forum

[invalid] #Osu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +103
Topic Starter
Yukiteru Amano
When starting osu you will open all chats you had last time except if you (x:ed) it. Well this doesn't apply
To #osu. I always leave it, and always have to every time I log on. I would like #osu to behave like all other chats.
FrzR
Well #osu acts as a General english chat for all users. But if you want to turn #osu off you can open chat, click the add channel button, type #osu in the search panel and right click the #osu channel to close it.

Or you just ignore the channel :)
buny
just don't switch to #osu?

#osu is the main chat for the game, there is no reason to close it.
Topic Starter
Yukiteru Amano
I am asking for the option, to make it act like the rest of the chats. So I won't need to close it every time.
Heibel
open osu's chat thing. go to the little + on the right. find #osu! Right click.

You're welcome
Aka
@Heibel I suppose he is doing the same but that is actually not a solution, it takes a little but still time

I'm supporting this tho, I don't read and use this channel most of times and seeing the always-light-blue tab becomes kinda annoying .w.
Kayla
the fact that it re-opens when you re-open osu! is the problem. for those who dont want to see the trolling and such going on in #osu or want that showing on their stream accidentally or anything like that, its a good feature for it not to force itself open or force people to close it every time they log in. :/
uzzi
I've grown used to just closing it upon realizing it's open, but I guess this would be nice.
Illkryn
This is a real issue that needs to be addressed.
Gumpy

Illkryn wrote:

This is a real issue that needs to be addressed.
Da bump.
Topic Starter
Yukiteru Amano
Lol wow, thought this thread was dead forever! Almost forgot it xd
drum drum

Kurimu wrote:

the fact that it re-opens when you re-open osu! is the problem. for those who dont want to see the trolling and such going on in #osu or want that showing on their stream accidentally or anything like that, its a good feature for it not to force itself open or force people to close it every time they log in. :/
Uncheck show chat ticker, problem solved.
iirc there is a way to prevent it from opening on start up, though, I don't want to share it without the OK of peppy or other staff first.
MEK
i am a person with little/no self control and whenever i see people talking in #osu i dont feel good. i would like it if i could close it forever
Drafura

MEK wrote:

i am a person with little/no self control and whenever i see people talking in #osu i dont feel good. i would like it if i could close it forever
Play offline dude...

It takes one click to close nowadays, not sure if this still usefull to implement.
TicClick
you can't, autojoining #osu is something osu!'s correct work is based on
marking as invalid
dopedick donkle

TicClick wrote:

you can't, autojoining #osu is something osu!'s correct work is based on
marking as invalid
what is osu's correct work?
TicClick
processing users' status changes (going online/offline)
dopedick donkle

TicClick wrote:

processing users' status changes (going online/offline)
So if you don't have #osu open in your chat list you appear offline to all users?