forum

Make beatmap searches sort by most recent [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
0_o
Right now if you search for a map the equally relevant maps are sorted oldest to newest, and I think it should be the other way around, seeing as the newer ones are usually better and more relevant.
anonymous_old
Shouldn't it be most -> least relevant? ;P
Topic Starter
0_o

strager wrote:

err, that's what I said?
LuigiHann

0_o wrote:

strager wrote:

err, that's what I said?
"Most relevant" is a different sorting order than "most recent."

I do think it should sort by most recent within identically relevant results though
Topic Starter
0_o
Ohh sorry I misread some stuff. Yeah, first it sorts by search relevancy THEN it sorts by date. I just thought the relevancy was implied when I made the OP :P I'll change that.
darkduelmaster
I was gonna post this, but good thing I found this request open already :)

This would be really effective and handy to have this option next to "Date/Artist/Difficulty/Show All" because sometimes I don't remember well the song's title (happens a lot with Touhou songs :P)

Also, I share this osu! with a friend (not same acct, more like "same SD/Memory Card" ... he plays when I bring my laptop to his house), and instead of telling him "Hey, XXXX song is out" this and that, just telling him "click -Most Recent/Recently Added-". Many times I forget to tell him that some songs were released and I realize it when I'm already at home :P

Anyway, this 'sort' system would be really useful :D
peppy

darkduelmaster wrote:

Anyway, this 'sort' system would be really useful :D
Try Date sort..................

@0_o where are you talking about? There are a lot of searches in and out of game so this is currently very ambiguous.
Topic Starter
0_o

peppy wrote:

@0_o where are you talking about? There are a lot of searches in and out of game so this is currently very ambiguous.
I'm talking about searches in the beatmap listing. If you search for a term (lets say the term is peppy), the maps are sorted from oldest to newest. I think it should be the reverse for the previously stated reasons.
peppy
Have altered ordering a bit - should be better now!