forum

[resolved] Translation for some items

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
- Nyurin -
There are still some texts aren't translated in other languages in osu!, most of them are seen quite frequently, yet they aren't added in the translation table even now, so I wrote this post.

I've done a quick search before posting this, using "translating" as keyword and it seems like no one has posted something about this. If I missed something, please let me know.

User Menu & User Panel

These are the main reasons of making this post. I use them everyday, since I am quite a "peeking" type, you know, sneak around, check what's everyone doing. Also, I stay at the channel of my language everyday, and one of the question asked from time to time is: How can I add another player as my friend?

Well, in fact, it's not a problem because we can simply tell him/her which button can do that, but if we can translate those buttons into the language he/she knows, these questions would be no longer asked since they can find the answer by their own much more easily when they're poking around, before he/she gives up and asks.

Error Messages

Although we could tell that we've got problem when we see the red line around that notice box, if we can know more about what just happened, it might make those who don't understand English feel safer. You see, a black screen with 5-second-long lag just happened and you don't know what to do, at that moment, if osu! tells the player that "hey calm down we know things are going wrong and we will fix it" in his/her tongue instead of a notice box filled with foreign language, wouldn't it be reassuring?

Most of them are game error messages, and the another one I've noticed is the one showing up when you're trying to spectate in multiplayer mode.

Descriptions of Commands in !help

Unlike things above, this one is more... server-side, I guess. It won't affect too much if they can't be translated anyway, but still hoping for a chance to make the translation more completed. Yes, yes, I know I am picky.

Speaking of that, the description of /ignore in /help looks wrong, by the way. I am currently using Traditional Chinese version of osu!. You can see a line of English in the picture below, but it doesn't show up in the translation document, only in the game.

Toggle Scoreboard Messages

As the title. They also show up in game often, but there's no translation for them. By the way, in multiplayer, those messages are working well in any mode but Team V.S., you can toggle them but there won't be any message.

These are all of things that can't be translated I've noticed currently.

-- - Nyurin -
TicClick