution - I should just quit WoW kekeke)

It's depressing to look at my play history for like September when I was guildless and spent most of my free time on osu! and extracirriculars weren't in full swing yet and now where all my time gets eaten up to the point that I either sleep and don't have time for osu! or have time for osu! but am too tired and end up forum trolling/anime binging instead.
B1rd
wait what, didn't Woobowiz have Koigokoro DT as a top rank? All I can see is Delis'...

also I want to vent how pissed I am, tried to FC Remote Control like 15 times, didn't break on the jumps once. At the end of the day my jumping ability is better but I can't maintain focus. one day remote control...
winber1
wahahaha
chainpullz

B1rd wrote:

wait what, didn't Woobowiz have Koigokoro DT as a top rank? All I can see is Delis'...

also I want to vent how pissed I am, tried to FC Remote Control like 15 times, didn't break on the jumps once. At the end of the day my jumping ability is better but I can't maintain focus. one day remote control...
I feel you. 120 plays later and I still haven't fc'd aliez with hr again. Stupid Bancho... I did get a 98% with a slider break today on it that would have been worth 170+pp. One of these days...
A1R
Damn i could only wish for so much progress. Good luck on your way! I'm definitely sure you'll become even better than cookiezi.
MiloSx7

B1rd wrote:

The 3x... mini streams at the beginning of the insane diff is actually the stuff that makes the song hard.. For me, at least. Jumps are slow, therefore easy to aim even without a good muscle memory
GoldenWolf

AiRDesu wrote:

I'm definitely sure you'll become even better than cookiezi.
Wellllllllll..........
B1rd
honestly I do think someone could get close to Cookiezi if they had the drive and motivation to archive the goal. but I don't think anyone is that serious about the game.
Indra_old_1
Best way to improve is ignoring ranks, and challange yourself.
It is much easier to have fun and you will get used to play what you play.
GoldenWolf

B1rd wrote:

honestly I do think someone could get close to Cookiezi if they had the drive and motivation to archive the goal. but I don't think anyone is that serious about the game.
rrtyui got pretty close, but surpassed? ha good joke, no one will care enough about clicking circles to try this hard
Vuelo Eluko

GoldenWolf wrote:

B1rd wrote:

rrtyui got pretty close, but surpassed? ha good joke, no one will care enough about clicking circles to try this hard
its good that rrtyui is around though, it really puts cookiezi in perspective when we can still see how crazy good rrtyui was and yet see that its still very far off the mark, so even people that started after cookiezi's ban can get an idea of how comparatively good he was.
laref
Know what would be so damn funny? if Cookiezi came out one day and said he cheated. Just picture it. Everyone starting to question themselves what life is.
show more