forum

"Pause when minimized" option

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +28
Topic Starter
Hero Of Time
So today I was playing Osu! while a game was being installed and Windows decided that the setup was more important than Osu! and it got minimized, therefore, epic fail. Can't you add an option to make the game auto pause when it loses focus? It would be great, I think.
tarticulate
I like this idea.
+1 Star
Mitsuhide
Accidentally hitting the windows key while playing taiko is one of the examples where this would be super useful.
+support.
Topic Starter
Hero Of Time

mario182 wrote:

Accidentally hitting the windows key while playing taiko is one of the examples where this would be super useful.
+support.
True, that's really annoying.
pandaBear
I think this is a great idea too, as sometimes when i play on the laptop, osu! sometimes keeps losing focus and i have to restart the whole song again just because of that :(.
Tanomoshii Nekojou
<3
JFRN
Support+
Tshemmp

mario182 wrote:

That's why I changed my keys to q/w/o/p. Supporting anyway, you never know what might happen.
deadbeat
t/93105 wouldn't it be this?
jemhuntr

deadbeat wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/93105 wouldn't it be this?
yes it is. duplicate.
deadbeat
i'll tag the other as a dupe since this is more active and has more sp :)
carry on :p
jemhuntr
lol kay xD
Like when we accidentally press the Windows key while streaming and then we got a very moe fail?

Of course, support this feature!
DerekMcD
(Just bumping it without any problem)

Okay, while I was playing, it just minimized itself without pausing due to this. http://puu.sh/31eFQ.png It's so annoying. That gotta be another reason why it should be added.
pielak213
­
Kitsunemimi
Suppooooort~

Don't know why this isn't implemented yet. Perhaps peppy originally thought that people could play while the osu! window was in the background.
Shohei Ohtani
When I exit the game via sending it to the taskbar (Default INS or NUMPAD0), it pauses for me. Granted, it takes a bit to register, and I'll still miss/fail, but it pauses.
Topic Starter
Hero Of Time
Please?
eternity23
My main problem is that I generally play Osu while waiting in queue for league, and when queue pops for league, it rips the cursor way off to the left side of the screen, and then just keeps going. Same thing with twitch streams if the person you're watching starts hosting someone else. If any other application takes focus away from Osu! for any reason, you simply lose the match. A feature to automatically pause when focus is lost is pretty key and pretty simple, imo. I can probably make a script to do it with AHK in like 4 lines. And probably will now that I think about it.
Dazdy_old
This happens to me all the time, when I load my profile and it finally opens in my browser 10 minutes later. Total support.
Jutschl
I like the idea. Bad only if you are inmid of a stream and this happens.

Well, but i guess thats how it goes.

Support ~~
silmarilen
this is already happening?
my osu automatically pauses when it isnt the selected window
eternity23

silmarilen wrote:

this is already happening?
my osu automatically pauses when it isnt the selected window
If you specifically alt-tab out of osu during a map it will pause, but if another application comes to the front over Osu, it wiill not. Osu doesn't seem to properly monitor when it's in focus or not. If you go out of your way to put it specifically out of focus with an alt-tab that makes it pause, but if it simply loses focus to another program it does nothing.

eternity23 wrote:

My main problem is that I generally play Osu while waiting in queue for league, and when queue pops for league, it rips the cursor way off to the left side of the screen, and then just keeps going. Same thing with twitch streams if the person you're watching starts hosting someone else. If any other application takes focus away from Osu! for any reason, you simply lose the match. A feature to automatically pause when focus is lost is pretty key and pretty simple, imo. I can probably make a script to do it with AHK in like 4 lines. And probably will now that I think about it.
So i did. It's not 100% reliable due to AHK having issues sending keys sometimes, but for me it works 99% of the time. If it's not working consistently for you, try increasing the times slightly of the sleep commands in there, by like 50 millisecond intervals until it works. Mind, the longer the sleep, the more notes you miss before it pauses for you. Note: I am a novice when it comes to using AHK, so this script is very very basic and doesn't account for all circumstances, if you can improve it, feel free to do so.
Osu Focus Fix: http://puu.sh/c15Ew/2289c20a1f.ahk
F11 pauses the script, F12 terminates it.
P.S. The biggest drawback is that if you alt-tab out of osu or otherwise pull out of it yourself, the script will still activate, so you'll want to pause it before doing so. I'm sure this can be fixed, but I don't know how.