forum

[duplicate] OSU Backup Beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +20
Topic Starter
mynameisyo
I hope OSU can built a New features

Many times I accidentally uninstall the osu all my beatmaps also removed :o

I want to get them back but there are so many maps I cant remember

So I hope New features can record the maps we downloaded and installed :lol:
Tari
You could always save your beatmap folders just in case you unistall osu!, that way when you want to install osu! again, you have all your maps in that folder and just simply put it in.
sheela
When you have the supporter tag, it has the Ranked (played) in the beatmap listing. This option will show you the beatmaps played, so you can re-download them.
When you uninstall osu!, the folder containing everything in this game (skins, collections, beatmap, etc.) will be erased. So remember to backup those files.
Topic Starter
mynameisyo

Tari wrote:

You could always save your beatmap folders just in case you unistall osu!, that way when you want to install osu! again, you have all your maps in that folder and just simply put it in.
Ofcaurse if i want to reinstall it i'll backup
But I accidentally remove it
XPJ38
You may want to support this: t/215117

Or use Dropbox.
Topic Starter
mynameisyo

sheela901 wrote:

When you have the supporter tag, it has the Ranked (played) in the beatmap listing. This option will show you the beatmaps played, so you can re-download them.
When you uninstall osu!, the folder containing everything in this game (skins, collections, beatmap, etc.) will be erased. So remember to backup those files.
Yeah I checked the list there just a little part of my maps
And If I repack the whole my computer or forgot to backup how should i do
So I really hope OSU can try to built something like this feature
MillhioreF
When you have thousands of maps, backing up like this gets really unwieldy really fast. A good solution would perhaps be for someone to create a third-party program that parses osu!.db or the song folder and creates a file with links to download all currently installed maps.