forum

Help with dots instead of numbers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fookiz
Basically what i want is like a dot, then no dot after.
So what i did i changed the default-1 to a dot, then default-2 to insvible 1x1 pixel and so on.
The problem that i encaunterd is if a slider hit circle number is 2 4 6 8, you can't see where the start of it is.( i know you can technically see where it stars forming).
What i want is there to be a dot on the start of every slider, so can either someone help me or just do it for me? nobody that i asked knows.
here is the skin: https://www.mediafire.com/?tah7l2ddnehv17d
Rise_old_1
Try asking in the Skinning tutorial forum post (+skinning support) - t/51694
Surely someone can help you there!
Maybe I just didn't try to do something too complicated with the hitcircle overlay aswell, but I think something like this should be possible~
(I tried doing this myself but dots ended up bigger then the actual circles x3)
nrl
That's not doable.
Bubble_old_1
Hmm... I'm pretty sure that hitcircleoverlay doesn't apply for sliders, so you can place a dot in the middle and it will happen to every hicircle, and a black dot on default-123456789 if you use 100% background dim.
Topic Starter
Fookiz

Bubble wrote:

Hmm... I'm pretty sure that hitcircleoverlay doesn't apply for sliders, so you can place a dot in the middle and it will happen to every hicircle, and a black dot on default-123456789 if you use 100% background dim.
actully i did understand i think , ill try doing the thing with hitcircleoverlay
edit: i tried it but it changed to a square thing, idk how to do ;-; im noob, i think it might work though, can someone do it for me?
razavana
Nope, both slider ends have the hitcircleoverlay
OsuMe65
Why 1x1invisible numbers?
Deimos
He wants to use dots on uneven numbers (1,3,5,...) and an invisible image on even numbers (2,4,6,...), but if the slider has a even number, the end and the start of the slider will look the same. So he is trying to force the skin to show on each sliderstart a dot and showing no dots on circle with an uneven number, which is not possible in this current circumstance.
Kheryo
Hi, I think I see what you mean.

You can't make dots appear only for odd numbers and have them displayed on both odd and even sliders.
Best solution is in next post (OsuMe65's post)

Long useless post
You're trying to get even hticircles with nothing inside, and odd hitcircles with a dot inside, like this :

Should become

While having both even and uneven sliders have a dot in the center.

I regret to inform you it is impossible to do so.

Your current attempt (in the skin I downloaded) will output this :

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 will be ok, then things will start screwing up starting from 10.
10 will look ok because 1 is odd and 0 is even, and you replaced even numbers with blank 1*1 images, so the first dot will just be slightly moved to the left by 1px and it won't be noticeable.
11 however is made with two 1's, that means two dots, hence the result you can see in the preview

You could make a modification of the skin.ini file, by changing the default font overlap to the width of the default-1.png. This will make dots overlap on eachother when there are more than one, like this :

Sliders which start with an even number will still have no dots.

Here are previews for all other solutions (or at least all solutions I could think of) :
All default numbers blank, hitcircleoverlay.png is a dot

All default numbers blank, hitcircle.png is a dot aaaaaaaaand some magic
/!\ I believe there's something else to do to get that result, but I know it's possible to get there since I have seen it in a couple skins. "Simplicity" for instance.
I however don't know the way to get to that result

All default numbers dots, skin.ini modified with overlap, no change to hitcircle nor hitcircleoverlay

Hope it helped.
Also, sorry about the numerous images, they say a picture is worth a thousand words and I didn't feel like writing a novel today c:
OsuMe65
LET'S END THIS. NOW.

Make a 40x40 circle, save it as default-0.png, default-1.png and so on.
Then, Open skin.ini. Set HitCircleOverlap to 40 under [Fonts]
Topic Starter
Fookiz

OsuMe65 wrote:

LET'S END THIS. NOW.

