forum

[resolved] pp calculation is getting messed up by diff name change

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Deimos
The pp calculation of the map https://osu.ppy.sh/s/164155 got messed up after changing the diff names from Easy -> Normal; Normal -> Hard; Hard -> Insane; Insane -> Extra.

Like I already posted in the beatmap thread.

The pp calculation got messed up after changing the diff names. Hard diff is giving by SS +HDHRDT 277pp. Which can't be right.
Looks like the pp value is based on the current Insane diff, cause the Insane was called Hard before the name change.
Looks also like that only maps which changed the diff names after their unqualifying are affected.
Bara-
Since when does a difficulty name determine pp-value?
Also, it's about difficulty, and HR/DT/HD/SS is quite hard, ya know :P
syuru

baraatje123 wrote:

Yeah but hardmode plays like normal and even with HRDTHD there's no way it should give so much pp... I tested it and finished with pretty bad accuracy but still got 168pp. There is nothing in the map that would suggest giving nearly this much pp, so it most likely is some sort of bug.
KinkiN
HR DT, even with low acc, will get you a high amount of pp

since the OD was multiplied after all, and OD matters much for pp
Topic Starter
Deimos

baraatje123 wrote:

did you even played it? don't let you deceive cause by a "name" :roll:
Bara-
I played it DTHR and got 196 pp
But I mean HDHRDTSS is quite hard to achieve in general
But yeah, it's really to much

Edit: Did HDDTHR with 99.11% --> 243 pp
KinkiN
well yes this is messed up i think. it should weight about 1/2 of it

even though i got 234pp, my rank won't increase anyway. so i think it's just the pp number glitch

and i highly believe you should post it here : t/181850

EDIT : It's fixed now
Tom94
Yeah this sadly happens. Fixed this particular case (changes will propagate in the next few hours), looking to prevent this from happening over all.
Bara-

Tom94 wrote:

Yeah this sadly happens. Fixed this particular case (changes will propagate in the next few hours), looking to prevent this from happening over all.
WHY??
I almost lost 200 pp ;-;
Oh well, nothing to do about this

I wished no-one would report this
Tom94
Alright, hopefully is completely fixed now.
And you shouldn't be surprised baraatje123. In the long run you wouldnt be the only one who would profit from this map, so you wouldn't gain any ranks in the first place.
bolt997
Problem Details:
I was rank 9244 yesterday, and today i was rank 9861.
I'm very sure i didn't FC a qualified song that returned to pending,
all the songs i FCed yesterday are still ranked and I'm wondering where this 60pp decrease came from.

As you can see, the ranked score, the number of plays, total hits all stayed the same, somehow my accuracy increased.
Please tell me what is the problem, and if it is a miscalculation on osu's part please don't let my hardwork go to waste.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Tom94

bolt997 wrote:

Problem Details:
all the songs i FCed yesterday are still ranked and I'm wondering where this 60pp decrease came from.

As you can see, the ranked score, the number of plays, total hits all stayed the same, somehow my accuracy increased.
Please tell me what is the problem, and if it is a miscalculation on osu's part please don't let my hardwork go to waste.

I didn't link this thread for you to repeat your post... this thread is the answer to your post. Some of your pp came from this bug which then got fixed.
bolt997

Tom94 wrote:

bolt997 wrote:

Problem Details:

I didn't link this thread for you to repeat your post... this thread is the answer to your post. Some of your pp came from this bug which then got fixed.
oh, my bad
bolt997
Sorry, but you said it was fixed? Or is it still in the processed of being fixed?
Because I am not seeing any changes made to my account.
Bara-
It got fixed
Everyone who played the map got too many pp (200+) so it's recalculated and everybody lost it
Don't expect it to come back (ever)
bolt997
I got it,