Trident - Blue Field

posted
Total Posts
show more
Konei
This song is reaaally awesome! Gratz. :3
Loctav
Greetings,

this map has been considered as not ready for Ranked, yet. Therefore we disqualify this beatmap and put it back to WIP. Please keep in mind that disqualified maps are handled by the Beatmap Appreciation Team and will be sent back to Qualified by them. The Quality Assurance Team is not responsible for sending your beatmap back to Qualified.

We disqualify this beatmap for the following reason(s):

[General]

1. The difficulty names are not as we desire them to be suitable. Even if they contain the actual difficulty in the brackets, the actual naming appears arbitrary and unneeded.
[Easy]

1. 00:08:696 (1) - This note is too soon after a spinner for an Easy
[Normal]

1. 00:08:696 (1) - This note is too soon after a spinner for an Easy
  2. The 1/2 rhythm usage feels really heavy and should be reconsidered again. Maybe you find some better way to make this work without relying so heavily on that.
These concerns have been pointed out during the revision of your beatmap. Since we were not satisfied with the turnout of this, we can not let this surpass, yet. It's your responsibility now to fix our above named concerns and find modders and BATs to help you getting this to Qualified again. We always recommend you to receive further revision by the modding community before rolling this for Qualified again.
Topic Starter
Little
Thank you.
I am okay with changing the difficulty names, but I disagree with the other points.
Time between spinner and following note in each case is reasonably playable, and these time spacings are commonly seen in ranked maps.
Rhythm usage in Normal is appropriate relative to the other difficulties.

I will leave this map for now.
Sorry to players/fans, maybe I will get this ranked in the future.
DakeDekaane
While it's playable, it is not suitable for the players you're aiming for, they would be likely looking for their cursors after the spinner.

Also I should mention that the difficulties are a bit harder than they should be imo
  1. Easy being constant 1/1 doesn't have enough gaps to player have rest between game combos/phrases, it'd benefit of a few 2/1 gaps, for example, you could remove notes in similar spots as in 00:29:584 (5) -, this would also help to represent better the song :P

2. Normal is a bit overloaded with continuous 1/2 rhythm, while 1/2 is not bad to use, you shouldn't also go nuts with it, unless it's a really slow BPM (135 isn't), so I second QAT's opinion here.
    Like in 00:10:473 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3) - , this could be simplified a bit: Example
    And 00:25:362 (4,5) - could fit nicely as a 1/1 slider along with the hold in vocals.

3. I felt Hard a bit hard with all these jumpy patterns, reducing some would be enough to help the spread in case you tone down some 1/2 in Normal. Also, I'd suggest to end the first spinner in 00:08:251, this part plays very awkwardly, adding that there's less than 1 beat between the end of this and the next note and 3/4 rhythm is very tricky.
Not giving a proper mod as I have very few time atm, but wanted to give some feedback. Good luck with qualifying.

Edit: Just read your last sentence, a pity, but well, I hope you push this map in a future.
Konei
What a pity, but ohwell, it's your choice.

Good luck with whatever you're gonna do!
IamKwaN
I got a question when I am doing a GD for the same song.
00:55:140 (2,3) - Are these vocals 1/4 or 1/3 snapped? I hear the first one is 1/3 but second is 1/4 lol Is it just the singer's error or my ears' problem?
Topic Starter
Little

IamKwaN wrote:

00:55:140 (2,3) - Are these vocals 1/4 or 1/3 snapped? I hear the first one is 1/3 but second is 1/4 lol Is it just the singer's error or my ears' problem?
I'm quite sure they should be 1/4. The singer is a little bit late on 00:55:473 but not so much so that it sounds like 1/3... I think it's just difficult for them to precisely sing consecutive 3/4s like that..? :P
IamKwaN

CloudSplash16 wrote:

IamKwaN wrote:

I'm quite sure they should be 1/4. The singer is a little bit late on 00:55:473 but not so much so that it sounds like 1/3... I think it's just difficult for them to precisely sing consecutive 3/4s like that..? :P
aha, i agree with you!
Topic Starter
Little
Okay, it's the future now...
Changed difficulty names and removed spinners.
Removed a couple of circles in Normal.
Now looking for mods again.
IamKwaN

[Normal]
  1. 01:21:362 (4,5) - Rhythm is awkward and hitsounds are hollow as it's switching from drum to another instrument at 01:21:362. Maybe you should follow strictly to the drum. As it's near the end of the song, so only a few rearrangements are needed. http://puu.sh/bvvsv/306df52ed2.jpg
whee
Topic Starter
Little

IamKwaN wrote:

[Normal]
  1. 01:21:362 (4,5) - Rhythm is awkward and hitsounds are hollow as it's switching from drum to another instrument at 01:21:362. Maybe you should follow strictly to the drum. As it's near the end of the song, so only a few rearrangements are needed. http://puu.sh/bvvsv/306df52ed2.jpg hmm.. Changed the rhythm a different way.
whee
whee
IamKwaN
whee
Topic Starter
Little
Thanks!
Flask
nokdpls

[General]
  1. Tag Ars nova & ending if you want
[Hard]
  1. 01:06:696 (4,5) - Is this suppose to be placed in 1.3x distance? I don't see you do the same thing on 00:52:251 (3,4) -
Call me back
Topic Starter
Little

Flask wrote:

nokdpls

[General]
  1. Tag Ars nova & ending if you want ??? They are already in tags.
[Hard]
  1. 01:06:696 (4,5) - Is this suppose to be placed in 1.3x distance? I don't see you do the same thing on 00:52:251 (3,4) - Reduced spacing.
Call me back
Thanks
Flask
(o゚ω゚o)ノ
Topic Starter
Little
Thanks Flask! :D
Lust
congratulations on your re-qualification!
Konei
Good that you changed your mind!
Melophobia
Congratulations! I'm really glad to see this qualified again. And sorry for the trouble.. :<
Topic Starter
Little
Thanks again to everyone for your support!
and thanks to Melophobia, Fycho, IamKwaN, and Flask! :D