Make a 40x40 circle, save it as default-0.png, default-1.png and so on.
Then, Open skin.ini. Set HitCircleOverlap to 40 under [Fonts]
DUDE HOLY SHIT I ALREADY HAVE THE THING BUT THE THING WITH NO DOT YES DOT NO DOT IS IMPSOIBLE
basicaly about the thing with the 2 dots i also dont understand. x3x
Full Tablet
Make hitcircle.png and hitcircleoverlay.png 1x1 invisible image. Add the contents of those 2 images to your number image files. That way, you can tell apart the start of sliders from the end of sliders since the sliderends don't have any circle at all.
ExtraWub
It actually is possible to have dot -> no-dot in multidigit numbers. The result is limited, but maybe it can statisfy you ;)
I uploaded a modified skin of yours, you can try it: https://www.mediafire.com/?k95zzz1c7398fxu

There are a few disadvantages:
1) If a new combo-colour starts, the order of dot/no-dot will be ignored.
2) For multi-digit-numbers, you will always see a dot, but it will fade out quickly
3) Depending on your dimmer-settings, this solution is crap :cry:
4) Sliders have some little problems, since they are bit brighter in the middle. Im sure you can get a better result by messing around with transparency.

I hope my english is understandable, and i hope this is what you were thinking about :D
Topic Starter
Fookiz

ExtraWub wrote:

It actually is possible to have dot -> no-dot in multidigit numbers. The result is limited, but maybe it can statisfy you ;)
I uploaded a modified skin of yours, you can try it: https://www.mediafire.com/?k95zzz1c7398fxu

2) For multi-digit-numbers, you will always see a dot, but it will fade out quickly
4) Sliders have some little problems, since they are bit brighter in the middle. Im sure you can get a better result by messing around with transparency.

I hope my english is understandable, and i hope this is what you were thinking about :D
thanks man ill try it out later i realy appriciate it :)
also, what is the dimmer settings >_<
edit:DUDE THATS PREETY GOOD THE IDEA WITH THE BLACK SPOTS ON SLIDERS IS AWESOME
dude i like it ! ty so so much <3
it is kinda random but i like it ^_^
nrl
I'm curious, why do you want the dot - no-dot thing?
Topic Starter
Fookiz

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

i dont relay know to be onnect , kinda like the look of it .

ExtraWub wrote:

btw also since you seem realy good with skins, can you fix my all dot skin? it is on my profile, i want no 2 dots in the same circle when 2 digit numbers?i know it is possible but i coulden't do it myself, can you?
Haskorion
can you pls stick to this topic? t/51694

Just set the HitCircleOverlap in your skin.ini to the width of your dot images.
ExtraWub

Fookiezi wrote:

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

i dont relay know to be onnect , kinda like the look of it .

ExtraWub wrote:

btw also since you seem realy good with skins, can you fix my all dot skin? it is on my profile, i want no 2 dots in the same circle when 2 digit numbers?i know it is possible but i coulden't do it myself, can you?
Im glad I could help you :) If you still need help, feel free to pm me, but i think this:

ReddScorn wrote:

can you pls stick to this topic? t/51694

pretty much sums up all the things you need to do ;)

Just make sure you have those lines inside your skin.ini - file:

[Fonts]
HitCirclePrefix: default
HitCircleOverlap: %w%

Replace "%w%" with the width of you default-0, default-1 (etc) images in pixels (they should all have the same width).
If you run in any problems, there is already a thread (ReddScorn linked it), try your luck there - its made especially for questions like that.
Topic Starter
Fookiz

ExtraWub wrote:

Im glad I could help you :) If you still need help, feel free to pm me, but i think this:

ReddScorn wrote:

can you pls stick to this topic? https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/51694

pretty much sums up all the things you need to do ;)

Just make sure you have those lines inside your skin.ini - file:

[Fonts]
HitCirclePrefix: default
HitCircleOverlap: %w%

Replace "%w%" with the width of you default-0, default-1 (etc) images in pixels (they should all have the same width).
If you run in any problems, there is already a thread (ReddScorn linked it), try your luck there - its made especially for questions like that.
ok ty <3