forum

WARNING! Challenger approaching

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NickV_old
A new foe has appeared!

Hello everyone,

The name is Nick, I'm 23 years old and I come from the Netherlands. Though I've known about Osu! for a while, due to League of Legends streams and friends playing it, I've only started playing the game yesterday, and I'm already loving it. Since I'm competitive by nature, I will be challenging people when I'm comfortable enough with the game- -being able to play maps perfectly on Hard that is- -but I can imagine that still taking some weeks if not months. :P

I guess I'm your average nerd: I enjoy gaming and watching anime, probably like most of the Osu! players do. Gaming-wise I'm really into JRPG's. Golden Sun is my favourite game in that genre, but if you'd ask for my absolute favourite game I'd say Fire Emblem: Awakening. I've always loved the serie and Awakening is the most complete game out there. I've played Halo 1 PC on a very high level; if you've played it too you may have heard of 'MuFf1n.' League of Legends is the only real multiplayer I'm active on nowadays, though I'm kind of losing interest. I also like games like: Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros. and Resident Evil (the old ones, new ones suck). As for anime, well, anything with a good story goes! Plottwists is what I love most- no I don't mean oppai; twisting that is just weird. Madoka Magica, Zetsuen no Tempest and Another are amongst my favourites. You can see my list here.

Anyway~ I think I'm starting to get the hang of the game, though it's still kind of annoying when targets are on top of each other or when a beatmap is even slightly out of sync with a beat or when they skip a beat; it always makes me miss. :(
Cerulean Veyron
Hi, Nick! Welcome to the forums! Ofc, the mappers who recently ranked their map this month are too stupid when they skipped a beat. It made me miss so many notes each 15-30sec of the song track, It doesn't make sense much ;n;

Anyway, Good Luck on your goals!
Vuelo Eluko
welcome, as for your next multiplayer game might i suggest Quake Live or perhaps Dota 2?

i dont have much advice to give however when i was new like you i just threw on nofail and hit up as many 4+ star maps as i could and progressed horrifically slow and had awful reading and acc for the longest time [still do to an extent]... sooo my advice is DON'T do that. Nofail is not your friend unless you can get 80%+ on it already.
Raisha Millenia
Hello, Nick! Welcome to osu! forums. Im in Netherland now :)
Piine
Welcome to the game. Hope you will enjoy it here. ≧﹏≦
Topic Starter
NickV_old

Riince wrote:

welcome, as for your next multiplayer game might i suggest Quake Live or perhaps Dota 2?

i dont have much advice to give however when i was new like you i just threw on nofail and hit up as many 4+ star maps as i could and progressed horrifically slow and had awful reading and acc for the longest time [still do to an extent]... sooo my advice is DON'T do that. Nofail is not your friend unless you can get 80%+ on it already.
Haha, I do nofails on maps I've cleared 100% before and want a higher score. :P Other than that I just try to clear maps that I find hard. Thanks though!

Ichara wrote:

Hello, Nick! Welcome to osu! forums. Im in Netherland now :)
What a coincidence!

Sulker wrote:

Welcome to the game. Hope you will enjoy it here. ≧﹏≦
I'm sure I will. ^^
Frikandel
Welcome!