forum

Skin Library (a.k.a. The Lurking Topic) [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
gp0_old
I'm still waiting on this idea of an official user-generated skin library. You know, the thing that's been floating up-in-the-air, but we never got around to and sorta kicked around?

Scouring upppy for skins is not fun. There is also no set topic with the words "post" and "skins" in the title. And I'm not saying I hate the standard skins, I just want to see more skins out there. Because these are things we click with, at, and on.

If you are prepared to say that 90% of what goes in turns out to be crap, why don't you just enlist 4 people to monitor intake (SATs?)? Everything is not always what it seems to be.

Also, if the worry is that what comes in anyways will only be a trickle:
1) The creation of such a facilitation would spark artistic incentive in these people.
2) I dunno, get like, one skinning achievement or something. No wait that's stupidohwellleaveitupthereanyways.

I know the ending just sorta sucked, but yeah, just sorta miffed me for a few hours today.
awp
LH is the SAT.
Derekku
Browsing upppy for skins? wat

What happened to browsing the skin forum? There are plenty of decent/well-made skins in there. >.>;;;
Topic Starter
gp0_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

What happened to browsing the skin forum? There are plenty of decent/well-made skins in there. >.>;;;
If there was one clearly marked and made available, then yeah. But it's out of sight.
An64fan
What... There's your library for you. We just don't have a librarian keeping things tidy.

Honestly though, a topic keeping track of notable skins wouldn't hurt if you asked me.
Ephemeral
Then why doesn't somebody else do it?

I'm sure a moderator would have no issue in stickying a well-made thread with such content. Nothing is stopping you.
peppy
Skins should be browsable from the updater. I have been trying to organise this for ages, but need someone (or many people) to help moderate and organise skins.

Basic tasks would be to check the quality of skins, ensure every skin has a preview image (either made by the author of the skin or if they aren't around anymore, someone else). The preview images as well as ability to download would either be in the updater or in-game.

If anyone is interested in helping with this process, then post in here. It will require a bit of time on your part. It is likely that a web-based browsable library will also be made available.

While we're at it, i'd really like to rename the skin zips to .osk and associate it with osu!.
Dragvon
As a skinner i would like to help. But my only problem is time. I'll mostly be avaliable at weekends :3
Azure_Kite
I wouldn't mind helping out with the moderation of the forum's standards.
An64fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
@An64fan: I agree with nothing.
Topic Starter
gp0_old
Well, it'd be a pretty unfortunate event if the only time you ever updated the game, it would update too fast and then osu! would restart with that checkbox for automatic restart checked.

I'm pretty much not too concerned with the facilitation as much as I am with content.
Dragvon
Let's try this one.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23820
DeletedUser_151115
a
Derekku
Skin Library <3

Marking as 'Added' for now~