forum

Online Personal Highscore in Song Selection screen [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Shirotora_old
I already mentioned this in #osu, but just so you won't have to keep track of several sources of requests, here it is again. This time where it should be.

I'd like to see the personal highest score on a song shown in the song selection screen. Not 'local highscores', since offline play is not counted for your ranked score (and thus meaningless in this sense) and local highscores are not machine-independant (meaning you could score higher elsewhere and it wouldn't show up on your own machine). So, to always know how much you scored compared to the #1-40, I suggest adding this score (+ rank on the song?) somewhere in the screen, or if no score has been set yet a mention of that lack of score.
Gemi
Yeah, this would be a cool little feature. It would help when playing on different computers + it would eliminate the need to switch between local and online high scores all the time.
Duoprism
I was just thinking of this now. I'm all for it and the new server should be able to handle it? See what peppy has to say about it.
Topic Starter
Shirotora_old
I heard the ranks next to the songs are account-based, not machine-based. I haven't checked yet, but was this suggestion of mine implemented along with those ranks? Because at the higher levels / longer beatmaps, the difference in points between an A and an A can be several million points. With which I basically mean the ranks are very nice, but I'd still like to see the scores somewhere too, if this isn't already the case ^_^''
Saturos

Shirotora wrote:

I haven't checked yet, but was this suggestion of mine implemented along with those ranks?
It was not, and it's not a bad idea. I believe peppy created a second database to make the ranks next to maps function properly, so perhaps the local score listings could feed from that database as well.
peppy
Its all the same database, we just have a server that can handle this stuff now.

Either way - I have been thinking of adding this for a while now, but my brain pains as to where this should go on the song selection screen. Any suggestions?
Topic Starter
Shirotora_old
As I suggested before: perhaps below the lowest spot of the #1-8/9-16 etc. highscores, right of 'back', and slightly above the text of any mods that might be on. That way you can compare it to the highscores above it, and it shouldn't be in the way.

Another option would be under the name of the beatmap creator, somewhat the place highscores are in in, for instance, Stepmania.